Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 21, 2016
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zoom
Price: £20.99 (Amazon) - £20.00 (Zoom)
Note: Includes magnet

81i5Z0BRVrL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The endless steams of people repeating how much of a bad film as they put it seems unnecessary did we not go through this in the film thread then the first steelbook thread do we need it repeated again. Yes a lot of people didn't like it and it didn't do so great at the box office but some people did like it and do want to buy the steelbooks. For me if everyone in the world hated a film but I loved it, that is all that matters to me.

Just can't decide whether to get 3D or extended steelbook

It is pretty weird. One needs a Sociology major to study the effects of the Ghostbusters reboot on the human brain. Because no movie has quite elicited this type of hate. Most of it originates from before the movie's release, as it was the "most hated" trailer on YouTube of all time (it's at over 1,000,000 dislikes). And the strange thing in all of this, is that the movie got pretty solid reviews. It sits at 73 % on Rotten Tomatoes, which is better than most of the major summer blockbuster movies. I have not seen this movie, but I do find the intense hatred towards it fascinating in a weird way.

Reactions: Flash
It's a shame that people didn't like but there are a lot of people who did and this constant bashing, do people think it's going to change others opinion and if enough people say it's terrible then none will buy it and they will feel better.
If the film was terrible fine, I was concerned when I first heard and was very worried it would be a piss take of my beloved ghostbusters but I went and I've seen the film twice now and it's really good and can't wait to see it again when the steelbook comes out.
I have in the past made the mistake like many of us saying I hated it so that makes a film terrible but the more time has gone on I realise yes I thought a film was terrible doesn't make it so or a film I thought was good doesn't make it brilliant it's all a matter of opinion.
For me it's lovely in 2016 that women could be Ghostbusters when I first saw the original ghostbusters I wouldn't have dreamed it possible but so many years later it's just a shame that simply four women being the leads is still such an issue (people can complain all they want it's not that they are women but it really has been a issue, embarrassingly so) so much so that sick people felt the need to abuse the cast so severely online for simply making a fun film that really made me smile and forget things for a few hours and for me that's all that matters. Is it the best film ever of course not but I really liked it. The people who haven't even seen it are the worst slating it so badly when if they just tried it and stopped being so silly and stubborn they might even enjoy it and the ones saying they didn't like it but are still buying it are the ones that really puzzle me.

I wish zoom would post a picture of this actual steelbook so people who DO WANT to buy these may decide which to get.

It's a shame that people didn't like but there are a lot of people who did and this constant bashing, do people think it's going to change others opinion and if enough people say it's terrible then none will buy it and they will feel better.
If the film was terrible fine, I was concerned when I first heard and was very worried it would be a piss take of my beloved ghostbusters but I went and I've seen the film twice now and it's really good and can't wait to see it again when the steelbook comes out.
I have in the past made the mistake like many of us saying I hated it so that makes a film terrible but the more time has gone on I realise yes I thought a film was terrible doesn't make it so or a film I thought was good doesn't make it brilliant it's all a matter of opinion.
For me it's lovely in 2016 that women could be Ghostbusters when I first saw the original ghostbusters I wouldn't have dreamed it possible but so many years later it's just a shame that simply four women being the leads is still such an issue (people can complain all they want it's not that they are women but it really has been a issue, embarrassingly so) so much so that sick people felt the need to abuse the cast so severely online for simply making a fun film that really made me smile and forget things for a few hours and for me that's all that matters. Is it the best film ever of course not but I really liked it. The people who haven't even seen it are the worst slating it so badly when if they just tried it and stopped being so silly and stubborn they might even enjoy it and the ones saying they didn't like it but are still buying it are the ones that really puzzle me.

I wish zoom would post a picture of this actual steelbook so people who DO WANT to buy these may decide which to get.

I won't comment on people hating a film and talking about it on the forum cos it doesn't make any impact on whether I like a film or not.. but sometimes when people say negative things about a film that usually helps me appreciate the good qualities of a film.. I'm the other way around, when people rave about how amazing a film is though, I'm usally disappointed(to a degree), most recently deadpool, I've watched it once and didn't understand the hype but it was an ok film, I'll probably enjoy it so much more the second time around.

