Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
March 28th, 2015:
FUTURE SHOP CLOSING ALL THE STORES:
To answer few questions:
http://links.newsletter.futureshop....MTM0MTIzOTQyNzg5S0&j=NjQzNzE3NzI2S0&mt=1&rt=0

And the FAQ:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/futureshop-bestbuy-faq.aspx?cmp=vrd-bbyquestions

If you want to know if your store is still open:
https://www-ssl.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/stores/store-locator.aspx?icmp=BBYStoreLocator_en_5

For ALL Future Shop release:
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/35674/
futureshop.gif
Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to Future Shop Canada website.

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Important:
This store only ships to Canada. If you want to buy from this store, you need a contact OR join a specific Group Buy.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluraysteel
Is this visible with the J card? Or you have to remove the J card/shrink wrap to see the paint chip? Still have mine sealed and kind of worried that it maybe damaged underneath the j card.

no, it wasn't behind the j-card, it on the bottom right corner and the edge near the side opening for TDKR. They're definitely both scratches.

Has anyone notice that futureshop hasn't been shipping packing slips with orders anymore? My last three orders didn't have a packing slip.
Is it something they're doing for the holidays, in case orders are presents?

I STILL haven't received my Bourne Steelbooks. Thats 11 days past the release date and I PRE-ORDERED!!!! That's totally unacceptable. It is "on its way". But still, I've never had it this bad before.

Has anyone else waited this long for a pre-order?

I STILL haven't received my Bourne Steelbooks. Thats 11 days past the release date and I PRE-ORDERED!!!! That's totally unacceptable. It is "on its way". But still, I've never had it this bad before.

Has anyone else waited this long for a pre-order?

Yes I have.... :angry:

Hence why I gave up on pre-orders. There just a security blanket now for myself in-case people clean out the store upon opening on release days for whatever reason.

Personally, I would get in there and hand pick these Bourne steels for yourself kaw.... pretty bad quality on them but there are copies to be found if you filter through them without paint chips.

My Total Recall SB appeared to have a spine slash about mid-point so I returned/exchanged it. I checked the others in my local store and none of them seemed to have the same issue.

The good thing about returns and/or exchanges at FS is they never give me a hassle.

Does anyone get worried about making too many returns?

I buy stuff both in store and online and if any of them turn out to have a small imperfection I'll return it, so I end up making 3~6 returns monthly.

I've never had any problems with Pre-orders with Futureshop Steelbooks. Nearly all of the pre-orders I got from them have been good (except for one of the Bourne Steelbooks, I did see some paint chipped, but I didn't exchange it as this seems to be a universal issue)

I just had an issue with FS. I pre-ordered Looper. When I received it, I removed the plastic, and the back card only find a dent in the back. I called up and they told me to return it in store. When I went into the store, the young lady behind the counter told me they had one left in the store (just happened to be the last one in the city), but she had no idea where it was. She looked around for about 20 minutes and finally located it. We made a straight trade and I took my new copy home. I removed the plastic and the back card only to find that this one was dented worse than the one I had just returned! I called them up. They told me that they had no more and they would probably not be getting any more. After much bitching, they finally refunded me $50. I understand that the CSR I spoke to did all she could to help me out and more, but I'm a little pissed that I pre-ordered this, and now I'm stuck with a dented copy...

Sad... really SAD news today for us in Canada:
Future Shop / Best Buy Canada (same company) are closing 15 stores in Canada.
More details:
http://business.financialpost.com/2...lose-15-stores-in-canada-lay-off-900-workers/
Facing pressure from online electronics retailers such as Amazon and Apple, Best Buy Canada will close 15 of its big box stores before opening smaller outlets.

The move, which represents about 10% of the retailer’s square footage in this country, will mean layoffs for an estimated 900 employees.

“The retail landscape continues to change and our success is dependent upon our ability to evolve along with it,” Mike Pratt, president of Best Buy Canada said in a statement sent exclusively this morning to the Financial Post.

“By taking a proactive approach in transforming our operations now, I have no doubt we will be in the best position to continue innovating our store experience for consumers and grow into the next decade.”

The company, which is closing stores in the British Columbia, Quebec, Manitoba, Alberta and Ontario markets, will open a substantial, but unspecified number of its smaller Future Shop web stores and new Best Buy Mobile locations over the next three years across the country.

“We believe strongly that the changes being introduced this year will enable us to optimize our retail footprint, expand into new markets and allow us to better serve our customers across the country.”

FUTURE SHOP:
icon_futureshop.png

Ancaster, ON
Barrie South, ON
Erin Mills, ON
Montreal (Forum Entertainment Center), QC
Laval (First Pro Ste-Dorothee), QC
Regent, MB
West Kelowna, BC
Macleod, Calgary, AB

BEST BUY:
icon_bestbuy.png

Queensborough, BC
Nanaimo, BC
Victoria, BC
Langford (Westshore Town Centre), BC
South Surrey, BC
Lachenaie, QC
Sherbrooke (SmartCentres Sherbrooke), QC

I have to say, I'm not surprised at all to see some BB stores closing down, but Future Shop... really?

I use to have a store close to my house in Saint LaurentPQ which closed down last year. The irony is that they only opened about 5 years ago

Wow, what surprise. :( Fortunately, none of the ones closing are around my area.

Still sucks for people losing their jobs.

Last edited:
NO!!! :(

Im Saddened that one of my favorite Futureshop location is closing (correct me if Im wrong, this is the Pepsi Center right? near AMC cinema?)

That's the one! It really sucks, I know the manager of that store very well. Went there yesterday and he didn't tell me anything! I'll call him later to see what's going on.

FUTURE SHOP:
icon_futureshop.png

West Kelowna, BC

BEST BUY:
icon_bestbuy.png

Queensborough, BC
Nanaimo, BC
Victoria, BC
Langford (Westshore Town Centre), BC
South Surrey, BC

Wow... BC got hit hard.
I've been to a couple of these stores. Kelowna a few times, and the S Surrey BB a bunch of times. That sucks.

That is really disappointing news. I love the exclusive steels they do. I sincerely hope they don't go the same way as Play and HMV. My thoughts go out to the guys and girls who are going to out of work too. :(