Jurassic World - In theaters June 12, 2015

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Jurassic World (2015)

Tagline: The Park Is Open

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Colin Trevorrow[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Chris Pratt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bryce Dallas Howard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jake M. Johnson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Judy Greer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Vincent D'Onofrio[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nick Robinson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lauren Lapkus[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Omar Sy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]BD Wong[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Irrfan Khan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brian Tee[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ty Simpkins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andy Buckley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Katie McGrath[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-06-12[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Twenty-two years after the events of Jurassic Park, Isla Nublar now features a fully functioning dinosaur theme park, Jurassic World, as originally envisioned by John Hammond.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
upknWa3BHdPLsZuVflphdFVBuwU.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

BT1_Gk5CEAAQfph.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This film looks amazing to me. This is the digital age, so it shouldn't come as a shock that the studio is taking the cheap way out and using more CGI than animatronics. Those days are sadly gone. :(

That said, I have no problem with anything that I see here. It looks super-fun and that's exactly what I want from a film like this. Plus, it's freakin' Jurassic Park! Day 1!!

Even with all the digital whizbangs, what little bit of the storyline conveyed in the trailer is enough to get me all pumped for this movie. Bring it JW!!!

Reactions: tridon
The CGI dinosaurs in the new trailer look good, but not great to me .At the time of it's original release, Jurassic Park had amazing special effects mixed with practical effects. Looks like it's a slight step down in terms of F/X for this one, but I'm just hoping this is better than Jurassic Park 3. Definitely looks to have the most human kill count from the trailer scenes.

Just seen the second trailer and here's my view.

I'm sorry, but the overuse of very 'clean' CGI makes this look like a computer animation film/game, rather than a live action one. Very disappointed, but I never had high hopes in the first place after the first teaser trailer (even though they updated the CGI since).

When the new Dinosaur does the clichéd, roar with it's mouth wide open at the camera (1.55min) and we see its sides/cheeks wibble/wobble/flap, the film lost me at that point, along with the stupid hamster buggies....

And don't tell me its all because of the 'Digital Age', that's not stopping JJ Abrams making practical effects in Star Wars The Force Awakens the primary focus...

But judgement will be reserved for definite after I see the film.

Reactions: harry and lolwut
InGen Technologies: Tomorrow, Today
Today

InGen is all about tomorrow's technology, today. Ever since its founder Dr. John Parker Hammond dreamed up the idea to access prehistoric life from preserved DNA in fossilized amber, InGen's headquarters in San Diego, CA have been busy at work collecting the world's most comprehensive genomic library. Their work paved the way for the first prehistoric animal to be brought back to life in 1984 and since then have learned valuable lessons about control and environmental issues which have helped shape the company into what it is today.

The acquisition of InGen by Masrani in 1998 hasn't changed the scientific focus placed on the company, and CEO Simon Masrani has looked to experienced geneticist Dr. Henry Wu to guide the company ever since - with results often exceeding expectations for investors. Thanks to Masrani, InGen has been reinvented and is bringing tomorrow's science, today.