Aug 4, 2012
Release date: September 29th, 2014
Purchase links:
Amazon UK
Base.com
Zavvi.com

Notes: Includes 22 page booklet

Looks like the next steel from Manga Entertainment has been confirmed:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/n...rtainment-confirms-one-piece-films-gits-arise

UPDATE: Confirmed on Twitter as a 2014 Release.

91mmu3zmxdl-_sx522_-jpg.97869

Attachments

• image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 324
  • 91Mmu3zmXdL._SX522_.jpg
    91Mmu3zmXdL._SX522_.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 2,362
Last edited by a moderator:
image-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Live tomorrow 13:00pm (UK Time)

That looks FAR better than I was expecting. Thanks for that - count me in for this one. Though is it only being sold through Zavvi? Seems odd.

Nice! May have to get this, so that I can have it sat next to my Ninja Scroll. Hopefully Amazon will have it too, as I wont if it a Zavvi exclusive.

Looks nice, but since this will be the 7th time for me to buy GiTS in one format or another, I am content to wait until it either takes a massive price drop or simply becomes rare and overprices itself even more.

I don't think any other anime has been made in as many formats and had as many special editions, upgrades, collector's editions etc. as this.
It's a good movie, don't get me wrong, but it's not something I can't live without so it needs to be bargain bin for me.

Not at £22.99. Got Akira and ninja scroll for £8 each. I want to know if this is exclusive to zavvi or not?

image-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Live tomorrow 1:00pm (UK Time)

ehhh i dunno ....i appreciate that its new art 4 uk, but a GITS release without Kusanagi on the front seems wrong :/

..btw, who exactly is that supposed 2 be? I thought i was well versed with the series but i'm kinda confused .... is that supposed to be the decot body that project-2501 hijacks to meet Kusanagi?

if so than epic fail cuz that cyber-body is female :ugh:

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

-EDIT-

wait wait wait... ....

...is that actually supposed 2 be Kusanagi?????? ....in the creation process tank from the beginning of the movie?

dear god .....in that case this art is nothing short of a being a TOTAL ABOMINATION :rofl::ass::rofl::BS::box::alien:

Mm nice. Fancied that art since I caught it being used on Japan's 2007 box but opted for the premium 1.0/2.0 set. Price is kinda steep though...will wait for a price-drop and hope it doesn't sell out!

my guts just told me that the market is very saturated for "ghost in a shell", and this will be priced 9.99 very soon (unless it turns out to be 2k limited or something). but then, when it eventually sells out, it might get very valuable. so my guessing is, it will go the way of "akira" (which i'm desperately hunting now for a reasonable price, i'm gutted i wasn't collecting steelbooks that much when it was 9.99)...

btw., not a big fan of this artwork, the "..IN THE.." triangle reminds me too much of the "U" rating logo.

Last edited:
Reactions: j4c0
I only have the DVD and the version 2 amaray so definately picking this one up!

One of my favorite movies.

Hope they release GITS 2 as well.

looks great to me. at least its different to the other GITS artwork you usually see.

not quite sure who that is on the cover though lol *SPOILER* maybe its the 'host' body the hacker uses ?

It's kinda difficult to explain but it's the character on the front is the Major, think about the opening credits carefully it's kind of a reflection of that. Maybe even her ghost who knows for sure either way I love it.

Well, still undecided on the artwork, but I'll be picking this up. Why? Because it's the most reasonably-priced way to get the original animation in hi def, and it comes in decent packaging to boot.

The Japanese box set is OOP, the amrays are ridiculously priced as well (plus the insane shipping cost from Japan). I can pick this up and buy the 2.0 cut for cheap, and still come out ahead.

So, has this been confirmed as the 1.0 release? Cuz I won't support that 2.0 trash if I don't have to.

wow cool
and now please fist of the north star and street fighter the animated movie and we all are happy :D

Don't forget the two Vampire Hunter D movies... And Gunbuster... And Spriggan... And Kite... And Dangaioh :thumbs:

Last edited:
The designer should be fired... worst cover ever - there are like millions better covers available online and they take "THIS"... :wtf: