Ghostbusters (2016) (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 21st, 2016 (TBC)
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live at 12 PM UK time, on Monday July 25, 2016)
Price: £23.99

ghost1.jpg

ghost2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't really like the artwork too much but in hand and full gloss it looks great, wasn't expecting a bonus disc so that was a nice surprise. there are some odd printed numbers on the bottom of the steelbook edge, don't know why they did that but I really like this release.. looking forward to watching it again in 3D:)

Can't believe I'm going to say this but I won't let a bad film play a negative judgement on a good steel..... I think this is my favourite WWA steel this year. That I can think of for now.
Especially opened as full to see the back, spine and front make the full picture

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
Can't believe I'm going to say this but I won't let a bad film play a negative judgement on a good steel..... I think this is my favourite WWA steel this year. That I can think of for now.
Especially opened as full to see the back, spine and front make the full picture

Lol.. I can't believe you just said that:OMG:;)

I must say I keep looking at both this and star trek(not ready to put them on the shelf yet lol), it's great when you get the steel through the post and it turns out to be worth every penny. they really did a great job on this, it's a beauty.. makes me feel like I have to hunt down the original steels with similar artwork if they are as good.. I do really like the original uk releases though. this film wasn't the best in the world but my friends said that they loved the movie where I was 50/50 on it and as much as I love melissa Mccarthy I find her films to be 50/50 on the laugh meter but still enjoyable and I think I'm gonna like this one more on my second viewing.. I think my expectations are occasionally too high.. and I didn't like the cameos in this film but knowing that this time going in I'm positive I'll enjoy it more:cigar:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Interesting you mention that because I actually have this due to the rare case that the steel is amazing and better than the film. Made that clear before that this is a one off buy because of the steel and I only buy the steels of films i like. 1 off this one.
So I have every intention of visting this thread

And origianlly I asked you a normal question but you made me laugh placing this comedy wise with Deadpool and nice guys.

Deadpool would shoot you

(Oh and I have every right to comment on here)

touched a nerve ?

why would fictional character shoot me for having an opinion you don't agree with.

you only asked me one question about the gloss. Then you made a general comment about the quality of the film- i.e. you started whatever this is .

I answered honestly , placing in context to my enjoyment of other comedy's this year. Which you then attacked .

Honestly no matter what you say it won't change my mind about this .

But if you want to tilt at windmills go ahead (well until a mod comes in and tells us to go to PM's )

(oh and I have every right to comment here)

Thanks.
Could you please check the tracks of both discs?

2D and 3D should get different tracks

Sorry I'm only looking at the J card at the moment and that's what it says for both (the extras disc only has English audio and English and Portuguese subs )

• Thanks
Reactions: Radagast
Thanks.
Could you please check the tracks of both discs?

2D and 3D should get different tracks

I'll check the discs

Bonus disc subs Audio in English
What's on the disc (probably been mentioned before)
Extended and alternate scenes
Meet the team
The ghosts of ghostbusters
Visual effects 30 years later
Chris Hemsworth as kevin
Jokes a plentphoto gallery

20161119_140331.jpg

20161119_140356.jpg

20161119_140410.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: bradipolpo
Lol.. I can't believe you just said that:OMG:;)

I must say I keep looking at both this and star trek(not ready to put them on the shelf yet lol), it's great when you get the steel through the post and it turns out to be worth every penny. they really did a great job on this, it's a beauty.. makes me feel like I have to hunt down the original steels with similar artwork if they are as good.. I do really like the original uk releases though. this film wasn't the best in the world but my friends said that they loved the movie where I was 50/50 on it and as much as I love melissa Mccarthy I find her films to be 50/50 on the laugh meter but still enjoyable and I think I'm gonna like this one more on my second viewing.. I think my expectations are occasionally too high.. and I didn't like the cameos in this film but knowing that this time going in I'm positive I'll enjoy it more:cigar:

Yeah both great steels, I don't mind McCarthy and I liked her in bridesmaids and st Vincent and I thought she was going to ruin it in this and be extremely annoying but it turned out to be the newbies who ruined it for me. I love wigg but she didn't do much in this film.

touched a nerve ?

why would fictional character shoot me for having an opinion you don't agree with.

you only asked me one question about the gloss. Then you made a general comment about the quality of the film- i.e. you started whatever this is .

