Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 21, 2016
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zoom
Price: £20.99 (Amazon) - £20.00 (Zoom)
Note: Includes magnet

81i5Z0BRVrL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine today, not the greatest fan of the film but the completist in me had to get it. I think that it looks great alongside the real two films ;)

View attachment 276966 View attachment 276967

Thanks for the pics. I own those Steels of the originals and was curious what they looked like together.
Now if only they'd made a film that looks great alongside the real two films ;)
Genuinely cant decide if this or BvS: DoJ was my most hated film of the year.

Cant blame ya on completing the set tho buddy. Personally I've no desire to ever watch this again, but then again own all The Terminator films on Steel. And I absolutely despise the last few.

Got mine, really nice steelbook, lovely finish and looks great next to the other two on the shelf. The magnet however...what on earth were they thinking?! I assumed it would be done in the same vein as the Game of Thrones steels with the delicate and beautifully designed resin sigils, and it would sit in a debossed area on the front.

So when I opened this and found it's a giant super thick rubber magnet (think a giant fridge magnet for kids) i was a bit shocked. It just feels a bit pointless I guess. Not knocking the steelbook itself, that's lush, but for the price of including the magnet I woulda rather had the 3D disc. Went for this one as the other ones artwork (with the 3D disc) just isn't my cup of tea.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: virkia
i bought this today in HMV. it has a nice big magnet on it. the guy in the store said it was rare as they only had 2 delivered to the store. i got the last one

• Helpful Post
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Looks OK with the previous 2 - which look much better than the new one (particularly the back art) - and it's a toss-up as to which is the "better" set but the Project Pop Art set wins if for me personally because of:-
a) the more original artwork on all three by the same renowned artist (Dan Mumford).
and
b) for the 3D disc in the 2016 edition.
and
c) for the re-mastered disc for the original film (original steel contain the less than perfect PQ 2009 discs)

That being said both sets are Gold Medal winners :thumbs::thumbs:

Both steelbook collections casually compared.
II
V
Original design steelbooks:-
GHOSTBUSTERS 1
GHOSTBUSTERS-I-0-1024x663.jpg
GHOSTBUSTERS-I-a-1024x663.jpg

GHOSTBUSTERS 2

. . . and GHOSTBUSTERS 2016
upload_2016-11-22_14-38-56.png

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
New Project Pop Art steelbooks
GHOSTBUSTERS 1:-

GHOSTBUSTERS 2:-

GHOSTBUSTERS 2016

NB. INSIDE ARTWORK on the 2016 steelbook is as pictured BUT number of discs / disc hubs is DIFFERENT in the U.K. edition

Last edited:
Reactions: robbodoc
Looks OK with the previous 2 - which look much better than the new one (particularly the back art) - and it's a toss-up as to which is the "better" set but the Project Pop Art set wins if for me personally because of:-
a) the more original artwork on all three by the same renowned artist (Dan Mumford).
and
b) for the 3D disc in the 2016 edition.
and
c) for the re-mastered discs for the original two films (original steels contain the less than perfect PQ 2009 discs)

That being said both sets are Gold Medal winners :thumbs::thumbs:

Both steelbook collections casually compared.
II
V
Original design steelbooks:-
GHOSTBUSTERS 1
GHOSTBUSTERS-I-0-1024x663.jpg
GHOSTBUSTERS-I-a-1024x663.jpg

GHOSTBUSTERS 2

. . . and GHOSTBUSTERS 2016
View attachment 277841
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
New Project Pop Art steelbooks
GHOSTBUSTERS 1:-

GHOSTBUSTERS 2:-

GHOSTBUSTERS 2016

NB. INSIDE ARTWORK on the 2016 steelbook is as pictured BUT number of discs / disc hubs is DIFFERENT in the U.K. edition
Ghostbusters II Steelbook from Zavvi released in September 2014 is 4K remastered version and includes the new extras

Last edited:
That makes sense. Post edited.

P.S. Available also from HMV
http://store.hmv.com/film-tv/steelbooks/ghostbusters-(4)

Actually warming to this release and good to see that the logo is on the steelbook front under the clunky rubbery (?) magnet and that the logo looks to be embossed (?) instead of how it was *pictured and previously described:-

Images courtesy of another site
Ghostbusters-2016-steelbook-9.gif
Ghostbusters-2016-steelbook-10.jpg
Ghostbusters-2016-steelbook-11.jpg

* Previous image
Ghostbusters-steelbook-UK-2016.png

Last edited:
Just ordered this today along with HOMECOMING w/ magnet (from Zoom) and wondering if these are the only two steelbooks around with detachable magnets (not including lenticulars, of course) ?

sorry to bup this one up but i always wanted to buy this steelbook for the special package but not at the price they were asking at release so i waited until i just forgot about it, until a few days back when zavvi had this and the mermaid both for 15 pounds so it was not a brainier to pull the trigger on it, i thought the magnet was something like game of thrones but i can live with it, for 10 bucks i wont have a cow lol

• Haha
Reactions: purplebook
sorry to bup this one up but i always wanted to buy this steelbook for the special package but not at the price they were asking at release so i waited until i just forgot about it, until a few days back when zavvi had this and the mermaid both for 15 pounds so it was not a brainier to pull the trigger on it, i thought the magnet was something like game of thrones but i can live with it, for 10 bucks i wont have a cow lol
Zoom have it for £8.99 here

*Edit*
Sorry, HAD it. Looks like it's out of stock now again.