I Saw The Devil (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
image1.JPG

Release Date : October 27, 2014
Links: 2 Disc Edition (Theatrical Cut / International Cut)
- PET Full Slip Version (Print run for international : 800 copies) - $39.80 Sold Out
- PAPER Full Slip Version (Print run for international : 500 copies) - $38.80 Sold out
- 1/4 Slip Version (Print run for international : 400 copies) - $37.80Sold out

Plain Archive is excited to announce the release of I Saw The Devil Steelbook. We've been asked by Blue Kino, another Korean Blu-ray company to design the Steelbook edition which will be PLAIN ARCHIVE's exclusive.
We were hoping to release the world's first Steelbook edition of I Saw The Devil, but Zavvi announced its own before we could. The news made us reconsider the project, but with director Kim Jee-woon's support, we couldn't drop it.
I Saw The Devil Steelbook will be released under the approval of director Kim, and we are working on the artwork as we speak.
Best Regards
PLAIN ARCHIVE

istd.png

* PET Full Slip Version // * PAPER Full Slip Version // * 1/4 Slip Version
ISTD_PET_FULLSLIP.jpg ISTD_PAPER_FULLSLIP.jpg ISTD_PET_14SLIP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I did order the Paper Full Slip this time around....this and JSA are the 2 steelbooks I bought just because I liked the packages and wanted to support both Plain and Nova who are doing outstanding work!! I am not really into Korean cinema and I think this one will be too brutal for me! But still went ahead...

Also, in the past I have seen it on eBay for even less than what I paid including shipping, so even if you don't get it now, don't despair and keep an eye out on eBay or our forums!!

Reactions: Obi Wan Dandobi
My full slip arrived today. My first PA steel. All I cam say is WOW! It is absolutely gorgeous. The quality of the slip is top notch with embossed title. It is just a fantastic package and is now my favourite steel, even more so than HDZeta's Interstellar, and that really is saying something! If you haven't got this and can find one just don't think twice about picking it up. Can't wait to watch this tonight now!

Reactions: Monkey2005
Arrived yesterday morning, the steel is a thing of beauty, absolutely fantastic package & looks even better sitting next to the other three PlainArchive fullslips.

Guys, I am facing a strange issue and not sure what to do...I had ordered 2x of Full Paper Slip edition....yesterday I got the box and to my surprise it had ONLY ONE steelbook. The box was NOT opened on the way, and was so small that two of these could never have fit into the box. So, this was an error in shipping itself, nothing happened during transit.

I have dropped an e-mail to PA, but not got a reply yet....has anyone had similar experience with PA and is their customer service reliable and helpful?

Guys, I am facing a strange issue and not sure what to do...I had ordered 2x of Full Paper Slip edition....yesterday I got the box and to my surprise it had ONLY ONE steelbook. The box was NOT opened on the way, and was so small that two of these could never have fit into the box. So, this was an error in shipping itself, nothing happened during transit.

I have dropped an e-mail to PA, but not got a reply yet....has anyone had similar experience with PA and is their customer service reliable and helpful?

Their customer service is very helpful and reliable but it's a small company with only a few employees. You need to be a little bit more patient, Hyunhu will answer you as fast as he can.

Reactions: BaleHardy
Nope, not buying for reselling....I just buy 2 copies for everything, mainly in case I open one, which I usually do, I can have one sealed...and also because shipping is usually costlier if just one is purchased....it is no secret PA releases have not been very high on the resale market....probably the nature of the movies and the large print run, but right from The Wrestler to The Master or ZDT, I don't think anyone is buying them for reselling, else they would be sold out by now.

And I would be happy with a refund as well if a second copy cannot be sent out...will wait for a reply from them.

Nope, not buying for reselling....I just buy 2 copies for everything, mainly in case I open one, which I usually do, I can have one sealed...and also because shipping is usually costlier if just one is purchased....it is no secret PA releases have not been very high on the resale market....probably the nature of the movies and the large print run, but right from The Wrestler to The Master or ZDT, I don't think anyone is buying them for reselling, else they would be sold out by now.

And I would be happy with a refund as well if a second copy cannot be sent out...will wait for a reply from them.

I don't think it was directed to you since he spread this talk in a lot threads because he stopped collecting and realised that steelbooks are not a financial investment :LOL:

Just wait a little bit more, normally they answer as fast as they can. Maybe they got a lot of work the last days with shipping out "Two Days, One Night" and the pre-order of "Frank". They will solve your problem very customer friendly I'm sure, if its a refund or shipping of the second copy :thumbs:

BaleHardy, this happened to me too with ZDT. I had ordered two 1/4 slip lenti's but they had only shipped me one copy. So I had emailed them to inquire about it and referenced my order number and they responded within a few days and said they made a mistake and then shipped out my second copy. So if you had already emailed them, just be patient as they will respond to your email and rectify the issue. Best of luck to you!