I did enjoy this remake, I love melissa and I would definitely watch a sequel if they make one.. of course nothing compares to the original (which is a favourite for anyone growing up in the 80's, and anyone who's into 80's movies) but I didn't watch this film with any comparison to the original, it's a totally different film and having female leads this time around is awesome.. we need more of the same.

I'm curious though if a lot more guys would have liked this film if different actresses had been cast... like
99c27f92ca8074b348d9eab9dfb4df9c.jpg

For instance???just wondering if that would have made a difference at all:naughty::rofl:

I was really happy with the cast, I felt the film could have been better but it was pretty good and I've got an order for the zavvi 3D steel.. I probably would have gone with this steel but without the 3D:wacky::confused: I'm staying with zavvi for the moment.. but like you say, I hope we get some more info on this one soon:thumbs:

I won't comment on people hating a film and talking about it on the forum cos it doesn't make any impact on whether I like a film or not.. but sometimes when people say negative things about a film that usually helps me appreciate the good qualities of a film.. I'm the other way around, when people rave about how amazing a film is though, I'm usally disappointed(to a degree), most recently deadpool, I've watched it once and didn't understand the hype but it was an ok film, I'll probably enjoy it so much more the second time around.

I did enjoy this remake, I love melissa and I would definitely watch a sequel if they make one.. of course nothing compares to the original (which is a favourite for anyone growing up in the 80's, and anyone who's into 80's movies) but I didn't watch this film with any comparison to the original, it's a totally different film and having female leads this time around is awesome.. we need more of the same.

I'm curious though if a lot more guys would have liked this film if different actresses had been cast... like
View attachment 268713
For instance???just wondering if that would have made a difference at all:naughty::rofl:

I was really happy with the cast, I felt the film could have been better but it was pretty good and I've got an order for the zavvi 3D steel.. I probably would have gone with this steel but without the 3D:wacky::confused: I'm staying with zavvi for the moment.. but like you say, I hope we get some more info on this one soon:thumbs:

I don't think the cast in particular has anything to do with it, I think its just that instead of it being the original lineup making a third movie, it was 4 women "replacing" our beloved Ghostbusters. Scarlett wouldn't have worked for it, sure she can be funny but they needed a cast with comedic chops. They took the formula that the 1984 movie had, Bill Murray & Dan Aykroyd were SNL cast members, as were Leslie Jones, Kristin Wiig & Kate McKinnon (McKinnon for me stole the show.)

I really enjoyed this movie, despite not being all that stoked on it after the trailer came out. I hope to god they make a sequel, I hope this does well enough on home video to warrant one. I've preordered both the Zavvi steelbook & the 4K bluray & can't wait to watch them again. Just a pity it won't be out here before Halloween as it would join Ghostbusters & Ghostbusters 2 in my Halloween movie watching marathon.

Sure, the movie wasn't perfect & admittedly it will never live up to the original Ghostbusters (which is a top five favorite movie of mine.) But here's the thing - it doesn't have to. The original Ghostbusters still exists & is still as funny & quotable as it ever was. The 2016 Ghostbusters does nothing to effect the original, it doesn't tarnish it or make it any less than its always been. It stands on its own. If you didn't like it, cool, ignore that it ever happened & continue your life as normal watching the original (& Ghostbusters 2, if you like.) If you liked it, thats cool too. We exist in a world where its ok to like something that someone else didn't & vice versa.

(Apologies for the rant!)

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk

View attachment 268713

Well said @chunk and you may have hit the nail on the head there, had it been like Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johanson, Jessica Biel and Eva Green would there had been so many complaints...I think not... lol

I think the cast was brilliant and beautiful yes they may not be supermodels but they gave great performances in my opinion.

