G.I.Joe: Retaliation - In theaters March 29, 2013

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
From IMDB:
The G.I. Joes are not only fighting their mortal enemy Cobra; they are forced to contend with threats from within the government that jeopardize their very existence.
With: Channing Tatum, The Rock; Bruce Willis, Ray Stevenson, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Park and more...

Trailer:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 278
Last edited by a moderator:

I wish that they would make a steelbook of this poster.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I'm so glad they're including Firefly (the saboteur) in this one. I can remember way back in the day (circa 20 - 25 years ago) in the old Battle: Action Force comic (the Joes were called Action Force BTW), Firefly was introduced and one of his first missions was destroying an SR71 Blackbird which was used quite effectively by Action Force for surveillance missions.

Last edited by a moderator:
March 29, 2013 may not even be a good date too because Stephenie Meyer's THE HOST is opening on the same day. I wonder if the Twilight fans are gonna be so dedicated that THE HOST will rake in more money than G.I. JOE 2. The Host actually sounds good because it's directed by Andrew Niccol (Gattaca, Lord of War).

I f*cking hate 3D. Anything to milk every last penny, eh, studios. What a shame they are doing this IMO. Full on trailers and marketing campaign in full force and then this ronka' donkey' sh!t to next year.

I like 3D film but even this sucks!

why bother pushing it back 9 MONTHS when the film is ready now!

it wasn't filmed in 3D, not intented to be shown in 3D.

Seems like we have new the REAL reasons why this has been pushed for 9 months:

From FirstShowing.net:
First of all, just so everyone knows, this kind of delay is a big deal. Mainly because a little over a month before release, big advertising campaigns were already starting on billboards, buses and TV, not to mention a slew of toys in warehouses, some already on shelves and other promotions kicking off, not to mention a Super Bowl ad from earlier this year. And now we know for sure that Paramount was neither proud nor confident in the film's ability to perform at the box office on a global scale after test scores following focus group screenings were "mediocre to bad." Those reshoots that Dwayne Johnson talked about shortly after the delay aren't just for 3D scenes, but they're intended to save the film in general. But how?

Well, apparently one of the bigger complaints from the focus group screenings was a plot point that was hinted at, and made pretty clear in the trailers: Channing Tatum's character Duke was going to be killed in the beginning of the film. Apparently audiences really liked the rapport between Roadblock (Johnson) and Duke, and had the rug swept out from under them when Tatum was killed off. The studio wasn't planning on Tatum becoming a bigger deal this year with 21 Jump Street and The Vow exceeding expectations. Now new scenes are being filmed that will likely make Duke a much more prominent character and survive the sequel, at least past the first ten minutes this time.

Of course, one of the other concerns involving Tatum's involvement in the film is somewhat amusing. That same weekend, Steven Soderbergh's male stripper movie Magic Mike, based on Tatum's real-life time spent as an exotic dancer, is hitting theaters and apparently the studio wasn't a fan of the action figure Channing Tatum competing with a shirtless, dancing Channing Tatum in the same weekend. So now we wait nine months, hope reshoots fix what sounds like a sub-par sequel, and maybe Paramount still has a fun action flick on their hands. Either way, the pressure is one for something to be salvaged from this mess, and hopefully it's not just international box office gross from 3D ticket prices.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocielz
that was a really crappy kept Secret, Tatum getting killed at the beginning of this one:( even the Trailers hinted at this. now were getting more of him because he's become more Popular? can you imagine 2 versions of this film? one where he dies and the other one where he lives, i hope they make both available:) i dont hate Tatum but to Reschedule the release just to add/keep alive his Character, seems crappy.

I think its a smart decision, but almost a whole year is way too much. I hate when trailers give away important details of the movie, example, Dreamhouse.