Empire of the Sun (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 25, 2011
Neverland
Release date: December 1st, 2014
Purchase link: Zavvi
Notes: Ultra Limited to 2500 copies with Matt Varnish Finish and Embossed Title and Child Treatment.

empire.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered The Equaliser yesterday with other items so can't cancel it now. Pity you can't add items to an existing open order like with Amazon.

Arghh I haven't been getting emails for this thread either. Glad it's not sold out.

@apsmith21 this is the third time this has happened, has anyone else had this happen? I missed out on the Memento steel because of this.

Edit: I like the front. Not a fan of the photoshopped ghost Bale on the back. And matte finish isn't making me want to buy this, especially since the digibook comes with, well, pages of content. Since it's not glossy I'll wait for a price drop.

Arghh I haven't been getting emails for this thread either. Glad it's not sold out.

@apsmith21 this is the third time this has happened, has anyone else had this happen? I missed out on the Memento steel because of this.

Edit: I like the front. Not a fan of the photoshopped ghost Bale on the back. And matte finish isn't making me want to buy this, especially since the digibook comes with, well, pages of content. Since it's not glossy I'll wait for a price drop.

I just did a test after watching the thread and I get the alert just fine. Note that I won't get any further alerts until I visit the thread after this FIRST alert is received - that way your inbox is not being spammed with constant messages.

email_alert.png

Conversely, you can also visit this part of the forum to see if any of your watched threads have changed.

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/watched/threads

In addition, I can verify that the thread is being watched by me when I see the "glasses" icon.

watched_thread.png

• Helpful Post
Reactions: lolwut
I just did a test after watching the thread and I get the alert just fine. Note that I won't get any further alerts until I visit the thread after this FIRST alert is received - that way your inbox is not being spammed with constant messages.

View attachment 104266

Conversely, you can also visit this part of the forum to see if any of your watched threads have changed.

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/watched/threads

In addition, I can verify that the thread is being watched by me when I see the "glasses" icon.

View attachment 104267

I do get multiple email alerts for the same thread sometimes. Like for this thread I got an email for your post saying "looks like a great release!" and another email for "I love this movie! Definite buy!" 8 minutes apart from each other. But for the most part I just get one email. But that's not the reason why I haven't been getting emails for certain threads that I'm watching and receiving email notifications for (because I don't let email notifications "sit" in my inbox unread). The notifications just stop, despite getting them every day previously.

Oh wow, I just visited that link and there are a number of other threads that I haven't been getting notifications for! Oddly none of them have the glasses icon. Could it be when an "ignored" member bumps the thread that causes the notifications to just completely stop? Thanks.

I do get multiple email alerts for the same thread sometimes. Like for this thread I got an email for your post saying "looks like a great release!" and another email for "I love this movie! Definite buy!" 8 minutes apart from each other. But for the most part I just get one email. But that's not the reason why I haven't been getting emails for certain threads that I'm watching and receiving email notifications for (because I don't let email notifications "sit" in my inbox unread). The notifications just stop, despite getting them every day previously.

Oh wow, I just visited that link and there are a number of other threads that I haven't been getting notifications for! Oddly none of them have the glasses icon. Could it be when an "ignored" member bumps the thread that causes the notifications to just completely stop? Thanks.

Pretty sure the reason why you got two alerts is on this thread is that I deleted the first post I made, as I couldn't get an alert for myself, and then tested with another user.

Not sure how many folks you have on ignore, but if it was significant, I think that's one possible idea why notifications could be stopping, but I'm not seeing anything to back that up in my research...

You could also try to switch them to alerts only, and see how tapatalk handles the push alerts to your mobile device when new messages are received.

But, to answer your question, that's how the system works, you will need to visit the thread again, on the website, in order to receive the next e-mail update.

Pretty sure the reason why you got two alerts is on this thread is that I deleted the first post I made, as I couldn't get an alert for myself, and then tested with another user.

Not sure how many folks you have on ignore, but if it was significant, I think that's one possible idea why notifications could be stopping, but I'm not seeing anything to back that up in my research...

You could also try to switch them to alerts only, and see how tapatalk handles the push alerts to your mobile device when new messages are received.

But, to answer your question, that's how the system works, you will need to visit the thread again, on the website, in order to receive the next e-mail update.

I emptied my ignore list so we'll see if that helps.

I don't use tapatalk.

Hmm, I always visit the thread on the site when I get an email, because I want to see the most recent posts.

I emptied my ignore list so we'll see if that helps.

I don't use tapatalk.

Hmm, I always visit the thread on the site when I get an email, because I want to see the most recent posts.
If you subscribed to the threads before the forum switch, you can also try to unsubscribe and then subscribe again.

Cancelled mine and will wait for definate price drop

Nice front looking cover with good detailed artwork. Will wait for the price to reduce before purchasing it as for the time being ive cancelled the order...