wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: 15th September, 2015
Purchase link: https://shop.hdzeta.com/
Prices: Boxset $145 - Lenticular $62 - Full Slip $58 - 1/4 Slip $55
Notes: WEA Steelbook - limited 3000 copies, Full Glossy finish, no embossed or debossed, postcards x6
Lenticular (1600 copies - 0001-0600 for boxset)
Fulllsip (1200 copies - 0001-0600 for boxset)
1/4 Slip (200 copies)
Boxset (600 copies - Lenticular slip + Full slip+ 3D Tars metal number card+OST CD)

Group buys: 1/4 Slip - Full Slip - Lenti Slip - Boxset (Boxset sold out)
HDN GB Prices include all fees (paypal fees, shipping cost to buyer's address)

Artorks:
steel01.jpg steel02.jpg
full
full
full
full
full

steel00.jpg

Lenticular || Slipbox || 1/4 slip
lenticular.jpg slipbox.jpg 1-4.jpg

Boxset:
boxset.jpg

dsc_0084-jpg.186117

dsc_0086-jpg.186118

dsc_0088-jpg.186119

dsc_0089-jpg.186120

dsc_0090-jpg.186121

This release will be Group Buy starting at 10AM EDT USA September 5th, 2015 + webstore pre-order.
NY USA: 10:00 am EDT
L.A. USA: 07:00 PDT
London Uk: 15:00 BST
Paris Fr - Berlin De: 16:00 CEST
Use http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html to determine time in your zone

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry, i'm fairly new so could somebody please tell me what the hell is this WWA i keep seeing? I'm guessing it means Warner something. I know what WEA stands for, but I cannot find anything for WWA online. Google keeps suggesting WWE wrestling. :lol:
WEA-World Exclusive Art
WWA-World Wide Art

Reactions: Robbb
@Robbb inclusion of a lenticular cover is not tied to whether a movie is in 3D at all. Though the effect is 3D is is often included because many collectors love them, and it adds variety/art extension to the edition itself.

Reactions: Robbb and jonnie123
Hi @UpsetSmiley ...it would be appreciated as when you talk about the movie, performance, and other aspects that could be considered for others who have purposefully stayed away from all info wanting to see this movie with a 100% fresh mind. It is challenging to avoid all the talk about the movies, but it would be appreciated if you do, no matter how small it might feel to you to talk about a few thinks in correlation to the movie to use a SPOILER TAG

and I say that will all due respect.

I didn't think praising a performance or visuals would be deemed a spoiler. It's unspecific and I wasn't being particular. As in most threads, these sort of posts are made.

I take it on board what you're saying however.

I didn't think praising a performance or visuals would be deemed a spoiler. It's unspecific and I wasn't being particular. As in most threads, these sort of posts are made.

I take it on board what you're saying however.

Thanks for acknowledging it...I've avoided that movie so much I only know 1 actor who's in it... so I might be an extremist kind of viewer, but I love to be surprised...when I hear about a title I am interested in, I avoid as much as I can...it makes the viewing experience better...I despise trailers, how to ruin a movie in a minute !

Still not seen this film.but this will be the version I go for:thumbs:

No offense - and I am not just referring to you - but I will never understand how people are willing to potentially waste their money (especially on a more expensive exclusive edition) on something they have not seen. I have never blind bought anything and I never will. I could understand more (but not really) if somebody bought the dvd edition or at the very least the most basic BD release, but holding out for an exclusive edition of something that one hasn't seen when one could absolutely hate the movie (especially in this case as Interstellar was sooo divisive so one could go either way with this) is totally beyond me.

Excited to see which artwork the studio will accept to release for a lenti or 1/4 slip when the film arena version already get cancelled :dunno:

I still also hope for a german release with the future shop artwork. Can't believe that Saturn/Media Markt and Mueller doesn't announced anything besides the amaray :bored:

No offense - and I am not just referring to you - but I will never understand how people are willing to potentially waste their money (especially on a more expensive exclusive edition) on something they have not seen. I have never blind bought anything and I never will. I could understand more (but not really) if somebody bought the dvd edition or at the very least the most basic BD release, but holding out for an exclusive edition of something that one hasn't seen when one could absolutely hate the movie (especially in this case as Interstellar was sooo divisive so one could go either way with this) is totally beyond me.

a) depending on where you live you must blind buy steelbooks and special editions because they are sold out before in your country the movie even starts in cinema/get BD release
b) someone collect the steelbook, not the movie itself
c) someone collect the filmarena collection and don't want to miss out on a #
d) someone knows his taste in movies really well and than rarely goes wrong with blind buys
e) if you don't like it you can still sell it for cost, especially those special editions

I must say I do a lot of blind buys and rarely I go wrong with them. When I do I sell the one I don't like. But for me it belongs to the hobby to went movie shopping and take some
flicks with me I think I could love :thumbs:

that is what a big part of collecting steelbook is. We don't just collect movie, we also/mainly collect steelbooks and the Art behind it. There's some/most companies that we are familiar with, that we almost purchase every releases they do. You will come to learn that some make very limited print Run and we pre-order way in a advance before they go Out Of Print(even before they are actually released). Sometimes we have seen the movies and sometimes we have not, but the steel might be so beautiful and limited that we grab 1 or 2 copies before they sell out. You have to know that this steelbook collecting hobby, most of the time, releases are sold out before they are released. There's different types of collectors, but we are in a community that embraces all types. Some are very serious collectors and may buy the same movie from different countries based on the companies that put out nice and different steels(WEA), sometimes they are dressed up with an exclusive slip covers or Lenticular or a 1/4 slipcover, limited numbered editions, may come with bonus art cards and booklets, sometimes there's companies that puts out the WWA steel and they simply come with a slipcover that we end up buying many copies of the same movie based from the country they come from. We are lucky here on HDN as we have inside information that allows us to know better what we are purchasing but it isn't with every releases.

