Godzilla (2014) (3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Dec 12, 2012
Croxley, London
Release date: October 27, 2014
Purchase link: In-store only - £21.99
HDN Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus or Masterblaster< click on name(s)

10352096_10154381974770640_2292863100407725865_n.jpg

Just announced via their Facebook page!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kanji! That's what I meant :emb:

Some were worse than others. It is tiny - can't argue. I went all OCD crazy! I could smell the cellophane I was looking so closely! :hilarious:

The amount they will damage with those pin tags is frustrating :mad:

God awful art same as NA release. According to my mate at my local store, they have 2 large cardboard boxes out back full of them. Same mass produced rubbish as Man Of Steel 3D steel. Expect this to be a tenner by Boxing Day same as MoS.

For such a big film this art is just embarrassing.

Waiting on the Blufans WEA version, that will be the one to get.

Indeed. I was given a different story in Oxford Street, where they said that pre-ordering a title guarantees that there will be a copy put aside waiting for you to pick up whenever it is convenient for you, even if that is several weeks later. That was important to me as I sometimes spend several weeks out of the country on business, so may miss a sell-out new release entirely otherwise. Hopefully, they will be true to their word and this will be waiting for me for when I return from my latest trip next week...

I was told the same, as I asked when I bought Edge Of Tomorrow as I'm on holiday and won't be able to pick it up until next week.

I'll find out whether they kept their word then!!

I went to HMV. There was a Godzilla Roar, but only after I got back to the car and noticed the copies I was given had the same defect and scratched cellophane :mad:

And what the hell are the "face hugger" security tags all about, along with the thick security tag!! :angry; Check out the pic below..... Excuse the blurred image, I shake when I ROAR!! :hilarious:

View attachment 110876

After insisting I was provided with two copies fresh out back (not tagged) Someone finally figured out I was not moving until they did so ;)

I checked 17 copies in a row and all had the same small defect - a small paint chip on the logo below the Godzilla title. I think the photos from CasuallyDressed show it. I finally found two copies..... and I was gone :LOL: HMV exclusive sticker in tow ;) My damn OCD monster went nuts today :facepalm:

This is why I always fear the HMV "2 for £25" I much prefer going in at launch, meaning less "shelf time" for the steel :thumbs:

@bloodsnake007 A pic of the slip below Amigo, nothing special, maybe wait till it drops down to £7 or something :thumbs:

View attachment 110877
@PKAVFC EPIC fu**ing post!!! :notworthy: :hilarious:

PABLO ROAR!!!
godzilla_gif-gif.107567

You went through 17 different Editions!? :jawdrop: :woot: F**K YEAH! :notworthy: I bow to you! Never settle for less, especially when it comes to GODZILLA! :cool:

You have DONE very well today, I'm very PROUD of you my Amigo! :thumbs: Never be afraid or ashamed to unleash that OCD monster! :D LOL! :p

Reactions: PKAVFC and harry
Reading some of the comments on here it sounds like most of the HMV's just put the steelbook on the shelf. My nearest HMV in Bury puts a display copy out for new release steelbooks and you take that to the counter and they keep all the real copies behind the till. Does nobody else's nearest HMV do that?

Reactions: PKAVFC
Reading some of the comments on here it sounds like most of the HMV's just put the steelbook on the shelf. My nearest HMV in Bury puts a display copy out for new release steelbooks and you take that to the counter and they keep all the real copies behind the till. Does nobody else's nearest HMV do that?

ipswich does exactly the same keep one out with the tag on, take it to the till and they give you one from behind the counter.

The one in Stoke does that, but I went to Merry Hill yesterday. Not the best HMV to deal with. This is an exclusive to their company, yet the staff just really didn't give a damn about how they were storing and displaying these steelbooks.

I could tell the manager was not happy at my persistence, but I really didn't care. :thumbs: I wanted the best copies I could get, so sometimes you have to make that happen yourself! :)

God awful art same as NA release. According to my mate at my local store, they have 2 large cardboard boxes out back full of them. Same mass produced rubbish as Man Of Steel 3D steel. Expect this to be a tenner by Boxing Day same as MoS.

For such a big film this art is just embarrassing.

Waiting on the Blufans WEA version, that will be the one to get.
But the finishing is better than the NA release and pricing wise this is the cheapest amongst all the 3D Steelbook editions of this film

But the finishing is better than the NA release and pricing wise this is the cheapest amongst all the 3D Steelbook editions of this film

Finishing might be better, but the art sucks! Price doesn't bother me, I'd rather pay more for a better version. The bad finishing isn't a surprise, Futureshops finishing so far this year has been bad, both Godzilla and Capt 2 were shockingly cheap looking steels that I sold on the day they arrived.

Reactions: lgans316 and PKAVFC
I think this steelbook looks much better in hand. I actually really like it and I wasn't liking the mock up.

Finally managed to get to HMV to pick up my pre-order. In perfect condition :).
I've gotta say, out of all my pre-orders, (HMV & Zavvi), this was the one I was the least excited about but now i've got it in person I actually love it! I think its not as dark as I was expecting & looks alot nicer in hand than in pictures! VERY happy :D!

A ploy to get people to think 3D discs are more premium I think ;)
Many of my older Disney double plays had boring silver/grey art for DVD and art on the Blu Rays. Just the way of the business...

I was told the same, as I asked when I bought Edge Of Tomorrow as I'm on holiday and won't be able to pick it up until next week.

I'll find out whether they kept their word then!!

Well, they did in my case. Picked up my copy yesterday, one week after release, and it was still put to one side waiting for me. Looked like there were still quite a few to be collected as well.

Well, they did in my case. Picked up my copy yesterday, one week after release, and it was still put to one side waiting for me. Looked like there were still quite a few to be collected as well.

I picked up mine yesterday, so they did hold it for me. must admit I didn't check whether there were any out