• Thanks
L
Well said @chunk and you may have hit the nail on the head there, had it been like Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johanson, Jessica Biel and Eva Green would there had been so many complaints...I think not... lol

I think the cast was brilliant and beautiful yes they may not be supermodels but they gave great performances in my opinion.
Lol :rofl: I was making a joke but it's probably true for a few people:naughty: I always see people commenting on "spot glossing" their own steelbook's when there's a female they like on the front cover. I honestly have no idea which actresses guys are into so I could only think of one name:emb: thanks for helping me out hehe:thumbs:

L

Lol :rofl: I was making a joke but it's probably true for a few people:naughty: I always see people commenting on "spot glossing" their own steelbook's when there's a female they like on the front cover. I honestly have no idea which actresses guys are into so I could only think of one name:emb: thanks for helping me out hehe:thumbs:

I don't have a clue either just randomly named some people and thinking about it that would have been a cool quartet, think it would have been a very different film lol

I think the new cast that were chosen, they fitted better like with the original film the original cast weren't male models either (although always had huge crush on Bill Murray :drool:)

• Thanks
I don't think the cast in particular has anything to do with it, I think its just that instead of it being the original lineup making a third movie, it was 4 women "replacing" our beloved Ghostbusters. Scarlett wouldn't have worked for it, sure she can be funny but they needed a cast with comedic chops. They took the formula that the 1984 movie had, Bill Murray & Dan Aykroyd were SNL cast members, as were Leslie Jones, Kristin Wiig & Kate McKinnon (McKinnon for me stole the show.)

I really enjoyed this movie, despite not being all that stoked on it after the trailer came out. I hope to god they make a sequel, I hope this does well enough on home video to warrant one. I've preordered both the Zavvi steelbook & the 4K bluray & can't wait to watch them again. Just a pity it won't be out here before Halloween as it would join Ghostbusters & Ghostbusters 2 in my Halloween movie watching marathon.

Sure, the movie wasn't perfect & admittedly it will never live up to the original Ghostbusters (which is a top five favorite movie of mine.) But here's the thing - it doesn't have to. The original Ghostbusters still exists & is still as funny & quotable as it ever was. The 2016 Ghostbusters does nothing to effect the original, it doesn't tarnish it or make it any less than its always been. It stands on its own. If you didn't like it, cool, ignore that it ever happened & continue your life as normal watching the original (& Ghostbusters 2, if you like.) If you liked it, thats cool too. We exist in a world where its ok to like something that someone else didn't & vice versa.

(Apologies for the rant!)

I'm the same, I can enjoy remakes for what they are too, nothing will ever beat the original but that doesn't stop anyone being able to completely enjoy a new take on an old fav, or reboot or whatever.. the originals will always be special to us and we'll still be watching the original Ghostbusters when we're in our 90's:thumbs: but I can definitely enjoy remakes, reimaginings etc, this 2016 GB made me laugh out loud and I can honestly say that not many comedies in the last 15 years have done that so I definitely give it a thumbs up:cigar: I'm an 80's girl at heart so for me, nothing beats that.. but I love movies.. so they can remake what they like, and if I enjoy it.. I'll buy it:happy:

I'm the same, I can enjoy remakes for what they are too, nothing will ever beat the original but that doesn't stop anyone being able to completely enjoy a new take on an old fav, or reboot or whatever.. the originals will always be special to us and we'll still be watching the original Ghostbusters when we're in our 90's:thumbs: but I can definitely enjoy remakes, reimaginings etc, this 2016 GB made me laugh out loud and I can honestly say that not many comedies in the last 15 years have done that so I definitely give it a thumbs up:cigar: I'm an 80's girl at heart so for me, nothing beats that.. but I love movies.. so they can remake what they like, and if I enjoy it.. I'll buy it:happy:

Totally agree, it doesn't take over the original or tarnish it as some sad people have said. I am just happy when characters I love can live on decades later which is why I love the new Doctor Who and Star Trek, it's great new generations can enjoy stuff we all enjoyed when we were younger.

