Guardians of the Galaxy (3D + 2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
Release date: December 9th, 2014
Purchase link: Regular edition or Bilingual edition
Price: $28.99
Group Buy: Drum18 & biscuitnoir

Units: 8000
Format: 3D + 2D Blu-ray (No DVD)
m2214894_1.jpg

m2214894.jpg m2214894_3.jpg m2214895.jpg

Check out the Future Shop SteelBook page!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats looks very different from the UK version (n) :ugh: :( :angry: :mad: :banghead: :facepalm: No gloss, no deboss, poorer finish!

Time to pray Zavvi get the superior version back in stock! FFS!

It seems to debossed/embossed as the UK version it looks like. Check the spoiler picture of the inside, you can see some of the debossing.
But as for the finish, is it worse/same? Can't really tell. But that inside art is really weak!

It seems to debossed/embossed as the UK version it looks like. Check the spoiler picture of the inside, you can see some of the debossing.
But as for the finish, is it worse/same? Can't really tell. But that inside art is really weak!

Missed the spoiler pics, so the stereo is debossed, but the finish looks far poorer and the inside art is just a joke!

Reactions: harry
Same emboss, deboss, and spot gloss features confirmed by @zerox39 on Instagram.

Just looked the pics, looks like the same cheap steel used though same as Captain America WS. Nowhere near the quality of the UK version which although the art is bad has a lovely shiny bare metal look. The inside art is just unforgivable, was the only thing that could have remotely redeemed it.

As I pointed out earlier in another FS thread - futureshop releases are rapidly going downhill in quality. That is the plain truth. Sad really.

Still cannot believe how ridiculously pathetic the inside artwork is!

Last edited:
As I pointed out earlier in another FS thread - futureshop releases are rapidly going downhill in quality. That is the plain truth. Sad really.

Still cannot believe how ridiculously pathetic the inside artwork is!

Sadly I have to totally agree. With the exception of 1 or 2 steels "Mondo" they have promised much and delivered on none of it. They are churning out poor quality steels especially where Marvel is concerned that are very inferior to what the rest of the world is getting, which I blame in part to where they are getting them made. Some Canadians on here praise them and seem to be happy just by getting metal boxes but thats not why I and many others collect steels. We want a quality product, simply being in a metal box is not enough. I wonder if those same people that constantly praise anything FS release would still be doing so if they were paying International sums for them through GB's etc I bet 100% the answer would be no. They are cheaper internally and it definitely shows in the poor steel used and on most recent ones simply terrible art choices. Oh I'm sure someone will be quick to incorrectly state FS have no choice in what they release, well sorry but yes they do, they want to be different art wise and that has resulted in poorer products, so they DO get some say in what is released. At present their steels are pretty much the worst of all the retailers "IMO" except for the odd release. Zavvi are utterly wiping the floor with their exclusives and the quality is 100% always better, and I am no Zavvi lover. I really do hope FS improve and start getting someone else to make their steels because as of now other than the new Mondo range they have seriously let me down on every title, which I've ended up selling on for something better.

Like many I'm not a fan of the Artwork, it could have been and should have been so much more.
That said I think what they've done with the inside artwork is quite cleaver - making it look lie the inside of the Walkman.....even the clips for the discs end up being part of the design......can't say I've seen that too often.

Like many I'm not a fan of the Artwork, it could have been and should have been so much more.
That said I think what they've done with the inside artwork is quite cleaver - making it look lie the inside of the Walkman.....even the clips for the discs end up being part of the design......can't say I've seen that too often.
There's a good reason why you don't see that too often!

Sadly I have to totally agree. With the exception of 1 or 2 steels "Mondo" they have promised much and delivered on none of it. They are churning out poor quality steels especially where Marvel is concerned that are very inferior to what the rest of the world is getting, which I blame in part to where they are getting them made. Some Canadians on here praise them and seem to be happy just by getting metal boxes but thats not why I and many others collect steels. We want a quality product, simply being in a metal box is not enough. I wonder if those same people that constantly praise anything FS release would still be doing so if they were paying International sums for them through GB's etc I bet 100% the answer would be no. They are cheaper internally and it definitely shows in the poor steel used and on most recent ones simply terrible art choices. Oh I'm sure someone will be quick to incorrectly state FS have no choice in what they release, well sorry but yes they do, they want to be different art wise and that has resulted in poorer products, so they DO get some say in what is released. At present their steels are pretty much the worst of all the retailers "IMO" except for the odd release. Zavvi are utterly wiping the floor with their exclusives and the quality is 100% always better, and I am no Zavvi lover. I really do hope FS improve and start getting someone else to make their steels because as of now other than the new Mondo range they have seriously let me down on every title, which I've ended up selling on for something better.
Absolutely agree. FS used to symbolise quality artwork and a quality finish. Sadly now their version of WWA is almost verging on quality of a knockoff

Reactions: harry

so true, Thor 2 TDW and CA2 TWS Future Shop Exclusive the finish was poor, enough to go ''yikes'' when you have one in hands... The asian(Taiwan) release of CA 2 TWS was superb - the steel with the embossed/debossed, perfect Gloss and stunning 1/4 slip to blend in. comparing one side to side is a joke.
The only release that I was pleased with from Future Shop was Divergent(although Adore the ES also) but it had a different artwork which I loved and Matte Finish(some collectors love that type on some steel it works perfectly). The quality on Divergent FS and the Marvel releases FS is not comparable. Hobbit Extended FS was also nice...it's not all their release you can find a few that are great quality, but i agree it seem they are over producing and lowering the quality...I passed on GOTG FS without even giving it a second look as I knew it would have similar finish as the previous Marvel releases. I didn't see one but I can bet on it.

Last edited:
So far the one that has impressed the most on this edition is the taiwan with its georgous slip they are always producing great quality steelbook with slips... [emoji41]

Reactions: Actarus and harry