I Saw The Devil (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
image1.JPG

Release Date : October 27, 2014
Links: 2 Disc Edition (Theatrical Cut / International Cut)
- PET Full Slip Version (Print run for international : 800 copies) - $39.80 Sold Out
- PAPER Full Slip Version (Print run for international : 500 copies) - $38.80 Sold out
- 1/4 Slip Version (Print run for international : 400 copies) - $37.80Sold out

Plain Archive is excited to announce the release of I Saw The Devil Steelbook. We've been asked by Blue Kino, another Korean Blu-ray company to design the Steelbook edition which will be PLAIN ARCHIVE's exclusive.
We were hoping to release the world's first Steelbook edition of I Saw The Devil, but Zavvi announced its own before we could. The news made us reconsider the project, but with director Kim Jee-woon's support, we couldn't drop it.
I Saw The Devil Steelbook will be released under the approval of director Kim, and we are working on the artwork as we speak.
Best Regards
PLAIN ARCHIVE

istd.png

* PET Full Slip Version // * PAPER Full Slip Version // * 1/4 Slip Version
ISTD_PET_FULLSLIP.jpg ISTD_PAPER_FULLSLIP.jpg ISTD_PET_14SLIP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems expensive. I wouldn't have expected more than $35 for a catalogue title.

Because, it's 2 disc edition.

And also because these releases are amazing quality. ;)

IMO, they are at the top of the chain when it comes to outstanding attention to detail on their exclusive products. So paying a bit of a premium is completely justifiable, to me.

Reactions: AlienKing and harry
I need a bit of help to decide...
I have an unopened, mint condition, of The Wrestler. Both full and 1/4 slip.
Now I am definitely getting the PET slip of I Saw The Devil but the bank can only take enough for one other copy.
Should that be the full or 1/4 slip? Baring in mind that whichever one I pick, that would be the copy I will always get with every PA steelbook.
No pressure, but if anyone has an opinion, I would be very happy to hear it.

Now I am definitely getting the PET slip of I Saw The Devil but the bank can only take enough for one other copy.
Should that be the full or 1/4 slip? Baring in mind that whichever one I pick, that would be the copy I will always get with every PA steelbook.

To each their own...as some prefer 1/4 slips over full slips, and vice versa. Part of the deciding factor too is in whether you are going to keep it sealed, and whether you'd prefer to see the artwork on the steelbook or the full slip.

For me, I think the full slip is the one to have, generally speaking. And that's for any release I can think of that has had both a 1/4 and full slip. I just love the idea of having two different artworks for the same item (the full slipcover and the steelbook underneath). But I guess I'm gluttonous that way...so help me. :p

• Helpful Post
Reactions: William

At first I thought the 1/4 slip was enough of a variation for me, but the more I see these full slip versions, I really prefer them over the 1/4 ones.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: William
To each their own...as some prefer 1/4 slips over full slips, and vice versa. Part of the deciding factor too is in whether you are going to keep it sealed, and whether you'd prefer to see the artwork on the steelbook or the full slip.

For me, I think the full slip is the one to have, generally speaking. And that's for any release I can think of that has had both a 1/4 and full slip. I just love the idea of having two different artworks for the same item (the full slipcover and the steelbook underneath). But I guess I'm gluttonous that way...so help me. :p

At first I thought the 1/4 slip was enough of a variation for me, but the more I see these full slip versions, I really prefer them over the 1/4 ones.

Thanks for your help. I am going to keep them sealed. Hmmm, I'll just wait and see I think. Roll on 02:00AM!!

PA email reminder!

I SAW THE DEVIL steelbook & THE MASTER Pre-orders Pre-order Time Table
Seoul, South Korea 09-24 10:00 AM
Los Angeles, United States 09-23 06:00 PM
New York, United States 09-23 09:00 PM
Toronto, Canada 09-23 09:00 PM
Sao Paulo, Brazil 09-23 10:00 PM
London, England 09-24 02:00 AM
Berlin, Germany 09-24 03:00 AM
Paris, France 09-24 03:00 AM
Bangkok, Thailand 09-24 08:00 AM
Taipei, Taiwan 09-24 09:00 AM
Sydney, Australia 09-24 11:00 AM
Auckland, New Zealand 09-24 01:00 PM

*Each edition will be limited to 2 copies per customer for the first 24 hours.

I would say get the PET, it may just be a one off and you may regret getting the paper slip later. If you are worried about what the spines will look like, an image was posted a while back and it will not stand out/look funny compared to the previous releases (PA001-004).
Hope this helps. :happy:

Reactions: Narg
That's Good limit of 2 copies per customer in first 24 hours

With international print run low
The international supply will be sold out in first 24 hours in my opinion

Hurry up 2am
Good luck to all who want this

Reactions: AnubisNefer and MGD
Debating on going for the Big Bundle. But if PA is doing a The Master Steelbook, I can skip the master.

For sure want:
*1/4 Slip
*Paper Full Slip
*ill either get 2 paper full slips or just go for the Tripack?

What you guys getting?

Reactions: MGD
Debating on going for the Big Bundle. But if PA is doing a The Master Steelbook, I can skip the master.

For sure want:
*1/4 Slip
*Paper Full Slip
*ill either get 2 paper full slips or just go for the Tripack?

What you guys getting?

I'm definitely getting the PET, probably get the 1/4 slip and may get the paper slip.
I have all other PA full slips, as well as the two new standard standard editions.
I may get the triple bundle (I agree with you, I'll wait for the steelbook for The Master). Keep the 1/4 slip sealed, next to the sealed 1/4 slip for The Wrestler. Have the paper slip on the shelf, next to the others and have the PET full-facing on the shelf as the two layered effect looks great!
Still contemplating it though...

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches