Release date: May 25, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £15.99
Notes: Varnish Finish. Limited to 2000 Copies

front.jpg
back.jpg
interior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, just as I expected, they have now said that they don't have any left in stock to send me a replacement, so have refunded me instead. Despite it still being in stock when they agreed to replace it. Any customer focused organisation would have put one aside for me at that time so that this issue wouldn't arise. In fact, Amazon would have sent a replacement straight away, and only charged me if I didn't return the original within a specified period of time.

Once again I find myself reporting that Zavvi could learn so much from Amazon regarding customer service....

Have now managed to get a perfect copy via eBay, ordered using a 20% off code last week, so ended up only about £1 or so more than I had paid for the original from Zavvi that arrived damaged and got sent back. So not too bad a result in the end, but still not a good show from Zavvi for not holding any back for replacements.

Have now managed to get a perfect copy via eBay, ordered using a 20% off code last week, so ended up only about £1 or so more than I had paid for the original from Zavvi that arrived damaged and got sent back. So not too bad a result in the end, but still not a good show from Zavvi for not holding any back for replacements.

Your copy from Zavvi was damaged?
Well, at least you received your copy at all...

I'm still waiting for mine - but already started an inquiry at their support...

(n)

Your copy from Zavvi was damaged?
Well, at least you received your copy at all...

I'm still waiting for mine - but already started an inquiry at their support...

(n)
Good luck - especially as they've now sold out, so won't have any copies available to send you another...

Good luck - especially as they've now sold out, so won't have any copies available to send you another...

Yup... they already asked me to fill their disclaimer form...
Well, if they don't have any backup copies, then i'll get a copy from Amazon.it probably.. :thumbs:

I had a payment problem when this was released and never sorted it as wasn't sure I wanted it, now I want it so I resolved the payment issue now it's just a waiting game to see if they send it, same thing happened with beetlejuice and junanji, resolved the payment problem long after they sold out and received both so fingers crossed the same happens with this

Reactions: monsterzebra
I had a payment problem when this was released and never sorted it as wasn't sure I wanted it, now I want it so I resolved the payment issue now it's just a waiting game to see if they send it, same thing happened with beetlejuice and junanji, resolved the payment problem long after they sold out and received both so fingers crossed the same happens with this
If you've only just resolved the payment issue, then I don't think you'll get one as they've sold out. They don't have any sort of allocation system - when I challenged them on why they didn't hold one back when they agreed to replace my damaged one, they said that their system just doesn't work that way. They can only issue a copy from their warehouse once an order has been made and paid for. Thus my 're-order' wasn't 'placed' until they received my damaged copy back, which was too late as they had sold out in the meantime. I have told them in no uncertain terms that that is NOT how you look after customers! If they want to become a truly customer-focused organisation, then they really need to take a hard look at themselves and the way they conduct their business, including their systems and processes.

Just spotted the last part of your post: "same thing happened with beetlejuice and junanji, resolved the payment problem long after they sold out and received both".

You were either lucky, or they did have these already 'allocated' until the payment problem was resolved then, if not, get released back in to general stock.

Just spotted the last part of your post: "same thing happened with beetlejuice and junanji, resolved the payment problem long after they sold out and received both".

You were either lucky, or they did have these already 'allocated' until the payment problem was resolved then, if not, get released back in to general stock.

To be honest I'm not holding my breathe, I expect the "sorry it's sold out...." Email in a few days, can't really complain though as had plenty of time to resolve it.

If you've only just resolved the payment issue, then I don't think you'll get one as they've sold out. They don't have any sort of allocation system - when I challenged them on why they didn't hold one back when they agreed to replace my damaged one, they said that their system just doesn't work that way. They can only issue a copy from their warehouse once an order has been made and paid for. Thus my 're-order' wasn't 'placed' until they received my damaged copy back, which was too late as they had sold out in the meantime. I have told them in no uncertain terms that that is NOT how you look after customers! If they want to become a truly customer-focused organisation, then they really need to take a hard look at themselves and the way they conduct their business, including their systems and processes.

1 week after resolving my payment issue zavvi have dowpatched my order, seems they still
Have some of these lying around, makes you wonder why they're saying there's none left.

1 week after resolving my payment issue zavvi have dowpatched my order, seems they still
Have some of these lying around, makes you wonder why they're saying there's none left.
Damaged returns they are selling maybe?

Reactions: Kashby
im not sure if links/ebay are allowed here but need some advice - i have just purchased this Elektra Steenbok from eBay for what seems quite a low price, but have since realised it has a scratch to the front top corner, in its condition do you think its worth £28.10? ... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elektra-R...009135?hash=item44097db3ef:g:7FAAAOSwKtlZlCGI
Depends how OCD you are bud, having read the listing the seller doesn't mention it being scratched and seen as its unsealed would have known, so you def have a case.