I answered honestly , placing in context to my enjoyment of other comedy's this year. Which you then attacked .

Honestly no matter what you say it won't change my mind about this .

But if you want to tilt at windmills go ahead (well until a mod comes in and tells us to go to PM's )

(oh and I have every right to comment here)

Sorry I'm only looking at the J card at the moment and that's what it says for both (the extras disc only has English audio and English and Portuguese subs )

Lol nope, no nerve touched. I was p*ssing around with the Deadpool comment which clearly went over your head. Deadpool would hate this film. It's his character

again taking the Deadpool comment far too seriously

Hahaha I didn't attack you lol. you have good taste with mentioning nice guys and Deadpool and found it funny you placed this with them. But you took it straight to heart.

I'm not trying to change your mind. And I never said you didn't have a right to comment, it was you that made the comment to me about being in the thread before you even knew i had the steel.

Edit: just realised I put the comment about not commenting when that was a mistake, was just supposed to mention the original thing you said about visiting the thread etc etc etc

Last edited:
  • Thanks
3D disc

20161119_142457.jpg

20161119_142507.jpg

20161119_142637.jpg

20161119_142649.jpg

20161119_142708.jpg
:thumbs:

Really enjoying listening to the ghostbusters theme tune playing while I'm taking photos.. lol.. total geek:D

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bradipolpo
Yeah both great steels, I don't mind McCarthy and I liked her in bridesmaids and st Vincent and I thought she was going to ruin it in this and be extremely annoying but it turned out to be the newbies who ruined it for me. I love wigg but she didn't do much in this film.

I think its always really hard to get a remake or reboot to go over well so they definitely had that go against them before they even started and I felt the cameos were a wasted opportunity to do something..but until I watch this again I don't really know what I think more than my thoughts after seeing it at the cinema which was "it was an ok film" so without those first expectations of 'are they going to ruin this movie' or 'is this gonna be awesome' I think I'll enjoy it a lot more second time around.

I forgot she was in St. Vincent. I really enjoyed her sit com 'Mike and molly' but they cancelled it when she lost weight, they said she didn't fit the character anymore.. so stupid:confused:

I think its always really hard to get a remake or reboot to go over well so they definitely had that go against them before they even started and I felt the cameos were a wasted opportunity to do something..but until I watch this again I don't really know what I think more than my thoughts after seeing it at the cinema which was "it was an ok film" so without those first expectations of 'are they going to ruin this movie' or 'is this gonna be awesome' I think I'll enjoy it a lot more second time around.

I forgot she was in St. Vincent. I really enjoyed her sit com 'Mike and molly' but they cancelled it when she lost weight, they said she didn't fit the character anymore.. so stupid:confused:

There quite a few reboots and remakes I don't mind but yeah this was doomed from the start. I also found the villain a bit stupid in this. All of a sudden with what he does. Odd
The cameos were awful, I'm a Murray maniac and even his was annoying, then Ackroyd saying that sentance, weaver was pointless. Only decent and most natural cameo was ernie.

She's serious in st Vincent and she plays it well. And I find her hilarious in bridesmaids, also her character in hangover 3 and this is 40.

Really!? That's crazy! That's really bad. Is that the series with April from eastbound and down? If it is i didn't realise McCarthy was in it (i might be thinking of something else)

• Thanks
There quite a few reboots and remakes I don't mind but yeah this was doomed from the start. I also found the villain a bit stupid in this. All of a sudden with what he does. Odd
The cameos were awful, I'm a Murray maniac and even his was annoying, then Ackroyd saying that sentance, weaver was pointless. Only decent and most natural cameo was ernie.