@dan8885 The the German Artwork uses the WWA

Last edited:
that is what a big part of collecting steelbook is. We don't just collect movie, we also/mainly collect steelbooks and the Art behind it. There's some/most companies that we are familiar with, that we almost purchase every releases they do. You will come to learn that some make very limited print Run and we pre-order way in a advance before they go Out Of Print(even before they are actually released). Sometimes we have seen the movies and sometimes we have not, but the steel might be so beautiful and limited that we grab 1 or 2 copies before they sell out. And we are not the typical little collector. You have to know that this steelbook collecting hobby, most of the time, releases are sold out before they are released. There's different types of collectors, but we are in a community that embraces all types. Some are very serious collectors and may buy the same movie from different countries based on the companies that put out nice and different steels(WEA), sometimes they are dressed up with an exclusive slip covers or Lenticular or a 1/4 slipcover, limited numbered editions, may come with bonus art cards and booklets, sometimes there's companies that puts out the WWA steel and they simply come with a slipcover that we end up buying many copies of the same movie based from the country they come from. We are lucky here on HDN as we have inside information that allows us to know better what we are purchasing but it isn't with every releases.

@dan8885 The the German Artwork uses the WWA
Correct, all movie fans welcomed, even those that buy for the film itself :)

Correct, all movie fans welcomed, even those that buy for the film itself :)

Indeed it is how I started, I was buying a steelbook ''here and there'' of the movies I loved without knowing what collecting steelbooks was ~ it is how it all started for me.

Some of us also collect Blu-ray releases that come with a Slipcover as you must be familiar with, some slip covers are worth collecting :)

Reactions: digitalbabe
Thanks guys for all the detailed replies. I am not ashamed to say I have a lot to learn, evidently. I can tell right away though, that you guys are WAYYY more obsessed than I, and I don't mean that as a slight.

I am afraid I am just a humble purchaser of movies that I have seen and would watch again. Sorry. I don't collect any particular editions of BDs and what drew me here was the info on all the special editions of Interstellar that may/may not materialize. Who knows, I could be converted sometime in the future, but that remains to be seen. I enjoy being here though, so that counts for something - right?

Thanks guys for all the detailed replies. I am not ashamed to say I have a lot to learn, evidently. I can tell right away though, that you guys are WAYYY more obsessed than I, and I don't mean that as a slight.

I am afraid I am just a humble purchaser of movies that I have seen and would watch again. Sorry. I don't collect any particular editions of BDs and what drew me here was the info on all the special editions of Interstellar that may/may not materialize. Who knows, I could be converted sometime in the future, but that remains to be seen. I enjoy being here though, so that counts for something - right?

Yes indeed all are welcomed, and like I said I started like you, remember buying Total Recall(remake) on Steel at Future Shop as I thought it looked so cool instead of going for the Blu-ray (prices were almost the same). When I went to buy my Elysium copy again at FutureShop saw all the nice steelbooks of it so I grabbed one also...and from there it slowly started...Future Show do release nice Exclusive Steelbooks that you won't find the Artwork on an other country steelbook. I have already pre-ordered my Interstellar copies (I am a double dipper type of collector as I like to keep them sealed, so if I intend to open a copy, I'll buy more than one). I also will Purchase The Taiwan FuturePak (A different kind of Steel Package) but this one has the WorldWideArt(meaning all country will have the same design) but Taiwan is very unique as they make awesome Slipcover and it is all in Traditional Chinese Characters...and I HAVEN'T Seen the movie :hilarious: ...but like we have said we also buy for the Steelbook artwork not just for the movie (although they are all based on movies (for what we are talking about right now)...

@dan8885 like I mentioned the German Steel is already available for pre-order on amazon.de WWA + Also Interstellar is not getting the treatment of a FilmArena Numbered collector edition but from What Karel has said is that they will release it as a regular Czech Steelbook (so just the steel without all the extras)

Last edited:
Reactions: dan8885
@Actarus: I know that the WWA Artwork is available at amazon.de but Saturn/Media Markt and/or Mueller get most of the time their own exclusive Artwork besides amazon.de over here. And the Future Shop Artwork is the only steelbook artwork till now that is released besides the WWA. I would have made a bet that one of those retailers get the same artwork for their exclusive release.

Reactions: Actarus
@Actarus: I know that the WWA Artwork is available at amazon.de but Saturn/Media Markt and/or Mueller get most of the time their own exclusive Artwork besides amazon.de over here. And the Future Shop Artwork is the only steelbook artwork till now that is released besides the WWA. I had made a bet that one of those retailers get the same artwork for their exclusive release.

to my knowledge and someone correct me if I am wrong but never saw the artwork of a FutureShop Exclusive on another steelbook country, they have the exclusive rights to it but @zerox39 might be better to answer this question.

if you get any news that Saturn/Media Markt and/or Mueller will have a WEA please let me know :) ...although never bought from them would need help at that point.

Reactions: dan8885
to my knowledge and someone correct me if I am wrong but never saw the artwork of a FutureShop Exclusive on another steelbook country, they have the exclusive rights to it but @zerox39 might be better to answer this question.

if you get any news that Saturn/Media Markt and/or Mueller will have a WEA please let me know :) ...although never bought from them would need help at that point.
To answer your question we are in the same boat as everyone else. Although it's uncommon for a SteelBook built for canada to share art with another somewhere else in the world, it can still happen. We don't have any exclusive rights to art. It's simply luck ;)

If there is no cancellation you have one exception at this time, Hunger games: Mockingjay Part 1, on FilmArena they announce the FS artwork, but i'm not sure that is 100% validated.

• Informative
Reactions: Actarus
Status
Not open for further replies.