Horror Chat Last Horror movie watched for Halloween-Join the 2016 watch party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
2016 Last Horror watched.JPG

Hello ninjas!

It's time!

It's that time of year where we get together for our annual hidefninja.com Halloween and horror tradition, and share the latest horror films or tv we've watched. Just jump in to the thread, now until Halloween, and let us know what is making your skin crawl! Recommendations, reviews? Share them!

Plus stay on the lookout for mini-contests and more!

Have fun all!

Last edited:
Went to see Blair Witch last night. Liked it, didn't love it. I can understand now people saying it was a bit of a retread of the first movie, but I still enjoyed it for what it was.

Have Train To Busan lined up for tonight, looking forward to checking this one out.

I find that I was more excited for Blair Witch when it was The Woods. Still looking forward to eventually checking it out, though. Train to Busan, on the other hand... I can not wait to see that!

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
The horror marathon is starting, I watched Eaten Alive from Tobe Hooper.

I was disturbed by the very first minutes. Opening credits. Moon. The soundtrack is goddamn nightmare fuel. Then, Robert Englund tries to **** a prostitute. The prostitute, a lost woman, goes to a hotel. She meets the owner Judd. They have a good time. Bloody hell.

The whole movie isn't as pressuring, but I was convinced. The main thing is about the jolly good fellow Judd and his pet crocodile friend Rocky running a comfy hotel business. They are a good pair. Neville Brand plays Judd heartfully, in a deliciously wacko manner. Maybe he isn't completely pure evil. There are few moments where you need to seriously think whether the old guy deserves your tiny amount of pity or not. He's a total murderous maniac, but then again... geez.

This world is painted in red and orange which looks as intimidating as the sun slowly going down in our previous visit to Texas. Later comes menacing blue. Eaten Alive is highly stylish trash and I say that in a fully positive way. I didn't expect it do miracles, though it's still quite glorious the way it is. I wanted to escape, but the highest achievement would have been to feel an urge to let myself get eaten just to get out.

Eaten Alive was Hooper's second film and also turned out to be a continuation of showing the audience the twisted, deranged side of rural surroundings. I seriously don't/do want to visit Texas, depending on which mood I'm in. Sure it might have problems with occasionally sluggish pace and some campy acting (if you care to be bothered by such things), but it still is a perfect treat for the fans of Hooper and cult horror cinema. Although I still would make the film shorter, cutting about 20 minutes off would make the experience more striking.

Texas. Maybe next year all the horror lunatics should gather there in October and watch movies the whole month. And then get killed. Beautiful.

• Thanks
Same here! Really looking forward to that one. Where are you watching that @Strangerbyday ?

A friend of mine had a screener copy of it (which I believe he had in relation to it showing at the Horrorthon festival here later this month.)

I really enjoyed it a lot, so much so that I've stuck an order in on Amazon UK for it (though I hope that 24.99 price tag comes way down before release.)

Tonight I've got What We Do In The Shadows & As Above, So Below lined up, both movies I've never seen.

• Thanks
View attachment 267951
Picked this up from Amazon.es for €12

Includes all the features from the 30th Anniversary Edition from Twilight and DTS-MA 5.1 audio

Not actually seen this since the late 80's to be honest. I picked up the DVD but never got round to watching it. Anyway, BD arrived yesterday so I watched it and absolutely loved it! Kicking myself for not watching it sooner! I loved the 3D remake but this is just brilliant! Will order the sequel next month (also €12 on Amazon.es)
Nice find mate! I've been after the sequel for a while but could only find the German Mediabook. This is a much better price!:)

A friend of mine had a screener copy of it (which I believe he had in relation to it showing at the Horrorthon festival here later this month.)

I really enjoyed it a lot, so much so that I've stuck an order in on Amazon UK for it (though I hope that 24.99 price tag comes way down before release.)

Tonight I've got What We Do In The Shadows & As Above, So Below lined up, both movies I've never seen.

I'm up in the mountains with very little signal but I'll try and make a reply;)

When I posted the Amazon link yesterday, Train To Busan was £16;) Must have gone up today. :p

Last edited:
I tried to watch Ash vs the ED, watched 2 episodes and gave up. It seemed to be the same thing all the time. nothing new

I tried to watch Ash vs the ED, watched 2 episodes and gave up. It seemed to be the same thing all the time. nothing new

The last half of the first season was great, Rick. It has the classic Evil Dead vibe to it. I do hear what you're saying, though. I thought the season was funny as a whole, but it didn't really take off until closer to the end.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ricker
Had planned on watching a horror movie every day of October but got derailed yesterday as I had to watch The Commitments for its 25th anniversary (I'm Irish so of course I had to!)

Still, I watched the majority of Ash Vs. Evil Dead season 1 so I'll count that one. I'm enjoying it an awful lot. I get the whole "nothing new" thing, but it definitely has that classic Evil Dead feel to it so its ok in my books. Plus its gory as hell. The scene in the diner in episode 6 was a standout for me so far. Only 2 episodes left to go for the season.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Ricker
Had planned on watching a horror movie every day of October but got derailed yesterday as I had to watch The Commitments for its 25th anniversary (I'm Irish so of course I had to!)

Still, I watched the majority of Ash Vs. Evil Dead season 1 so I'll count that one. I'm enjoying it an awful lot. I get the whole "nothing new" thing, but it definitely has that classic Evil Dead feel to it so its ok in my books. Plus its gory as hell. The scene in the diner in episode 6 was a standout for me so far. Only 2 episodes left to go for the season.

The two best episodes are ahead! ;)

My list so far.. #31NightsOfHorror2016

1--The Alien Quadrilogy
2--The Birds
3--The Car and Christine
4--Drag Me To Hell
5--The Exorcist
6--The Funhouse

That's an awesome list so far!

Reactions: rj531
Status
Not open for further replies.