• Thanks
I don't have a clue either just randomly named some people and thinking about it that would have been a cool quartet, think it would have been a very different film lol

I think the new cast that were chosen, they fitted better like with the original film the original cast weren't male models either (although always had huge crush on Bill Murray :drool:)

Lol, I didn't even know who two if the actresses were you mentioned, I'd probably know them by sight just not by name.. I usually need picture cards so I can follow a conversation so there's nothing new there:bag::LOL:

That's very true about the original cast, they definitely did a great match in that regard:thumbs:
so bill Murray ;);) I was too busy always watching ...
sigourney-weaver-in-ghostbusters-1984-large-picture.jpg
:rofl:

I am just happy when characters I love can live on decades later which is why I love the new Doctor Who and Star Trek, it's great new generations can enjoy stuff we all enjoyed when we were younger.

I haven't watched doctor who since I was very young, about 5 I think but it's still a massive hit today.. star trek I've watched and loved since I was very young and when they made the 2009 reboot I wasn't that interested, I wasn't avoiding it either I just never rented or bought the movie for a few years after it came out, when I did finally watch it I honestly could not have enjoyed it more, I absolutely love the new films and I think it's great we get to enjoy seeing kirk, spock etc starting out again, I loved that Leonard Nimoy was in them playing himself too, I have to say that was one thing I didn't like in the new ghostbusters, I felt like the old cast randomly turning up throughout the film was a wasted opportunity and they could have written something much better for them(and funnier) but I'll have to see if I still have that opinion on my second viewing, just cos I didn't feel it worked well on my first viewing doesn't mean I'll feel the same the next time I watch it.

I haven't watched doctor who since I was very young, about 5 I think but it's still a massive hit today.. star trek I've watched and loved since I was very young and when they made the 2009 reboot I wasn't that interested, I wasn't avoiding it either I just never rented or bought the movie for a few years after it came out, when I did finally watch it I honestly could not have enjoyed it more, I absolutely love the new films and I think it's great we get to enjoy seeing kirk, spock etc starting out again, I loved that Leonard Nimoy was in them playing himself too, I have to say that was one thing I didn't like in the new ghostbusters, I felt like the old cast randomly turning up throughout the film was a wasted opportunity and they could have written something much better for them(and funnier) but I'll have to see if I still have that opinion on my second viewing, just cos I didn't feel it worked well on my first viewing doesn't mean I'll feel the same the next time I watch it.

Totally agree I mean when I first saw that scene in the first new Star Trek with Leonard Nimoy and Chris Pine I had tears in my eyes lovely moment.

I felt similar feelings when watching this new Ghostbusters I loved the old cast cameos and hearing the music, same heart tugs, loved it.

• Thanks
Totally agree I mean when I first saw that scene in the first new Star Trek with Leonard Nimoy and Chris Pine I had tears in my eyes lovely moment.

I felt similar feelings when watching this new Ghostbusters I loved the old cast cameos and hearing the music, same heart tugs, loved it.

I was full on crying in beyond.. so sad, and in the big bang theory when they dedicated the episode to him, actors and films we've loved over our life times definitely pull at the heart strings.
It was good when the ghostbusters theme came on during the new film, my friend got so excited I thought he was gonna jump out of his seat and start dancing:rofl: I'm not kidding, can't take him anywhere:naughty:

If you have the original two then at least the spine of the new one will match . . . not . . . (not that those original spines matched anyway).

New spine compared to spines of previous two / title on front ?
upload_2016-10-2_23-48-0.png

upload_2016-10-2_23-49-55.png

Would at lest hope for a TITLE ON THE FRONT like the other two (plenty of room for a title on this new steelbook!) plus some additions information to differentiate it from the original if only the new cast members above it or, to put the cat among the pigeons, a picture spine with thumbnails of the new ghostbusters (just joking).
upload_2016-10-2_23-57-10.png
upload_2016-10-2_23-58-53.png

Anyway, a brief rundown of some of the "Ghostbuster " posters 1984-2016

Last edited:
The zavvi art is much better than this (just see a pic of it in the last steelbook purchase thread) but granted the front matches the original 2 non pop art.

Pointless having the logo like that on front and back even if it is supposed to be a patch on a arm. Looks odd