Purchase from the Hi-Def Ninja store: Full slip - Lenticular
Price: $63 (Full Slip) - $65 (Lenti)
Notes: 1000 of each

121548zn88bzwvuuknjyuw.jpg

image.jpg
121546rdwbfzzfs9kzw46m.gif
1-jpg.108465

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, I buy all Blufans releases to have a complete set.
Secondly, this is the steelbook not the slip, so hope that will be fantastic.
I keep 'em sealed so the slip is what's the most important to me.
It could be a picture of **** on the cover but if it's Blufans, then it's going to be in my collection... just sayin'

It could be a picture of **** on the cover but if it's Blufans, then it's going to be in my collection... just sayin'

I say this respectfully, but you are part of the problem.

BluFans needs to step up their game. High gloss finish, no endless delays, and no contrived excuses to justify less than was originally promised: for the premium prices BluFans demands, all that should be the rule (plus, less predictable releases would be nice, too, but that's just me).

When you compare to PlainArchive (which looks to have another stunner with ZD30) : they have had no misses, they deliver what they advertise, they communicate efficiently, once you pay you don't face months of waiting,... and they never blame Scanavo / Denmark for some faulty finish or the studios for rejecting artwork.

Last edited:
Blufans has no idea that I feel this way, so, I don't think you have to worry about them slacking off because I will still buy them no matter how they look.
I don't want to start an argument so please take this as non confrontational.... I feel Blufans is pretty transparent with the problems that have caused delays.
Things do happen.
I'm going to leave it at that and hope for the best

BluFans needs to step up their game. High gloss finish, no endless delays, and no contrived excuses to justify less than was originally promised: for the premium prices BluFans demands, all that should be the rule (plus, less predictable releases would be nice, too, but that's just me).

When you compare to PlainArchive (which looks to have another stunner with ZD30) : they have had no misses, they deliver what they advertise, they communicate efficiently, once you pay you don't face months of waiting,... and they never blame Scanavo / Denmark for some faulty finish or the studios for rejecting artwork.
Excellent post! :thumbs:

Reactions: djjez83 and Bunk

In PA, your also talking about a company that has only had their own releases and website for almost exactly a year, just a guess, maybe a little less.
I don't think your factoring in the difference in the type of Titles these two companies have been releasing: Do you really think it is as difficult to come up with original designs and gets licensing for more interesting art and designs for: I Saw The Devil, The Master, Melancholina, and Rust and Bone vs Frozen, Marvel Phase 1, and Wall-E. I'm not sure comparing these two companies is really fair. PA has yet to do a release for any movie with a real top box office draw compared to what Blufans has released in the past year, so until then I think they PA are sort of in there own category. They release mostly foreign and smaller budget catalog releases. I'm sure a lot of people will rain down the hate after this post because this site loves PA. I think for what they are PA does an amazing job but comparing PA & BF is like Apples and Oranges. Just a thought, I never claimed to be an expert.

Reactions: Hella and Cash
I said before I liked and disliked it at the same time. I don't mind the front side, and while I understand the back matches the front because they're both faces, I just don't think Clooney is needed on there at all. He isn't really a pivotal enough character to warrant being on there. I know he's the only other character, but even still. If maybe it was her face on the front and the back had her in the middle of space like any of the previous images or ones posted above by others, that would be better in my opinion. I think the matching faces would work best as the interior art if anything though. So I'm still on the fence with this one. I don't think it looks bad, just not my preference.

You may hate some of these but these are like Necessary evil [emoji6]

Lets remember that Blufans are the trend setters. So they will always have a special place and a bias from their customers no matter how bad their product or the experience is.

BTW, I will grab this as the artwork and the overall package is way better than what we have now.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobberino and harry
PA has yet to do a release for any movie with a real top box office draw compared to what Blufans has released in the past year, so until then I think they PA are sort of in there own category.

Nobody is forcing Blufans to release the top 10 grossing box office films every year, they do it simply because they know this is safe money for them. They are yet to take a single risk with a film choice as far as I'm concerned so we shouldn't feel sorry for them having trouble with art or licensing - this is their own choice.

Reactions: snooloui
For those complaining that the revised artwork for "Gravity" is not as good as that originally proposed, the blame must surely lay with Warner who, for some reason known only to themselves, weren't prepared to approve it.

Warner have form for this. Film Arena cancelled their 'FA Collection' edition of "Interstellar" because they couldn't get approval from Warner for their proposed artwork, and that was artwork for the Full Slip not the Steelbook itself!

Unfortunately, all of the major international studios are very controlling when it comes to the artwork on their releases.

Here, it was clearly a case of Blufans either going with what Warner were prepared to approve or cancelling the release altogether.

If it is difficult to get artwork approved then simply wait until it is approved before announcing the title. The worst thing to do is to reveal unapproved artwork or promise WEA that you can't deliver which is exactly what Blufans have done on a number of occasions now.