Finding Dory (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Collection #10) [Korea]

Hooltra

The French Touch
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
Paris, France
Release date: February 7, 2017
Purchase links: One click (OOS) - Full Slip - Lenticular Pre-order January 24 at 17:00 Korea Time
Price: $45.99 (Full Slip - Lenticular) - $91.00 (One Click)
Note: 800 numbered copies and 250 one clicks - limited to 2 of each per order
HDN Group Buys: Hosted by cooey HERE and Kaka HERE

IMG_0784.JPG IMG_0785.JPG

Last edited:
Glad that these are not selling out as it used to be few years back. If this trend continues it will serve as a wake up call to these retailers who are flooding the market.
i think the premium WWA might not be an instant sellout anymore especially if a WEA premium has been announced (as with the case of the last few: this, Civil War, Jungle Book, BvS, Suicide Squad) also the multiple releases of the same WWA steelbook (Tarzan, ID Resurgence) by different retailers has slowed it down as people tend to wait to buy the best version..

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
i think the premium WWA might not be an instant sellout anymore especially if a WEA premium has been announced (as with the case of the last few: this, Civil War, Jungle Book, BvS, Suicide Squad) also the multiple releases of the same WWA steelbook (Tarzan, ID Resurgence) by different retailers has slowed it down as people tend to wait to buy the best version..
I think it's necessary for the prices to drop on Kimchidvd/Novamedia WWA releases. There's still a market for them but their competition should be typical WWA (hmv) releases not a Blufans one. It should be seen (and priced) as WWA plus a couple of really nice additions, rather than a premium package entirely imo.

I think it's necessary for the prices to drop on Kimchidvd/Novamedia WWA releases. There's still a market for them but their competition should be typical WWA (hmv) releases not a Blufans one. It should be seen (and priced) as WWA plus a couple of really nice additions, rather than a premium package entirely imo.

IMO a ''Premium Package'' using a WWA Steelbook cannot be compared to a bare Steelbook, it is like comparing apple and oranges.
You can however surely compare 2 Different Premium Packages both using a WWA Steel, that would make sense.

This trend started long time ago...

Dec 2015 - Inside Out didn't sell out (and still available)
May 2016 - Good Dinosaur didn't sell out (and still available)
Feb 2017 - Finding Dory still available

IMO a ''Premium Package'' using a WWA Steelbook cannot be compared to a bare Steelbook, it is like comparing apple and oranges.
You can however surely compare 2 Different Premium Packages both using a WWA Steel, that would make sense.
And yeah I see what you mean. I mean, I keep my steelbooks sealed so to me, the slip is all that matters. I just find it difficult to justify £30 worth of slip and paper cards for most releases when the steelbook itself is only worth £20 from hmv

It's not sold out re sellers panic
simpsons_panic.gif

:giggle::rofl:
It's release is not for the purpose of a possible re sale value or later value if sold out ;)
It's value is the price it cost you to purchase the release.

It's for collectors to purchase be it open and enjoy all the contents otherwise why bother including a booklet or artcards etc
Personally I still don't get the point of never opening unless your a re seller or it's purchase to trade.

A retailer don't need to sell out fast straight away as long as 50%-70% sold in first 3-6 months it's doing well and the rest of the stock take 6-12 months to sell or even longer and even if they are left with 100 units not sold it don't matter they made their profit anyway

Reactions: Radagast
It's not sold out re sellers panic
View attachment 290821
:giggle::rofl:
It's release is not for the purpose of a possible re sale value or later value if sold out ;)
It's value is the price it cost you to purchase the release.

It's for collectors to purchase be it open and enjoy all the contents otherwise why bother including a booklet or artcards etc
Personally I still don't get the point of never opening unless your a re seller or it's purchase to trade.

A retailer don't need to sell out fast straight away as long as 50%-70% sold in first 3-6 months it's doing well and the rest of the stock take 6-12 months to sell or even longer and even if they are left with 100 units not sold it don't matter they made their profit anyway
To be fair, even releases that sell out fast don't command much resell nowadays. I think most have realised the steelbook game isn't very profitable.

Reactions: lgans316
And yeah I see what you mean. I mean, I keep my steelbooks sealed so to me, the slip is all that matters. I just find it difficult to justify £30 worth of slip and paper cards for most releases when the steelbook itself is only worth £20 from hmv

We seem to collect very differently.

I personally never look at the price of a steelbook that will become part of a premium edition as I most likely don't have much interest for the Steelbook if it isn't part of a ''premium Package''; I used to collect Bare Steelbooks(I still do at times when not going to be part of a premium package).

So I Open my Collectibles, but if I love a movie or a package enough I may double dip(darn OCD :wacky: ). I used to keep everything sealed, but someone pointed something out to me that if I don't have the intention of reselling them, why keep them sealed ? So since then I started to open a few and over time I started to open almost all of my premium editions and Steelbooks but like I said if I find something beautiful enough I might just double dip to satisfy my OCD. I collect for myself, I never resell my collectibles.

We seem to collect very differently.

I personally never look at the price of a steelbook that will become part of a premium edition as I most likely don't have much interest for the Steelbook if it isn't part of a ''premium Package''; I used to collect Bare Steelbooks(I still do at times when not going to be part of a premium package).

So I Open my Collectibles, but if I love a movie or a package enough I may double dip(darn OCD :wacky: ). I used to keep everything sealed, but someone pointed something out to me that if I don't have the intention of reselling them, why keep them sealed ? So since then I started to open a few and over time I started to open almost all of my premium editions and Steelbooks but like I said if I find something beautiful enough I might just double dip to satisfy my OCD. I collect for myself, I never resell my collectibles.
Yeah that makes a lot of sense to me. I understand your viewpoint. I've sold my entire steelbook collection and only have lenticular slips nowadays. I have 0 intent for steelbooks themselves so I have no real need to open the slip as I can see the lenticular just fine. I do actually have intent to resell some of my films. I'm currently own my third copy of Kimchidvd's Thor and Nova's CA because (as a student especially) sometimes quick money is necessary. But yeah, I understand your stance completely, different strokes:thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
Glad that these are not selling out as it used to be few years back. If this trend continues it will serve as a wake up call to these retailers who are flooding the market.
I think the fall in GBP had a big impact too as I imagine a lot of UK'er's imported so thats a big slice of pie thats dissolving.

Strongly disagree says the majority of the crowd. :naughty: The weak £ and EUR has had a huge impact.
am not saying its a massive part, but its got to have had an impact.
the US, UK and Germany are some of the biggest media importers/consumers(or were last time I checked) so a low GBP WILL have a degree of impact for sure.
I didnt know the EUR was weak too (then again when I was over in Amsterdam last week it was quite pricey, though I just put that down to it being a Captial City)