Buy Link: Evil Dead (2013) IT'S LIVE!
evil_21.jpg

Artwork courtesy of cooey
EvilDead2013-UK.jpg
Pictures of actual SteelBook courtesy of Naughtius Maximus:
DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

Nice paint chip on mine: (good job im not ocd)
DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 262
Last edited by a moderator:
my copy arrived fine, no issues....
the yellow logo really works well with this!

Luck must be on your side. The damage to the back of the steelbooks are in the same place. There can be no way this was not spotted at quality control stage and/or the j card being added.

It would not surprise me if there was a blind eye to it. This must be costing zavvi and studio canal a pretty penny.

Bad business practice.

Reactions: robbodoc
It's about time Studiocanal did something about it as I remember there being similar problems with End of Watch and obviously nothing has changed since.

Reactions: lgans316
Exactly.

I am not a fan of the back as it way too dark. I am pretty sure that the paint chips could have been avoided if they used a better quality finish. Cheap paint and cost cutting are now costing Zavvi and Studio Canal a lot of money unless they absorb the cost of returns and put them back on sale at rock bottom prices.

This, Evil Dead 2 and Jungle Book are going give Zavvi a massive headache.

It's disgraceful really. I can't afford third copy but by now all of em must be chipped. Tempted to order target version but that's 30 quid!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Exactly.

I am not a fan of the back as it way too dark. I am pretty sure that the paint chips could have been avoided if they used a better quality finish. Cheap paint and cost cutting are now costing Zavvi and Studio Canal a lot of money unless they absorb the cost of returns and put them back on sale at rock bottom prices.

This, Evil Dead 2 and Jungle Book are going give Zavvi a massive headache.

I doubt the scratches are because of the finish. Gloss or matte, these have been gouged down to the metal in places. If they were gloss they would look even worse i think EEK!

Glad I cancelled my order for this. It would have been a blind buy based on my love for the original film. Have now rented this remake and found it ordinary, even a bit boring thanks to the bland cast. I'd be disappointed if I'd paid £17.49 for this and gotten one of the very many damaged copies to boot.

Agreed all the scratches & chips seem to be in the same places

I sent Zavvi proof of damage pics for both ED & ED 2 still to get a reply:angry:

ED2 has less scratches but has dents

Reactions: lolwut
Has anyone managed to receive an absolutely mint copy? Trying to decide whether it's worth risking sending this back and potentially getting a worse replacement.

I managed to get a mint copy, think i've only ever had one dented steel ever... and that was Jaws from Play.com, they replaced it immediately.