Horror Chat Last Horror movie watched for Halloween-Join the 2016 watch party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
2016 Last Horror watched.JPG

Hello ninjas!

It's time!

It's that time of year where we get together for our annual hidefninja.com Halloween and horror tradition, and share the latest horror films or tv we've watched. Just jump in to the thread, now until Halloween, and let us know what is making your skin crawl! Recommendations, reviews? Share them!

Plus stay on the lookout for mini-contests and more!

Have fun all!

Last edited:
The two best episodes are ahead! ;)

You were right, final two episodes are awesome! Really enjoyed the first season as a whole.

Last two nights I watched Spring (which I thought was great, wasn't sure what to expect at first but I ended up loving it) & then last night I watched Predator. Not sure if its really counted, but I always thought of it as an Action Horror movie.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Watched Victor Frankenstein the other day it was surprisingly good. I had never seen the film (doesn't usually bother me) but I was bit put off by the many bad reviews but once again having watched it now I don't really understand the criticism. I found it very very good, extremely watchable, very moving performances by Radcliffe and McAvoy.

• Thanks
The Boy, it has so much potential till Michael Myers shows up. :D I was hoping it will be like The Babadook.
(Like having a monster as a friend or as a pet).

Goosebumps, good enough to make my final 6 horror watchathon on Halloween.

• Thanks
Hellraiser was the last one for me.

Have The Silence of the Lambs lined up for later (which always seems to be listed as a horror so I guess it counts.) Haven't seen it in a couple of years so looking forward to giving it a watch again.

• Thanks
So far watched

• The conjuring 2 - not bad, not as good as the first. 2 moments ruined it for me though
Before I wake - pretty crappy. Nuff said
The green inferno - could of been better but got a soft spot for Eli plus I forgot I've already seen it but a lot I didn't remember
Lights out - loved the short and the film definately freaked me out a little but the acting was a bit channel 5.
The neon demon - by far my favourite, f*cking loved it but it's not really a horror until the last 20 mins

Got many more to watch but not sure what yet. Would like to see the new Blair witch too

• Thanks

Kristy was freakin' excellent!! :thumbs:

Green room is from the director of blue ruin? I'm definately watching it then. Blue ruin was incredible, wanted a steel of that

Might give orphan and Kirsty a go from your Insta reviews

Also the gallows just to check out the unnecessary plot twist - I'm oddly intriugued

Green room is from the director of blue ruin? I'm definately watching it then. Blue ruin was incredible, wanted a steel of that

Might give orphan and Kirsty a go from your Insta reviews

Also the gallows just to check out the unnecessary plot twist - I'm oddly intriugued

Yup! Jeremy Saulnier apparently likes naming his movies after colours. :p

Green Room is great, but not as great as Blue Ruin. That said, Blue Ruin's lead actor, Macon Blair, also plays a role in Green Room. Give it a shot and let us know what you think.

As for Kristy, I'm a sucker for films where evilgoers go after a young woman thinking that she'll be a seemingly easy target... and then she fights back beyond belief. I LOVE those films! So yeah, Kristy is worth a watch if you're into those, too. It's like a less-gorier version of The Strangers meets You're Next. And the soundtrack is great!

The Gallows... oh, boy. Have fun with that. :p

I'm more old school when it comes to horror movies, I do watch new releases as well but you can't beat 70s and 80s horror

Yeah, the horror of the 70s and the 80s will always be superb, but there's some new-age gems out there, too. Most of my horror-watching has gone to the 70s and 80s, so I've been using this Halloween to catch up on more-recent horror flicks.

• Thanks
Reactions: ghost1 and Flloydo
So far watched

• The conjuring 2 - not bad, not as good as the first. 2 moments ruined it for me though
The neon demon - by far my favourite, f*cking loved it but it's not really a horror until the last 20 mins

I agree with The Conjuring, the first was definitely the better of the two. What annoyed me is the tease at the end of the first didn't pay off in the second.
I think the movie would have been infinitely more interesting if they'd focused it entirely on the Amityville haunting instead of Enfield. Only showing Amityville briefly annoyed me, as thats the case I'd like to see done (even though there's been a couple of different Amityville movies already.)
I hope they make a third one all the same & have it focused on the Connecticut case & just leave it there. A nice trilogy of middle-of-the-road horror movies.

