Release Date: March 31, 2015
Purchase link: BestBuy.ca
Price: $26.99
Group Buy: Drum18 or Biscuitnoir
Notes: Gloss Finish

FS_Interstellar.jpg

Source

More Images:
Interstellar_FutureShop_BD_STLBK_2D_SKEW_JM_01.jpg Interstellar_FutureShop_BD_STLBK_3D_SKEW_JM_01.jpg Interstellar_FutureStop_BD_STLBK_BEAUTYspread_KMR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
lol Best Buy and FS I would have been surprised if packaging would have been different...

I called the Future Shop call Center once and the Rep answered ''welcome to best buy'' :hilarious:
They have one call Center and agents deal with both companies...or maybe one day some do FS and others do BB and they get confused sometimes haha so it is even probably coming from the same warehouse when ordering online

So what is this thing now printing credits on back of the steel itself ??? this better not be a new trend...

You do realize many steelbooks have the credits printed right on the back of the steelbook itself, this is not a new trend.

Reactions: RobertJoseph17
Just an FYI to any ninja's in Edmonton the downtown best buy did not have any copies of this steel, i had to go to the north east store to get a copy. And they had about 20 of them that i saw.
also went to the downtown store. First person I talked to didn't have a clue, then a lady got involved and said none of the newly converted stores had it in stock-WRONG! Found the big display in St Albert full of them and also in the NE store. As usual staff are so clueless!
interstellar steelbook display.jpg

also went to the downtown store. First person I talked to didn't have a clue, then a lady got involved and said none of the newly converted stores had it in stock-WRONG! Found the big display in St Albert full of them and also in the NE store. As usual staff are so clueless!View attachment 151969

Yeah did not feel like driving to St.Albert, i live in the west end of Edmonton and went downtown first.

You do realize many steelbooks have the credits printed right on the back of the steelbook itself, this is not a new trend.

I but a lot of releases and I don't think I ever saw one in my collection with the credits directly on the back of the steel, always on on the J-card/slipcover...

I but a lot of releases and I don't think I ever saw one in my collection with the credits directly on the back of the steel, always on on the J-card/slipcover...

If you have any Warner steelbook, then theres credits on the back. And Warner has released the most steelbooks out of any studio I think. Maybe you dont open a majority of your steels? Anyway, credits on the back have always been around. I dont mind them actually, especially when its just a blank or scenic image with nothing to focus on like this steelbook.

Is it right that this is region A locked? How come thought this was a paramount release they never lock usually.
Warner Bros usually don't lock the blu-rays, Paramount do.
In UK/EUR (and I think rest of the world) it is Warner. For US/CAN this is released by Paramount.

Reactions: augustus
Is it right that this is region A locked? How come thought this was a paramount release they never lock usually.

@DK06CTR The following was posted by me in the "Interstellar" US NEO-PACK thread back at the beginning of February. It explains Paramount's policy regarding region coding. Hope this helps.

If you examine a list of Paramount's Blu-ray releases, those that are Region Free are predominantly catalogue titles or titles for which Paramount have worldwide distribution rights. However, even that is no guarantee, as evidenced by their recent release of "Hercules" which was Region A locked in North America but Region Free elsewhere, even though all those releases were from Paramount.

The situation is radically different in the case of titles for which Paramount only has the distribution rights in North America, with the rights elsewhere being held by other studios. In those cases, Paramount have tended to lock their US and Canadian releases. Examples of where this has been the case include the following titles:-

"Titanic"
"Braveheart"
"Gladiator"
"The Wolf of Wall Street"
"Boyhood"
"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
"AI: Artificial Intelligence"
"Minority Report"
"The Fighter"
"The Road to Perdition"

The above list is not exhaustive but does support my contention that Paramount's US and Canadian releases of "Interstellar" are likely to be Region A locked since Paramount only have the North American rights to this title, the rights in other territories being held by Warner.

Last edited: