I Saw The Devil (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
image1.JPG

Release Date : October 27, 2014
Links: 2 Disc Edition (Theatrical Cut / International Cut)
- PET Full Slip Version (Print run for international : 800 copies) - $39.80 Sold Out
- PAPER Full Slip Version (Print run for international : 500 copies) - $38.80 Sold out
- 1/4 Slip Version (Print run for international : 400 copies) - $37.80Sold out

Plain Archive is excited to announce the release of I Saw The Devil Steelbook. We've been asked by Blue Kino, another Korean Blu-ray company to design the Steelbook edition which will be PLAIN ARCHIVE's exclusive.
We were hoping to release the world's first Steelbook edition of I Saw The Devil, but Zavvi announced its own before we could. The news made us reconsider the project, but with director Kim Jee-woon's support, we couldn't drop it.
I Saw The Devil Steelbook will be released under the approval of director Kim, and we are working on the artwork as we speak.
Best Regards
PLAIN ARCHIVE

istd.png

* PET Full Slip Version // * PAPER Full Slip Version // * 1/4 Slip Version
ISTD_PET_FULLSLIP.jpg ISTD_PAPER_FULLSLIP.jpg ISTD_PET_14SLIP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @Vandamon

Just wanted to update everyone that as you all had said (and I expected), customer service was very helpful and replied in 3 days....they just directly offered a refund and I got a PayPal email after a few hours....I guess they did not have another copy to ship at the time....and I did not press them for it. Though the shipping cost for just one copy is always high!!

Reactions: Vandamon
I managed to grab I Saw The Devil full slip a week or so ago.
Fantastic company to deal with and awesome high quality product. I hope you enjoy these pictures and apologies for being late to the scene on this one.

Surprised it landed in my hands yesterday morning.

P1090125.JPG

P1090120.JPG

P1090124.JPG

P1090133.JPG

P1090136.JPG

• Thanks
Reactions: JackieBoy
"
– The Korean version, originally released in Korea and in which some of the violence (~1:20) has been cut but that also contains several additional scenes (~144min). "

CUT??

@monterock

dvdcompare.net said:
The following versions of the movie are known:
– The Korean version, originally released in Korea and in which some of the violence (~1:20) has been cut but that also contains several additional scenes (~144min).
– The International version, reinstating some of the violence and cutting some dialogue sequences for reasons of pacing (~142min).
Interestingly the Plain Archive release contains the shorter international version and, e.g., the UK steelbook release contains the longer Korean version. [Edit: The PA release contains both versions, edited to avoid passing on misinformation]

Last edited:
@monterock

Interestingly, the Plain Archive release contains the shorter international version and, e.g., the UK steelbook release contains the longer Korean version.

The PA release contains both the Korean release (144 minutes) and the International release (142 minutes). I don't own the UK steelbook, but the J-card lists the run time as 144 minutes, so I imagine it contains the Korean cut of the film which features a bit more dialogue and less violence (to appease Korean censors).

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Ranavalone
The PA release contains both the Korean release (144 minutes) and the International release (142 minutes). I don't own the UK steelbook, but the J-card lists the run time as 144 minutes, so I imagine it contains the Korean cut of the film which features a bit more dialogue and less violence (to appease Korean censors).
That certainly makes a lot of sense :)

Seems that PA just got the running time specs wrong; it's 142 min for both discs (looking at the full slip).

• Thanks
Reactions: misformatt
That certainly makes a lot of sense :)

Seems that PA just got the running time specs wrong; it's 142 min for both discs (looking at the full slip).

Just took a look at the bottom of the full slip and you're right, they did misprint the running times as being equal (they're listed accurately on the website). I can see how this would cause much confusion.