John Carter (3D Blu-ray Viva Metal Box) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Per Saybinator-June 5 release date.

It will be a 3D Blu-ray Combo with a MSRP of $39.99

john_carter1.jpg

The same description was used on FS site for the previous 'Viva Metal Cases'.

Per Saybinator at FS Forum, this will have Exclusive artwork only in Canada:

Update from our contact at Walt Disney Home Entertainment:

The Disney Global Product Team has confirmed other markets may have a collectable packaging in some format, but NONE of them will have a John Carter Collectable Package with the Artwork I previously posted.

Future Shop will have Global Exclusive Artwork on John Carter Collectable Packaging.

So like it or love it, exclusive artwork for Canadians!

John Carter Collectable Packaging will be up for pre-order soon.

Details TBA.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys think more will come back in stock... or is this another Drive slipcover deal?
Usually Metal Boxes or Steelbooks aren't sold out after a week but all stores close to me are out. :S
I have a couple for a trade that I want to exchange for mint copies, but none are available.

I have to admin that the quality of the VIVA cases are c**p. Feels too fragile and the case bends a lot even by simply opening it to view the discs. Studios should ditch this and stick with Steelbooks.

Ill share an opinion on the flip side. The artwork is amazing on almost all viva's and quality of the case is pretty decent IMO. I dont see any flexing happening like you say. I hope studio's keep cranking these out... the artwork blows a lot of steel books and their mediocre artwork out of the water.

Way too much hate on these Viva's in the name of uniformity for people collections and exaggeration of their quality being poor when its not. If there is NO competition for Scanavo we the consumer will regret it deeply. Monopolies only ever served the corporation and its interests well.

Last edited:
Acutally I think the viva's are better build quality, the only thing I don't like about them is the spines, it cuts up the inner artwork too much and the outer spine just doesn't look right.

Reactions: Jason Bourne
I think the quality control on vivas isnt very good, every single viva i have has at least 1 ding and maybe a scratch. Including this that i got from medhi.

This release is beautiful and heavy. One of my all time favorites!

I must have close to a dozen Viva Metal Cases and all have been mint and beautiful.

Reactions: Jason Bourne
I am in canada and try to examine each one I buy. They often have small scratches or small dents (especially on the embossed outer edge) But when you find a mint one, they are beautiful!

Reactions: Che
It only flopped in the USA. It is quite the success abroad.

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $73,078,100 25.8%
+ Foreign: $209,700,000 74.2%
= Worldwide: $282,778,100

Production budget was around $250 million