digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 24th, 2014
Purchase Link: Guardians of the Galaxy
Price: £24.99
Notes: Includes 3D disc, Limited to 5,000 units
*Note: Live again as of 11/28-add both to cart from here. You should then see a 25.99 GBP discount applied in cart.

01.jpg

00.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I subscribed this thread because I missed out on the preorders and waiting for them to go back in stock. But all I'm getting is the discussion of thr artwork. Serisously, Disney is not going to change the art no matter how many people dislike it. So if you dont like it, dont buy it. If you like it, get it. It doesnt matter if the other people dont like the things you like.
And isnt there another thread specifically for artwork discustion of this steelbook?
Thread unsubscribed.

Isn't there another thread specifically for steelbooks that come back in stock? ;)

So conflicted about this release. There are so many reasons to cancel it... I really don't like the design at all and I thought the film was decent, but not as fantastic as people made it out to me (it's not even in my top 5 marvel films)... but if I don't get this I'll have an incomplete collection. :( So I haven't cancelled... yet.

I'm hoping KimchiDVD/Novamedia will come to the rescue and anounce a version with an awesome lenticular/full slip to hide the turd of a Steelbook :bag: (if they're forced to use the same one rather than able to have WEA) before this one is released.

If this wasn't a Marvel steelbook I'd have cancelled long ago.

I'm still stuck between two mindsets on this one. On the one hand I do like the rather original concept but on the other the execution is flawed especially it being the wrong walkman (I know that the designers will believe it's the idea that matters but to us film geeks it's the detail) and now I've seen some international releases with the film logo which I think are more palatable overall.

Decisions, decisions...

So a little over 5 weeks till this is released, sadly I missed the pre order is it now more than likely if there are more to be listed in stock it won't be until the release. Debating whether to hold fire or get fleeced possibly on eBay.

So a little over 5 weeks till this is released, sadly I missed the pre order is it now more than likely if there are more to be listed in stock it won't be until the release. Debating whether to hold fire or get fleeced possibly on eBay.
I would hold out as with most Zavvi pre orders there will be some cancellations that will come up or 900 or so will appear on their eBay page!

Reactions: Danzigg1979
It came to my attention tonight (thanks to another poster on the Futureshop thread of this movie) that the Walkman used on this steelbook is actually based on another Sony Walkman!!
I was under the impression that the design used on this was a generic Walkman style mock up made by the design team to avoid any legalities regarding any resembleance issues (Sony logo or not) but turns out that there is actually a Walkman that exists with this exact design!!
This makes this steelbook even more farcical in my opinion, it's almost as if they've Google imaged a generic Walkman, removed the Sony logo and settled on that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 106
Not to give Zavvi too many ideas, but I wonder if this will get re-released at one stage with different artwork? Imagine a new wave with Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk etc being released under Disney :wow: They will sell like hotcakes after this whole affair.

Regardless, I still like this, but something more vibrant wouldn't go amiss.

Not to give Zavvi too many ideas, but I wonder if this will get re-released at one stage with different artwork? Imagine a new wave with Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk etc being released under Disney :wow: They will sell like hotcakes after this whole affair.

Regardless, I still like this, but something more vibrant wouldn't go amiss.
It will and re-release is not a Zavvi thing. It is down to the Studios as they like to mint money as much as possible.

So what, still looks awful.
Absolutely. Took the fact that they actually used an actual Walkman design for this steelbook as a big old kick in the nuts.

Ever since the 'artwork' (if you can call it that...) was revealed I was under the illusion that the design team on this mocked up a generic Walkman style design as to avoid any type of resemblance to any Sony Walkman out there (be it copyright issues or to avoid paying any royalties to Sony)

But no, they've actively sourced out an image of an actual product, one that's totally inaccurate in regards to the one used in the movie, removed the Sony logo and thought 'that'll do...'

Disgraceful...

Reactions: Cyberpunk88