Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

woods.jpg

back.jpg

interior.jpg

exterior.jpg

intothewoods.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
James Corden you say? ..I'll give it a miss then...

Why? I wasn't really familiar with him until a couple of weeks ago when I watched the BBC Two/Hulu comedy series "The Wrong Mans", which James Corden co-created and stars in (Mathew Baynton is the other co-creator and star), and I LOVED it. Their take on usual action movie tropes was fun, it's serialized all the way through, the main duo's dynamic is great... and Corden is quite alright in the part! (he "rolls deep" :D)

The Wrong Mans is one 6-episode season + two-1 hour specials, and it's probably over (the story certainly feels complete at the end thankfully, it was a short but wonderful run), now that James Corden will host The Late Late Show on CBS — huge Craig Ferguson fan here (and Geoff Peterson too, as you can tell by my avatar) and these are impossible shoes to fill, but Corden appeared on TLLS as a cameo and as a guest on The Colbert Report (the other late night show of which I'm a fan - both ended 25 hours apart last December). Other than being nervous, I didn't see anything wrong with him.

Anyway, I for one will be pre-ordering this — we will not have a visual by Saturday imo, there was none for GotG and they had a wrong Maleficient artwork displayed, but they'll lauch the pre-order anyway.

I haven't seen it, but it's Disney so it will probably be really sold out, not "Zavvi sold out". Much like Maleficient, I'm expecting a title and gloss, and there's good art to work with, too :).

Last edited:
Reactions: digitalbabe

In 'Gavin and Stacey' he was an annoying self obsessed character who thought he was cleverer and funnier than he actually was, and he was funny, you laughed at him...but seeing him in other things and in interviews I soon realised he wasn't acting in Gavin and Stacey and he IS annoying and self obsessed and thinks he's cleverer and funnier than everyone else, and with the addition of smugness makes him thoroughly unlikeable

In 'Gavin and Stacey' he was an annoying self obsessed character who thought he was cleverer and funnier than he actually was, and he was funny, you laughed at him...but seeing him in other things and in interviews I soon realised he wasn't acting in Gavin and Stacey and he IS annoying and self obsessed and thinks he's cleverer and funnier than everyone else, and with the addition of smugness makes him thoroughly unlikeable

I actually liked him in gavin and Stacey and I didn't watch it for years because i thought I wouldn't like him, I agree anything after he's been in has not been great but I'll give him a go in this.
The thing is when people write something they have developed for years in sitcom style they usually write themselves in that role like coogan with partridge (he is a bit of a prick in real life which makes me like him more), gervais with Brent and Andy, noel fielding with vince noir and so on. Some examples of people who are like their characters in the real world and the ones I like too

First thing I saw him in was Lesbian Vampire Killers and I laughed my ass off, never watch UK tv so haven't seen him in anything else.