She's serious in st Vincent and she plays it well. And I find her hilarious in bridesmaids, also her character in hangover 3 and this is 40.

Really!? That's crazy! That's really bad. Is that the series with April from eastbound and down? If it is i didn't realise McCarthy was in it (i might be thinking of something else)

It is crazy to cancel a show that was doing ok and in its 6th season just cos the main character lost some weight.. the show was about a couple who met at a weight loss group and yes their weight was a factor in the storyline but by the 6th season it wasn't really a part of the hook of the story anymore and no one would of cared the character lost weight. I haven't seen that film but you're right it is April from eastbound and down:thumbs: I've not watched hangover 3 since it came out and I don't remember her being in it so I'll check that out again:thumbs: for what i remember of it, she was very good in vincent:thumbs:

My favourite reboot has to be star trek, I think they did a perfect job with cast, characters and story.. I've watched them many times.

I felt the exact same about the cameos with this film..the friend I saw this film with was so excited when we left the cinema, saying how much he loved it and seeing the originals in it too and I told him that I thought it was a total wasted opportunity and if that was the best they could do then I would have preferred they not be in it at all.. I can't remember exactly what I said but I pretty much picked their cameos a part (I don't remember the film well enough now, but I felt bad cos my friend agreed with what I said and I think I killed his excitement for the film a bit:bag::bag::bag:) if on my second viewing I feel differently I'll apologise to my friend :emb:

I did what you said, I opened the steel, and looked at the continuous artwork and it does look great.. could definitely be a contender for steelbook of the year.
I'm really glad I got this, I'd cancelled my riginal order cos I felt £23.99 was too much for a film I was only 50/50 on but when it came back in stock (a while ago) and the code worked I ordered and am very happy I did. just watching the original ghostbusters now.. then the second and then I'll get to this:D

• Thanks
I canceled this because I don't have the Pop Art releases of the first 2 films
3D Blu-ray's I very rare watch and really only get if there are exclusive extras or the steelbook is only available in 3D

I ordered the other steelbook with magnet as that matches the first 2 previous films steelbooks in terms of artwork design

I also don't need 2 steelbooks of the same film especially this one it's not a classic :LOL:
I do get multiple steelbooks with other films but this it not a film I would consider double dipping on

If it drops in price to £9.99 or less and the other 2 pop art releases also drop in price to less than £9.99 or less I might end up ordering all 3 of them and then later go why I do that:rofl:

It is crazy to cancel a show that was doing ok and in its 6th season just cos the main character lost some weight.. the show was about a couple who met at a weight loss group and yes their weight was a factor in the storyline but by the 6th season it wasn't really a part of the hook of the story anymore and no one would of cared the character lost weight. I haven't seen that film but you're right it is April from eastbound and down:thumbs: I've not watched hangover 3 since it came out and I don't remember her being in it so I'll check that out again:thumbs: for what i remember of it, she was very good in vincent:thumbs:

My favourite reboot has to be star trek, I think they did a perfect job with cast, characters and story.. I've watched them many times.

I felt the exact same about the cameos with this film..the friend I saw this film with was so excited when we left the cinema, saying how much he loved it and seeing the originals in it too and I told him that I thought it was a total wasted opportunity and if that was the best they could do then I would have preferred they not be in it at all.. I can't remember exactly what I said but I pretty much picked their cameos a part (I don't remember the film well enough now, but I felt bad cos my friend agreed with what I said and I think I killed his excitement for the film a bit:bag::bag::bag:) if on my second viewing I feel differently I'll apologise to my friend :emb:

I did what you said, I opened the steel, and looked at the continuous artwork and it does look great.. could definitely be a contender for steelbook of the year.
I'm really glad I got this, I'd cancelled my riginal order cos I felt £23.99 was too much for a film I was only 50/50 on but when it came back in stock (a while ago) and the code worked I ordered and am very happy I did. just watching the original ghostbusters now.. then the second and then I'll get to this:D

Ah yes I have seen the odd episode here and there. Didn't realise the story was about them meeting at a weight watchers evening. Slightly ironic that she lost some weight and the show got cancelled. Kinda defeats the object of what the characters were trying to achieve.

