John Carter (3D Blu-ray Viva Metal Box) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Per Saybinator-June 5 release date.

It will be a 3D Blu-ray Combo with a MSRP of $39.99

john_carter1.jpg

The same description was used on FS site for the previous 'Viva Metal Cases'.

Per Saybinator at FS Forum, this will have Exclusive artwork only in Canada:

Update from our contact at Walt Disney Home Entertainment:

The Disney Global Product Team has confirmed other markets may have a collectable packaging in some format, but NONE of them will have a John Carter Collectable Package with the Artwork I previously posted.

Future Shop will have Global Exclusive Artwork on John Carter Collectable Packaging.

So like it or love it, exclusive artwork for Canadians!

John Carter Collectable Packaging will be up for pre-order soon.

Details TBA.

Last edited by a moderator:
It only flopped in the USA. It is quite the success abroad.

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $73,078,100 25.8%
+ Foreign: $209,700,000 74.2%
= Worldwide: $282,778,100

Production budget was around $250 million

i got buy one get one free cinema tickets to see this from the disney website. I'm assuming due to the initial flop in the US :scat:

Anyone saying this movie was poor well Ill try to respect their opinion, lol. I just don't see it. At worst its at least an "ok" movie. IMO though it was great.

I must admit I watched it and thought it was very mediocre can see why it bombed in the cinema, watchable is all id say. But we all have opinions what one likes, another doesn't.

Finally got around to opening mine and the movie was ok but the metal pack/casing is beautiful! One thing that annoyed the hell out of me was the nasty glue stain residue the digital copy disc left behind when I pulled it off!

This one seems to be leaning towards the rarer side....am I safe in assuming that?

Thanks

Must say I prefer the far east steel of this, but whatever you get...

Get one.

Because this film is superb. Straightforward family entertainment done with an attention to detail not seen since Star Wars (that's Episode IV, coz I'm olde :D ).

Classic cinema done very well, then scapegoated by Disney to hide their woefully crap marketing.

Reactions: Marina Blue