Buy Link: Evil Dead (2013) IT'S LIVE!
evil_21.jpg

Artwork courtesy of cooey
EvilDead2013-UK.jpg
Pictures of actual SteelBook courtesy of Naughtius Maximus:
DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

Nice paint chip on mine: (good job im not ocd)
DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 262
Last edited by a moderator:
Think few lucky souls got a mint copy. All 3 copies of mine got loads of paint chips on the back. Returned yesterday. Goodbye to both Evil Dead 2013 and Evil Dead 2. No more Studio canal pre-ordering for me.

Yep, having had the weekend to think about it, I will be sending both of mine back. One of them being the replacement, which was worst than the first copy!

I can't be doing with settling for a damaged steelbook. It's pure pot luck if you get an undamaged one and that's not fair.

Zavvi should just pull the plug on stock they have left, send them back to studio canal and ask for them to check, find the damaged ones, then repackage the good ones.

That ain't gunna happen, but it should!

Night ninjas!

After 11 day my Evil Dead 2013 finally arrived. I am glad that I didn't recieve ED2 like many of you did. But Zavvi used the new packaging with the paper thin foam and it's a wonder that the Steelbook isn't damaged. I also have no spine slash. I am happy that my last order at Zavvi was successful so I can ask them to delete my account and will never have something to do with them again.

I Actually really enjoyed it. Its a shame both of the steelbooks i orderered had paint missing from the back. i cant be bothered to keep reordering. Maybe ill try again in the future if the price drops.

Besides the dent I had from the start I opened up the steel and found paint chips on the back right where others have. If you think you have a mint copy...you should remove the j-card for a look first.

Zavvi answered...patrial refund or 3 gbp account credit

mine are scratched also in similar places to everyone elses.
about an inch from the top and bottom on the back of the steel.
emialed zavvi awaiting reply.

Mine arrived yesterday.. Apart from two very tiny paint chips on the back, which i was able to make invisible with a fine back pen, it's mint. Really happy with it because i think its a great looking steelbook, especially the red color on the front which begins to glow when held in the right angle under light.. Looking fwd to watch the film tomorrow. :)

I got my copy yesterday and everything look great until I took off the j-card EEK! The back was scratched to hell!!! There are two 4 inch scratches in the middle and a couple of the chips near the sides like everyone else has in the pics. My copy looks worse than the pics you guys posted. I did some touch up with a black and red sharpy to make it look a little more bearable. I am just going to put up with this. It's a waste of time for me to ship it back and get another messed up copy so whatever.

Just re-checked mine after seeing the pics but as an OCD collector (who nit-picks over every little scratch) mine really doesn't have any of the issues pointed out. This is one of the few I've received lately with no fuss at all. I do think however that when the J-card's are loose and not glued down the backs of the steelbooks do run a higher than normal risk of being scratched. Hope you guys all get sorted.

I posted my two damaged copies back to Zavvi today "replacement" - Na!

Glad its gone, way too much hassle.

Thanks Zavvi -home of steelbookz returns

Mine arrived yesterday.. Apart from two very tiny paint chips on the back, which i was able to make invisible with a fine back pen, it's mint. Really happy with it because i think its a great looking steelbook, especially the red color on the front which begins to glow when held in the right angle under light.. Looking fwd to watch the film tomorrow. :)

it's just funny you posted this, i was about to do the same! happy with it, now that i compared it with the TARGET one, i still like this one better!:D

Reactions: severo

Lets have a look at the touch up job then.

Here is my journey so far with this steelbook and Zavvi:

I pre-ordered item.

Received a damaged copy. Sent copy back for replacement. Received Evil Dead 2 instead. Sent that back for a full refund. Received an email this morning telling me it is being replaced and dispatched.

I can't get a number to call a human Zavvi advisor. Just automated messages telling me to go to the useless message centre where they generically reply with wrong answers to random questions you don't ask.

Any help?!?! Argggh ZAVVIIIIIIIIIIIII

I've made a video review of this steelbook, where you can see the entire design in motion. Hope you like it...
[media=youtube]tYdjJsxTFM8[/media]
[video in German language]

P.S.: I'm pretty new to this forum so I don't know if it's okay to post links to Steelbook video presentations on YT - so in case it's not, please contact me and I'll not post videolinks again!

I've made a video review of this steelbook, where you can see the entire design in motion. Hope you like it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYdjJsxTFM8
[video in German language]

P.S.: I'm pretty new to this forum so I don't know if it's okay to post links to Steelbook video presentations on YT - so in case it's not, please contact me and I'll not post videolinks again!

hi playzocker, great to have you here in this forum! i always enjoy your video reviews on youtube...

welcome here, and greets from vienna! ;)