East bound and down is one of my favourite American comedies. McBride is a comedy god to me lol and I fancy the hell out of April.
The show is up there with always sunny in Philadelphia, Rick and Morty and South Park for me (also love modern family)

She's only in 2 scenes in hangover 3 but she's quite funny.

I agree with Star Trek (although I wasn't a fan of into darkness - watchable like Thor 2 but not great IMO)
I was never a trek fan anyway but I do love the reboot and beyond.

Haha sometimes people don't see the truth straight away until someone spells it out or picks it apart. I was the same with the dark knight rises. I Was living in Birmingham at the time and went to see it with a bunch of work mates and we all loved it, when I moved back home quite a bit later I recommended it with my other mates to watch one night and I got abused, they also see it and hated it. They completely picked it apart and i understood so now I can't really watch that film because I agree with them.

Yeh it's a lovely steel when opened up. Defo my fav WWA but not my favourite in general. Kimchi have produced some of my favs WEA this year
Well I also didn't originally order because of how I felt about the film. Then I see pics and unboxing vids of the US version and thought it looked fantastic plus I wasn't sure how long it would stick around due to it being 3D and extended (and now a bonus disc) so I took the punt and also ordered when it came back with a code

• Thanks
Lol nope, no nerve touched. I was p*ssing around with the Deadpool comment which clearly went over your head. Deadpool would hate this film. It's his character

again taking the Deadpool comment far too seriously

Hahaha I didn't attack you lol. you have good taste with mentioning nice guys and Deadpool and found it funny you placed this with them. But you took it straight to heart.

I'm not trying to change your mind. And I never said you didn't have a right to comment, it was you that made the comment to me about being in the thread before you even knew i had the steel.

Edit: just realised I put the comment about not commenting when that was a mistake, was just supposed to mention the original thing you said about visiting the thread etc etc etc

Thanks very much for telling me what you meant and what went over my head. Much appreciated .

of course my comment (oh and I have every right to comment here) was taking the p*ss and obviously went over your head s well, so we're even there .

Though your Deadpool comment didn't go over my head, I just found it odd to be threatened with shooting (whether a good maiming or a head shot , who knows) by a fictional character for not agreeing with you.

Or why you believe a fictional character (who's opinion is surely a reflection of whoever is writing him at the time - I've only read the MAX books and both creators would like the film in question) would agree with you.

Though I can see why you used him as an example (to head off any further explanation of what I'm thinking)

But it is refreshing to hear from someone who disliked this film who actually watched it and can back up why they dislike it .

Enjoy your steel - it really is a beauty .

Ah yes I have seen the odd episode here and there. Didn't realise the story was about them meeting at a weight watchers evening. Slightly ironic that she lost some weight and the show got cancelled. Kinda defeats the object of what the characters were trying to achieve.

East bound and down is one of my favourite American comedies. McBride is a comedy god to me lol and I fancy the hell out of April.
The show is up there with always sunny in Philadelphia, Rick and Morty and South Park for me (also love modern family)

She's only in 2 scenes in hangover 3 but she's quite funny.

I agree with Star Trek (although I wasn't a fan of into darkness - watchable like Thor 2 but not great IMO)
I was never a trek fan anyway but I do love the reboot and beyond.

Haha sometimes people don't see the truth straight away until someone spells it out or picks it apart. I was the same with the dark knight rises. I Was living in Birmingham at the time and went to see it with a bunch of work mates and we all loved it, when I moved back home quite a bit later I recommended it with my other mates to watch one night and I got abused, they also see it and hated it. They completely picked it apart and i understood so now I can't really watch that film because I agree with them.

