Guardians of the Galaxy (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 30, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11192347-3134340183123646.jpg

11192347-8164340183137617.jpg 11192347-1784340183165841.jpg

They would be better making these releases even as one off like £15.99 or something and make a lot of them and they would sell like hot cakes.

It's nice to see Zavvi bringing some quality steelbooks out this is one of them but the price is quiet high in my opinion at the moment.

Reactions: harry
£28.99 is not the price it will be when it goes live it will be less

None of these steelbooks have been officially announced yet by Zavvi the price in the links are a place holder prices as are the release dates which may change
These steelbooks are not officially listed yet on the website or even announced by Zavvi yet
Zavvi have already tweeted these are not the actual prices they will be when ready to pre order

When they are live to pre order that is when the price will be known

Zavvi Zbox Curator tweet on twitter
That's not the final price, we've not released any info.

Reactions: padmaro
Where does this figure of £28.99 come from then?

Why just not put any price on it at all until it goes live?

If you ask, me Zavvi sends out feelers by drip feeding this information among the collectors. And if they think they can get away with it, or there's no backlash, they'd be happy to charge that price......

Reactions: Flloydo
Where does this figure of £28.99 come from then?

Why just not put any price on it at all until it goes live?

If you ask, me Zavvi sends out feelers by drip feeding this information among the collectors. And if they think they can get away with it, or there's no backlash, they'd be happy to charge that price......
The price is the RRP price
If you look at Zavvi website you see actual available in stock listings and for pre orders that are already live have save ££££ in a listing which gives you the price you don't have this yet because these Marvel Steelbooks are not actually listed yet or live to order yet on the website

Example Ant Man Steelbook
£24.99 Save: £5.00 (RRP Price is £29.99)

Zavvi always list the RRP price first then later just before due to go live can be a week or a few days before they then list the price you order at and will see under that price SAVE £ in the listing
Before they do this a listing will have the RRP price instead

These steelbooks are not yet officially listed on the website the real price is not listed yet and not been officially announced yet by Zavvi

These links are listings that still have to officially be listed on Zavvi website as you won't find them at the moment under steelbook or if you entered a search for the steelbook
You only see them because a link has been provided or leaked it you want to call it that

Only when the listing is live on the website and usually a day or two before live pre order date the actual price will be shown and with some releases that happens only when goes live to pre order

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: goufcustom
They don't show the real price till its live so they don't give people a chance to discuss and realise how bad the price is. They have it high then lower it to give the customer the illusion of getting a cheaper product. Zavvi are the cheapest, dirtiest most disgusting company there is. Remember their stores? They were god awful

I don't understand why they wouldn't space these out and do like one a month. Releasing all of these in the space of a few weeks in the run up to Christmas is ridiculous.
And like others have said, the price needs to be £15.99-£19.99 considering they all already have prior steelbook releases, in some cases, Zavvi exclusive versions.
If by some stroke of luck they all ended up being £15 I'd pick up a couple, but no way the whole lot at this time.

I don't understand why they wouldn't space these out and do like one a month. Releasing all of these in the space of a few weeks in the run up to Christmas is ridiculous.
And like others have said, the price needs to be £15.99-£19.99 considering they all already have prior steelbook releases, in some cases, Zavvi exclusive versions.
If by some stroke of luck they all ended up being £15 I'd pick up a couple, but no way the whole lot at this time.
Release dates may change they often do with Zavvi exclusives most listings are placeholder dates some will have the date as listed and some will change to a later date