snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: June 1st, 2015
Purchase link: Ex_Machina
Price: £21.99
Notes: Embossed Front with Gloss Varnish Finish and Debossed Reverse. Limited to 2,000 copies.
Steelbook is not silver

11072619-1424269404-678753.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678814.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678707.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678702.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678758.jpg

In hand hidefninja.com exclusive pics:
Posted here 12:09pm EST, May 7 as received from Zavvi

cjgidi1431014896-jpg.158575

be2uwy1431014853-jpg.158576

fl3rah1431014804-jpg.158577

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered mine in January and still no dispatch e-mail, and some ninjas ordered yesterday and have had dispatch already, typical Zavvi.

My preorder was as soon as it went live.
Mine has been Despatched today as well
I always seem to get my Zavvi orders at least a day later than many others
Looking forward to it

That's what people said with Kick Ass 2. It never came back except for a few bashed returned copies.

Yep, and The World's End didn't come back either I think. But The Wolf of Wall Street did.

It's always a guessing game, but the one thing we know is that Universal is very good at making steelbooks (the Monty Python steel this year was top notch too), so I don't mind paying full price right now for something really well done.

Yep, and The World's End didn't come back either I think. But The Wolf of Wall Street did.

It's always a guessing game, but the one thing we know is that Universal is very good at making steelbooks (the Monty Python steel this year was top notch too), so I don't mind paying full price right now for something really well done.
Yeah I don't understand those that will pay high prices for steels of bad films especially Asian versions. Yet grumble at something like this which will still be being talked about 20 years from now. The price was easily ok for a quality release like this, and not all titles come back, infact a fair few haven't.

Zavvi has taken to a new low. They cancelled a couple orders of this I made on the day it was announced. I had a 10% off code as well. They shipped out the ones I bought yesterday with no code.

Funny they never do that to steels that are not in high demand. They ship them as out quickly as they can before people can cancel.

Zavvi has taken to a new low. They cancelled a couple orders of this I made on the day it was announced. I had a 10% off code as well. They shipped out the ones I bought yesterday with no code.

I always order with discount codes, and I often have my orders cancelled for really high demand titles. Most notably with Captain America TWS and Avengers Assemble. When they oversell, I think they go and cancel the orders made with the lowest prices.....

How many copies did you order? IIRC they limited some releases to 2 per cusomer, they may have done the same again with this. Certainly sucks that they cancelled the discounted copies though.

I always order with discount codes, and I often have my orders cancelled for really high demand titles. Most notably with Captain America TWS and Avengers Assemble. When they oversell, I think they go and cancel the orders made with the lowest prices.....

They weren't oversold though. It came back into stock. Its something you cant prove, but its more than obvious they are doing it for the extra $ in their pockets.

The worst thing is, the most loyal customer who spends the most gets the shaft. I guess they will be sitting on loads of steel for the remainder of the year. I hardly have any pre orders with zavvi right now. I have been shifting my funds to Europe where the dollar is on par with the Euro. Its a win/win for me.

How many copies did you order? IIRC they limited some releases to 2 per cusomer, they may have done the same again with this. Certainly sucks that they cancelled the discounted copies though.

More than 2. They had no problem shipping out the higher priced ones yesterday though. My motto: "Don't bit the hand that feeds you". Zavvi just did that to their biggest spenders.

They weren't oversold though. It came back into stock. Its something you cant prove, but its more than obvious they are doing it for the extra $ in their pockets.

The worst thing is, the most loyal customer who spends the most gets the shaft. I guess they will be sitting on loads of steel for the remainder of the year. I hardly have any pre orders with zavvi right now. I have been shifting my funds to Europe where the dollar is on par with the Euro. Its a win/win for me.

Yeah thanks to the Tories getting back in here the pound strengthened immediately, making buying from the US/Euro much cheaper :cool:

Reactions: MrBMT
More than 2. They had no problem shipping out the higher priced ones yesterday though. My motto: "Don't bit the hand that feeds you". Zavvi just did that to their biggest spenders.
Pretty sure Zavvi's motto is 'fleece them for everything you can, they'll keep coming back so long as we get exclusive releases'.
I have ocean front property in Kansas for sale.
Am I missing some reference here... or?

If anyone has ordered more than 5 copies then there is no debate. If 5 or less, fair comment.

I also own property on the coast. Maybe its the sea air that entices Steelbook Collectors?