Yeh it's a lovely steel when opened up. Defo my fav WWA but not my favourite in general. Kimchi have produced some of my favs WEA this year
Well I also didn't originally order because of how I felt about the film. Then I see pics and unboxing vids of the US version and thought it looked fantastic plus I wasn't sure how long it would stick around due to it being 3D and extended (and now a bonus disc) so I took the punt and also ordered when it came back with a code

"Slightly ironic that she lost some weight and the show got cancelled. Kinda defeats the object of what the characters were trying to achieve."
That really made me laugh:rofl::thumbs:
So true, and they definitely could have written it into the script plus in real life after the weight loss she gained a bit back so it's definitely could've been written in.
I've not seen the film where she plays April, I'll have to check it out:thumbs: she plays melissa sister in Mike and molly and I find her pretty funny in that, she's always on something and not quite aware of her surroundings, up in the clouds somewhere. gonna miss the show now it's been cancelled.

I've liked all the star treks cos I find it quite rare that I really like an entire cast of characters and especially from a show I grew up watching where a reboot may not work for me.. I think I enjoyed the first 2 more than beyond but really love them all and it was really sad what happened to Antony Yelchin and of course Leonard Nimoy dying, so watching the third film had a sad undertone for me which might have changed the way I watched it if you know what I mean.

I didn't think much of the dark knight rises when I rented it but I still bought the steelbook as I had the first 2, but I've never watched it since renting it.. I wonder if it will be better 2nd time around.. or worse??

There have definitely been some great steels that have come out of Asia this year but as a no thrills steelbook on its own I think this one could be nominated in the best bare bones steelbook category .. I've still not voted yet so I'll have to look at what bare bones steelbook's I've bought this year to compare.. but whether or not it's in the running I really am happy with it.. had a good day with steelbook's today... then I looked in the Jason bourne uk steel thread and thought, you can't win 'em all:rofl:

• Thanks
"Slightly ironic that she lost some weight and the show got cancelled. Kinda defeats the object of what the characters were trying to achieve."
That really made me laugh:rofl::thumbs:
So true, and they definitely could have written it into the script plus in real life after the weight loss she gained a bit back so it's definitely could've been written in.
I've not seen the film where she plays April, I'll have to check it out:thumbs: she plays melissa sister in Mike and molly and I find her pretty funny in that, she's always on something and not quite aware of her surroundings, up in the clouds somewhere. gonna miss the show now it's been cancelled.

I've liked all the star treks cos I find it quite rare that I really like an entire cast of characters and especially from a show I grew up watching where a reboot may not work for me.. I think I enjoyed the first 2 more than beyond but really love them all and it was really sad what happened to Antony Yelchin and of course Leonard Nimoy dying, so watching the third film had a sad undertone for me which might have changed the way I watched it if you know what I mean.

I didn't think much of the dark knight rises when I rented it but I still bought the steelbook as I had the first 2, but I've never watched it since renting it.. I wonder if it will be better 2nd time around.. or worse??

There have definitely been some great steels that have come out of Asia this year but as a no thrills steelbook on its own I think this one could be nominated in the best bare bones steelbook category .. I've still not voted yet so I'll have to look at what bare bones steelbook's I've bought this year to compare.. but whether or not it's in the running I really am happy with it.. had a good day with steelbook's today... then I looked in the Jason bourne uk steel thread and thought, you can't win 'em all:rofl:

It's a tv show (comedy) where she plays April- Eastbound and down

Ha, sounds like a good character. I love her voice (among other things :happy:)

The cast does work really well in treks, yes very sad. I felt like that watching beyond but I think it worked the opposite way for me and found it nice to see him with them all in one of his last films. Also watched green room recentley and had the same feelings where it's one of his last films. He was always quite lovable. I liked him in fright night too.

Well after I see dark knight rises at the cinema and originally liking it I ordered the bat cowl Edtion. So I got that and then moved back home, then had a lesson in how bad it is and why lol so I went off it but I also still bought the steel to complete the Nolan trilogy on steel. There's still 2 or 3 scenes I find amazing but as a whole it was ruined by many things, mainly script.