Also fully agree with The Neon Demon, it blew my mind when I watched it a few weeks back. Wasn't sure what to expect from it but I loved every second of it!

Last two horrors for me were The Visit (which I absolutely hated, a pointless exercise in nothingness) & Poltergeist last night, which I could barely remember as its been maybe 15 years or more since I last saw it, but I really enjoyed it. Have a double bill lined up for tonight, The Burning and Prom Night. Never seen either of them so really looking forward to checking them out.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and tridon
Yup! Jeremy Saulnier apparently likes naming his movies after colours. :p

Green Room is great, but not as great as Blue Ruin. That said, Blue Ruin's lead actor, Macon Blair, also plays a role in Green Room. Give it a shot and let us know what you think.

As for Kristy, I'm a sucker for films where evilgoers go after a young woman thinking that she'll be a seemingly easy target... and then she fights back beyond belief. I LOVE those films! So yeah, Kristy is worth a watch if you're into those, too. It's like a less-gorier version of The Strangers meets You're Next. And the soundtrack is great!

The Gallows... oh, boy. Have fun with that. :p

Yeah, the horror of the 70s and the 80s will always be superb, but there's some new-age gems out there, too. Most of my horror-watching has gone to the 70s and 80s, so I've been using this Halloween to catch up on more-recent horror flicks.

Cool, well I'll try and check them out

I agree with The Conjuring, the first was definitely the better of the two. What annoyed me is the tease at the end of the first didn't pay off in the second.
I think the movie would have been infinitely more interesting if they'd focused it entirely on the Amityville haunting instead of Enfield. Only showing Amityville briefly annoyed me, as thats the case I'd like to see done (even though there's been a couple of different Amityville movies already.)
I hope they make a third one all the same & have it focused on the Connecticut case & just leave it there. A nice trilogy of middle-of-the-road horror movies.

Also fully agree with The Neon Demon, it blew my mind when I watched it a few weeks back. Wasn't sure what to expect from it but I loved every second of it!

Last two horrors for me were The Visit (which I absolutely hated, a pointless exercise in nothingness) & Poltergeist last night, which I could barely remember as its been maybe 15 years or more since I last saw it, but I really enjoyed it. Have a double bill lined up for tonight, The Burning and Prom Night. Never seen either of them so really looking forward to checking them out.

I did put in the uk steel thread my thoughts on conjuring 2 in a spoiler but I'll mention a few points again

I thought the was the amityville part was filmed was amazing and also the scene when they have to look away and the girl is turning into bill. Loved that.
The scene in his art room with Vera was well done too and freaky but the thing that ruined it and put me and my mate off was the dog turning into jack skeleton and then when he appears with sharp teeth and top hat - that was just silly and weird animation. Ruined the feel of the film for me but like you say I'll welcome a third becaue for mainstream commercial horror they are well made. Which is hard in this day and age

Yeah neon demon just blew me away. Again wrote quite a lot on that in the film thread in spoilers but that ending was just epic - well the last 20 mins. I 100% prefered it to only god forgives and I think I like it more than drive. But I like strong female films like that and deathproof etc

I actually liked the visit. But I'm a sucker for hand helds

Okay so the last 24 hours I watched

Not sure if both these are horror but they are supposed to be scary I think. Plus sharks are f*cking scary anyway

The shallows - not a bad film with some great imagery at times and Blake is okay I suppose but there are some weird moments for example the whale. but this is also ruined by the comical deep blue sea style ending (in fact I think it was one of the Sharks that escaped that facility lol).

the Europa report - a bit of a slow burner but quite well made with some decent acting. Pays off to a degree but would like to of seen a bit more.......

• Thanks
Watched 'The Shallows' today. Really enjoyed it, pretty intense!
Agreed! Blake Lively was awesome in it and it had a great-looking shark. Very intense film!
Yeah, I was not a huge fan of her before, but really liked her in this. That shark was a bad mutha!

Hah, watched it too as I just mentioned, but I'm on the fence with it, well made and all but the shark has a grudge that I just couldn't believe and that ending had me and my mate in hysterics

Not sure if I like Blake though

• Thanks
Status
Not open for further replies.