Release Date: March 31, 2015
Purchase link: BestBuy.ca
Price: $26.99
Group Buy: Drum18 or Biscuitnoir
Notes: Gloss Finish

FS_Interstellar.jpg

Source

More Images:
Interstellar_FutureShop_BD_STLBK_2D_SKEW_JM_01.jpg Interstellar_FutureShop_BD_STLBK_3D_SKEW_JM_01.jpg Interstellar_FutureStop_BD_STLBK_BEAUTYspread_KMR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Only the 'converted' best buy stores have them in stock in my area. It is definitely one of my favourite steelbook releases from FS, fitting as the last Futureshop release. The finish was done perfectly.
I am just left scratching my head how a technical masterpiece like 'Interstellar' wasn't released with 7.1 audio.

Hello friend and a fellow HDN,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I am just curious why buy the movie 4 times? I love Interstellar and it's definitely one my Nolan's favourite that's why there was no hesitation when i preordered from FS the steelbook. The digibook is nice yes, but why would you purchase the amaray versions too?

The Family is waiting for the FS Steel to come home...View attachment 154027

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I am just curious why buy the movie 4 times? I love Interstellar and it's definitely one my Nolan's favourite that's why there was no hesitation when i preordered from FS the steelbook. The digibook is nice yes, but why would you purchase the amaray versions too?

Hey, my Ninja

No offense given, none taken.

Just curious, how long have you been collecting? Only asking because with a lot of the collectors I assosiate with, this is the norm. If you think this is a bit overboard, obviously you haven't met the King of Big Dippers, the biggest collector I know, who puts big collections to shame literally on a daily basis, The Grear Mr. @ricster !!

Well, Nolan happens to be my favorite most active filmmaker right now, and I absolutely love this film Interstellar.

To answer your question, It's because of the artwork, and these were all local releases. Take note of the different artwork of each edition, even the amaray has amazing artwork. Plus I work hard, 9-10 hour days, six days a week. And I'm not a millionaire but, I can afford pretty much whatever Blu Ray tickles my fancy.

Walmart NeoPak:
image.jpg

Walmart Bonus Art Book:
image.jpg

Standard US Slip:
image.jpg

Target SteelBook:
image.jpg

I pre-ordered only one copy of INTERSTELLAR which is the Future Shop SteelBook which I feel is the best one.

However, as it turned out it is one of the last, if not the last Future Shop SteelBook with sticker, etc. I know how some people love this movie and like to collect stickers, and Future Shop's is also unique worldwide with the cover art.

So I decided to get the UK Digibook as well. I will open that one and keep the FS SteelBook sealed. There will be tons of the digibook, but only a limited number of the Future Shop SteelBook (not all SteelBooks had stickers either). This way, I can also read the digibook.

I am the same way, when I love a movie I will buy multiple country and will multi dip on each one. This is the type of collector I am and @NoDingsNoScratches can relate to that as many of us collect this way. I often purchase the Amaray as well and not just one country, I can have the US, Taiwan and Korean version as they usually have very nice and different slipcovers. And to watch a movie a lot of collectors actually will not open their steel no matter at how many country we have dipped into and we keep an Amaray to be opened. When it is a steel I love and really want to open, I will only open if I have a few more of them that are still kept sealed...

Many different types of collectors roaming around :naughty:

I am the same way, when I love a movie I will buy multiple country and will multi dip on each one. This is the type of collector I am and @NoDingsNoScratches can relate to that as many of us collect this way. I often purchase the Amaray as well and not just one country, I can have the US, Taiwan and Korean version as they usually have very nice and different slipcovers. And to watch a movie a lot of collectors actually will not open their steel no matter at how many country we have dipped into and we keep an Amaray to be opened. When it is a steel I love and really want to open, I will only open if I have a few more of them that are still kept sealed...

Exactly. For Example. If its a superb film, and an excellent release, I might make an order like this:

•1/4 Slip
• Full Slip
•Lenti Slip
•PET Slip
•Keep Case

Plus an extra copy of which ever edition I like the most so I can open 1 and still have a complete sealed set

Reactions: harry
I see.. Thanks for sharing your inputs. Was curious only about other's perspective when collecting. I, on the other hand have limited resources and space, so one steelbook version of a movie is good enough for me. My problem usually lies when I purchase one because it was the only release at the time then a year or two later, a much better design comes out, hence i double dip, but with an intention to sell the first release. Perfect example would be the GotG. That cassette tape IMO was really horrible, but I need to have the SB in my collection because I want to watch it again. I try to avoid amarays if there is a steelbook version available as much as possible. Now we have the Blufans release! I need to sell the old one so I can compensate a bit of the money I will pay for the new.

But yea, I guess at the end of the day, to each is his/her own. Cheers! :thumbs:

Exactly. For Example. If its a superb film, and an excellent release, I might make an order like this:

•1/4 Slip
• Full Slip
•Lenti Slip
•PET Slip
•Keep Case

Plus an extra copy of which ever edition I like the most so I can open 1 and still have a complete sealed set

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
I see.. Thanks for sharing your inputs. Was curious only about other's perspective when collecting. I, on the other hand have limited resources and space, so one steelbook version of a movie is good enough for me. My problem usually lies when I purchase one because it was the only release at the time then a year or two later, a much better design comes out, hence i double dip, but with an intention to sell the first release. Perfect example would be the GotG. That cassette tape IMO was really horrible, but I need to have the SB in my collection because I want to watch it again. I try to avoid amarays if there is a steelbook version available as much as possible. Now we have the Blufans release! I need to sell the old one so I can compensate a bit of the money I will pay for the new.

But yea, I guess at the end of the day, to each is his/her own. Cheers! :thumbs:

Yes all different points of view and at the end of the day it is our money and we can decide what type of collector makes us happy... for me I get a rush of owning multiple copies of the same steel plus if another country does one that I love it might happen again, so I need double or triple the space lol I need a new bookshelf...but for me loved the cassette steel and especially with that Taiwan Killer Slip :naughty: