Kingdom of Heaven (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Czech Republic]

Oct 20, 2011
Kiev, Ukraine
Kingdom of Heaven (Blu-ray Steelbook) [CZ]

film_20499_1.jpg

Release date: October 29, 2014.
Price:

http://www.filmarena.cz/blu-ray-kralovstvi-nebeske-sberatelska-limitovana-edice

That is not artwork for the steelbook; it seems to be separate artwork for a bonus DVD.

You're right. This appears to be the artwork for the bonus disc which I can confirm is being separately packaged.

Having an order for this release pending with film-game.cz, I decided to do some research and came across the site hdmag.cz. By using Google Chrome, I was able to establish the following facts.

The new Blu-ray disc, which I assume is identical to that released in the US containing all 3 cuts of the movie (Theatrical, Director's & Roadshow), does not contain the Czech dub or Czech sub-titles that were originally announced. This is the fault of Fox, not the local distributor, Bontonfilm. Therefore, to make the release more friendly to the local Czech market, they are including the local Blu-ray release of the Theatrical cut from a few years back, which does contain a Czech dub and Czech sub-titles. Apparently, the Czechs got the Theatrical Cut instead of the Director's Cut the rest of us got. It is the addition of this disc which has resulted in the release now being a 3 disc edition, as opposed to the 2 disc edition originally announced. The Steelbook was only equipped to hold 2 discs so the Steelbook will contain the new international disc of all 3 cuts plus the earlier Czech disc of the Theatrical cut. Hence the need to package the bonus disc separately.

It would appear, therefore, that the two new discs will be identical to those contained in the US release which have been confirmed to be Region Code ABC. I'm unaware if the Czech disc is locked or not.

Ultimately, although undoubtedly frustrating to the Czechs who are faced with a local release which doesn't contain the promised Czech dub or Czech sub-titles, those speaking English won't be adversely affected. We get a third disc of the Theatrical cut which, being duplicated on the new disc, we can either swap out and replace with the bonus disc, or we can insert an additional tray into the Steelbook so it will hold all three discs.

I'm providing a link to this article for those wishing to read it in full. It's in Czech so use Google Chrome to translate.

http://www.hdmag.cz/clanek/kralovst...rena-verze-nebude-obsahovat-ceskou-lokalizaci

Not disappointed! The ultimate edition tag line does not bother me as much (would look a lot better not there though, but its ok). The shield looks awesome. I can't tell if it's glossed though?

I have to ask, since there's mention of an "international" disc with several cuts, since that one doesn't include chezc, what languages are there on the "international" disc?
Also, is it G2?
Could totally join the gb once I know these two things.
Thanks a bunch

Cool pics, but could anyone help me with my questions?
The Director's cut disc (seamless, = 3 versions) subtitles: English HI, French and Spanish (similar to the Director's cut released in the US back then). Clearly this disc is intended for the American market. That's the reason why the theatrical cut disc has been added.

This steelbook is a beauty.

EDIT: Audio English only (DTS lossless)

Reactions: Sargast