Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
March 28th, 2015:
FUTURE SHOP CLOSING ALL THE STORES:
To answer few questions:
http://links.newsletter.futureshop....MTM0MTIzOTQyNzg5S0&j=NjQzNzE3NzI2S0&mt=1&rt=0

And the FAQ:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/futureshop-bestbuy-faq.aspx?cmp=vrd-bbyquestions

If you want to know if your store is still open:
https://www-ssl.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/stores/store-locator.aspx?icmp=BBYStoreLocator_en_5

For ALL Future Shop release:
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/35674/
futureshop.gif
Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to Future Shop Canada website.

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Important:
This store only ships to Canada. If you want to buy from this store, you need a contact OR join a specific Group Buy.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluraysteel
I use to have a store close to my house in Saint LaurentPQ which closed down last year. The irony is that they only opened about 5 years ago
That was a renting issue with the landlord.... nothing to do with any business problem for FS.

That's the one! It really sucks, I know the manager of that store very well. Went there yesterday and he didn't tell me anything! I'll call him later to see what's going on.
Mehdi, it was a SURPRISE this morning for everyone. Even the employees. They came to work and bam (closed doors):
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20130131-095800-g.jpg
    20130131-095800-g.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 134
Last edited by a moderator:
That was a renting issue with the landlord.... nothing to do with any business problem for FS.

Mehdi, it was a SURPRISE this morning for everyone. Even the employees. They came to work and bam (closed doors):
attachment.php

Are you telling me that the Forum store is already closed? EEK!

It already is! It has disappeard from the list of stores on the website! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Really can't believe it. Went to the Forum yesterday and took pictures of Dead Space 3. They had just received their copies. That's a sad sad day! :(

Last edited:
FUTURE SHOP:
icon_futureshop.png

Ancaster, ON
Barrie South, ON
Erin Mills, ON
Montreal (Forum Entertainment Center), QC
Laval (First Pro Ste-Dorothee), QC
Regent, MB
West Kelowna, BC
Macleod, Calgary, AB

BEST BUY:
icon_bestbuy.png

Queensborough, BC
Nanaimo, BC
Victoria, BC
Langford (Westshore Town Centre), BC
South Surrey, BC
Lachenaie, QC
Sherbrooke (SmartCentres Sherbrooke), QC

I have to say, I'm not surprised at all to see some BB stores closing down, but Future Shop... really?

I go to the South Surrey Best Buy ALL the time! Really sad :( My second most visited Best Buy was Queensborough and thats gone too! :(

I have to say Marc I agree 100%. I thought for sure a few locations of Best Buy would get closed but Future Shop, never! The FS locations they closed are a shock over the BB locations.

Wow.. that came outta nowhere!

Fortunetly it doesn't effect my area (there is no BB's out here anyways) and only have 1 FS per city out east here.

Feel bad for the Employees, I hear Target is hiring. :D

FutureShop is a Retail Electrical / Entertainment store , Right ??

So the Closed / Closing Stores are not just a steel book / Movies store in comparison to the other Stores ??

I read previous Posts :(

Was any of these stores that got the Chop , Old , or declining stores ??

Is there been any Official statements made to employees ? as I know we have 2 FS employees on here ??

this is surely terrible !!

World Wide economic troubles ??

Seems British Columbia and Quebec were hardest hit. Neither location near me is on the list, but my understanding is they are two of the more profitable stores in the GTA. Sad day though and it is mainly due to online shopping being the preferred way to shop.

I am sorry to those affected by this as they were not given any sort of forewarning according to the media.

FutureShop is a Retail Electrical / Entertainment store , Right ??
So the Closed / Closing Stores are not just a steel book / Movies store in comparison to the other Stores ??
Nope. They sell EVERYTHING electronic related. TVs, Audio, Computer, iphone, ipad, movies, music....

Was any of these stores that got the Chop , Old , or declining stores ??
At the moment, it's hard to know why those... but of course, I'm sure it's related to their Gross profit at the end of year. By exemple, the Forum Future Shop in downtown Montreal, I'm sure it was doing well in sale, BUT the rent must have been INSANE since its location...

Is there been any Official statements made to employees ? as I know we have 2 FS employees on here ??
They learned it the HARDEST possible way... when trying to come to the store to work this morning at 7-8-9, the doors were closed with a STORE CLOSED sign on the front doors.
Terrible... :(

That's really sad to hear, mate. There is no equivalent here in SG, but I get a kick even seeing 1 or 2 steelbooks on the shelf of hundreds of blu-ray. Like a bud of mine say, it's like a kid going to Disneyland, always starry-eyed and excited, when I go to cd and dvd stores. Brick and mortar shops is really a dying concept.

Now we really need to rely on Mehdi's and your GBs even more!

Reactions: Drum18
Absolute BS !!

thanks for explanation Marc, that wont swallow to well with poor B#stards out of a Job now :(

You all may aswell , come and live with me now Guys , its the only safe place now EEK!

Awful news for employees and their families, but maybe those closures will help the company as a whole to survive. Better to take drastic measures than suffer insolvency and have the whole chain go under. I hope at least the remaining stores can be a little more secure now.

Sounds like it was very much a desperate last-minute decision though. It must have come as a terrible shock to staff :(