Also not voted, I'm waiting for any that might come from uk or Asia toward the end of the year before I make my mind up. Think we have until mid Jan to put our nominations in.

Of the top of my head my fav barebones this year are this, mondo avengers, Star Trek beyond zoom lenti (if that still counts as barebones!?), hateful eight Hmv, Deadpool. Hunger games collection with lenti, it follows US version and batman the killing joke.
What I can think of now anyway

Defo a good day, hahaha I had to check out Bourne. It's awful lol

• Thanks
It's a tv show (comedy) where she plays April- Eastbound and down

Ha, sounds like a good character. I love her voice (among other things :happy:)

The cast does work really well in treks, yes very sad. I felt like that watching beyond but I think it worked the opposite way for me and found it nice to see him with them all in one of his last films. Also watched green room recentley and had the same feelings where it's one of his last films. He was always quite lovable. I liked him in fright night too.

Well after I see dark knight rises at the cinema and originally liking it I ordered the bat cowl Edtion. So I got that and then moved back home, then had a lesson in how bad it is and why lol so I went off it but I also still bought the steel to complete the Nolan trilogy on steel. There's still 2 or 3 scenes I find amazing but as a whole it was ruined by many things, mainly script.

Also not voted, I'm waiting for any that might come from uk or Asia toward the end of the year before I make my mind up. Think we have until mid Jan to put our nominations in.

Of the top of my head my fav barebones this year are this, mondo avengers, Star Trek beyond zoom lenti (if that still counts as barebones!?), hateful eight Hmv, Deadpool. Hunger games collection with lenti, it follows US version and batman the killing joke.
What I can think of now anyway

Defo a good day, hahaha I had to check out Bourne. It's awful lol
Thats a nice way of looking at it, I'll try and look at it that way when I watch it again, I may have if I didn't find out he'd died when the film started in the cinema, my friend poked me and said "it's such a shame the guy in this died" and I assumed he was talking about leonard but he said 'no the young guy but I don't know his name" then he pointed him out the first moment he was on screen so I think that's why I watched it with more sadness, if I'd know a while before it may have been different. I watch green room a couple of months ago, I didn't even recognise him straight off, it is good movie..also watched terminator salvation again the other day and totally forgot he played kyle, he was a good actor.

Keep meaning to watch the batman trilogy again cos I've been wondering if my initial reaction to rises was accurate or I just wasn't in the right mood for it 1st time round but after what you've said I may have been right.

Good picks for your favourite bare bones steels. . I only have a couple of them, deadpool is an awesome steelbook, that will definitely be on my nominations list.. shame about the film lol.. I know most people liked it but it got so overhyped I was quite underwhelmed when I saw it.. however I always give a film a second chance, as in the past I usually enjoy films far more on the second or third viewing.. some of my favourite films I was 50/50 on liking on first viewing so I don't trust myself till I've watched it at least twice.. 3rd times usually the charm. I'm watching ghostbusters 2 now then on to this one, I'm actually really looking forward to seeing it again.
View attachment 277413

They look very good together, im looking forward to the other UK steel version arriving to go with my original steel releases :)

They really do look great together:thumbs:
I was thinking about buying the first 2 when I received the new one today but then I looked at the original steels and as I really like them I decided I wouldn't buy more...

and now I've seen your pic and I want to buy them.. I have no will power :emb:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and thewoe
Anyone else receive this and the extended version with the magnet, only to realise the difference is the 3D disc on the zavvi exclusive?
Yes,the zavvi exclusive contains THE THEATRICAL AND EXTENDED CUTS OF THE FILM!!!
Thank you Sony...didn't realise the film cost you so much that you double up on the releases

I caught the reboot of the this film the other day and struggled to sit through it. The original Ghostbusters was OK but this was tedium. Another example of why reboots in general should be avoided..