Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

huggy2k4

Premium Supporter
Jun 8, 2012
Hull, England
Release date: November 5, 2018
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99 - £19.99
Group Buy: Hosted by cooey HERE

01-347739.JPG

02-347739.JPG
03-347739.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. I like that. If they use that logo with the rest styled similarly to the previous 4 that’s look really good.

Do we think there’s going to be a non-4K version or an I just going to have to sell the 4K disc on eBay?
ebay am afraid, unless there is an import option steel

And here's what it'd look like as part of the collection...

View attachment 377925
perfection :)

Reactions: Noodles
Are you a jelly brain? The artwork says TBC on the website. The artwork is never announced at this stage.

Well it looks exactly the same style as the newer "black wave of mediocrity" that Zoom released recently. Even a jelly brain can work out that it will match those in order to try and force us to buy the whole set again. Bloody capitalism is ruining this hobby.

Nice taunt BTW :rofl:

And here's what it'd look like as part of the collection...

View attachment 377925

See, now this is such a perfect set. The new wave sucks (4K or not). I have the first wave and I'm not going to buy the new steelbook for it, but instead sell them on.
I don't understand why previous designs cannot be trumped when you are now releasing a 4K version and an entire matching set? I know it comes back to the studios
and certain artworks that are approved etc but slap the designs of the previous wave onto the 4K editions, add @Noodles concept to it, and bam... stunning!
The only downside there being most of us already have the previous designs of course and the studio isn't going to even look at @Noodles concept (unless you are Marvel studios of course! ;)).

Reactions: Noodles
In favour of this new mock-up ... only this time maybe with a different finish - gloss throughout instead of spot-gloss (black gloss always hits the spot).

Granted, the original trilogy courtesy Zavvi (May, 2015) are better-looking with more going on + better finish but to be frank HMV's JURASSIC WORLD (October, 2015) doesn't match them that well so that set never going to be matching more than three out of five.

Anyway, the other two mock-ups (Italy) have their own issues:-
(a) The 2D steelbook w/ epic artwork more suited to a different canvas - such as a large AO size, A1 size minimum poster - than to a 190mm x 135mm (approx.) steelbook
upload_2018-6-11_4-34-17.png

(b) The 4K steelbook artwork is four years old and was designed in 2014 for THE LOST WORD
upload_2018-6-11_2-52-32.png

As for the logo for JURASSIC PARK: FALLEN KINGDOM - for some reason grey appears to be the colour used on 99% of merchandise. ... seems a pity when compared to my favourite logo ... although the version tweaked by Chris Pugh (site runner at Jurassic Outpost) on the right also hits the spot:-
upload_2018-6-11_13-47-18.png
upload_2018-6-11_13-20-33.png
upload_2018-6-11_13-32-57.png
upload_2018-6-11_13-44-50.png

More details on the 4K steelbook artwork:-
Teaser poster commission by Universal Pictures and executed by Mark Englert back in 2014 for JURASSIC WORLD (in consultation with Chris Johnson UP's 'Director of Experiential Marketing' and the film's director Colin Trevorrow).
photo+5.jpg
photo+1.JPG
jurassic-world-VARIANT-FINAL-DETAIL-02.jpg

jurassic-world-VARIANT-FINAL.jpg

+ variant.
jurassic-world-PROGRESS-01.jpg
jurassic-world-FINAL-DETAIL-02.jpg

jurassic-park-poster-art_taco-belvedere-jurassic-world.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Epic poster
unreel-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-giveaway.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: robbodoc
Now that we've got a complete mock-up of the T-Rex steelbook it seems possible this will be the one we get in the UK too (at least for a 2D only edition).

Still hopeful that the 4K + 2D steelbook is the one in the OP matching the previous four though.

Illustrated 4K steelbook ... cancelled?

Missing front title/JURASSIC PARK logo reinforcing the lack of symbiosis with previous JP steelbooks.

Nice wraparound design ... apart from the obvious issue with the side of the volcano ... hopefully fixed before production.
At first sight I thought "Looks weird with the tail cut off like that" but looking at it closer I it does continue across the spine and on to the back where it's almost completely obscured by the rolling mist.

upload_2018-6-14_12-43-27.png
upload_2018-6-14_12-4-43.png
upload_2018-6-14_12-5-15.png

Last edited:
virkia said:
Nice wraparound design ... apart from the obvious issue with the side of the volcano ... hopefully fixed before production.
At first sight I thought "Looks weird with the tail cut off like that" but looking at it closer I it does continue across the spine and on to the back where it's almost completely obscured by the rolling mist.

View attachment 378535 View attachment 378533 View attachment 378534
No, it doesn't... it's not a proper wraparound. They've used two separate images -- this is the full one, where you can clearly see the entire tail...

DfAerkiXUAA5VbH.jpg

man-with-onions_669798c.jpg

... but to be serious for a minute ... and taking off the blinkers ... the best wraparound art of recent times - the type of wraparound art where two different images are skillfully blended together - has got to be SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING:-
upload_2018-6-15_12-40-23.png

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Id be happy with the artwork that is currently displayed on the HMV site. Hope they dont ruin this one with a dissapointing design.

Which makes it ridiculous. Mist doesn't behave that way. Maybe a fart?

You clearly know better than me how "mist behaves" ... and, yes, your suggestion seems reasonable ...
hqdefault.jpg

In truth, be it mist/smoke from the explosions/fart - doesn't really matter what's shrouding rexy tail because shrouded it certainly is.

• Thanks
Reactions: yy0925 and robbodoc
Already been shown above, the tail is not shrouded at all in the original image..... just badly designed art poorly cropped onto the steel.

26412132-6ECC-4DF8-AABE-AE38CF22C403.jpeg

You clearly know better than me how "mist behaves" ... and, yes, your suggestion seems reasonable ...
hqdefault.jpg

In truth, be it mist/smoke from the explosions/fart - doesn't really matter what's shrouding rexy tail because shrouded it certainly is.

Attachments

• 582F1CE6-F0B8-41F4-BCD8-E5B37559781A.jpeg
    582F1CE6-F0B8-41F4-BCD8-E5B37559781A.jpeg
    236.2 KB · Views: 156
hqdefault.jpg

lol
It's just easier to realise that the back art doesn't contain the tip of the tail unless the fog is also covering that tree/shrub.

On the topic of missing tails ...
Film Arena & Amazon Mexico ... ¡ Ay, carámba !…... strange bedfellows indeed ... w/ poor raptors both missing tails:-
upload_2018-6-15_16-20-34.png
upload_2018-6-15_16-22-13.png

With INDORAPTOR on the back .................................................................................................and ............................................................................. OUTDORAPTOR aka VELOCIRAPTOR on the front:-
upload_2018-6-15_16-27-2.png
upload_2018-6-15_16-36-6.png
upload_2018-6-15_16-38-43.png

Missing dino tails:-
dinosaur-birthday-tails1.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T and robbodoc
It’l be super tough to keep the pre-order of this if they use anything but he logo design.

Sadly, am expecting them to screw us like we got screwed with a change of continuity artwork for Avengers 3 :(

Great art but poor design.
Looks to be a gloss finish . . . shame about the mismatched images . . . spine doesn't help and would've been better in black or in one neutral colour to separate them:-
jurassic-world-2-steelbook.jpg

jurassic-world-2-steelbook3.jpg

jurassic-world-2-steelbook2.jpg

Last edited: