Release date: May 18th, 2015
Purchase link: Gangs of New York
Price: £16.99
Notes: Limited to 2,500 copies.

11037431-1419955988-793973.jpg

11037431-3864294026932124.JPG

11037431-6814294026924783.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW I am blown away. Received my copy today and it is STUNNING. Was really expecting another lacklustre Matt steel with dull screened colours and that pointless ridge through the picture. Nope this steelbook is beautiful. Ultra High gloss, gorgeous tones and colours, and no ridge or emboss.

If every steel book was done like this I'd be very very happy.

My only negative is the inner art is just a repeat of the front and back in black and white, but to be honest I'm happy to swallow that because the rest of it is so perfect.

A+ zavvi, more like THIS please

WOW I am blown away. Received my copy today and it is STUNNING. Was really expecting another lacklustre Matt steel with dull screened colours and that pointless ridge through the picture. Nope this steelbook is beautiful. Ultra High gloss, gorgeous tones and colours, and no ridge or emboss.

If every steel book was done like this I'd be very very happy.

My only negative is the inner art is just a repeat of the front and back in black and white, but to be honest I'm happy to swallow that because the rest of it is so perfect.

A+ zavvi, more like THIS please
That's very, very relieving to hear :) Could you show us any pictures?

Reactions: lgans316
I firmly believe that if Scorsese had lost 20-30 mins on the cutting room floor which he could well have done by minimising Cameron diazs screentime we'd be looking at a classic,as it is despite day lewis electrifying performance I think it has pacing issues. DDL should have got an Oscar though and but for the unpalatable violence in the aftermath of 9/11 I think he would have beaten out Adrien Brody in the Pianist.

Id like to have it but artwork is laaaazy, supergloss or not.
Maybe ill get it then i hits the bargainbin.

Nice! :thumbs: I thought this was gonna be a matte finish but am really pleased to see it's gloss. Love the artwork especially that flag on the back. Embossing the title would have been the finishing touch.

Reactions: blackbird81
Nice! :thumbs: I thought this was gonna be a matte finish but am really pleased to see it's gloss. Love the artwork especially that flag on the back. Embossing the title would have been the finishing touch.

me too,that flag looks brilliant,just not so keen on the boring front but hey ho if it hits a tenner i'll buy it as I don't own this on blu ray

I think the back looks great but the front and inside are a bit underwhelming. It doesn't help that both images used feature a flag, a bit more variation would have been nice.