UK
Release date: November 10th, 2014
Purchase link: Let Me In
Price: £14.99
Notes: Ultra limited print run

10997013-1410523581-597977.jpg

10997013-1410523581-598011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really nice that you all are the chosen ones to get 10% off codes. That's really excellent. Well done Zavvi for choosing a special few :thumbs:

Reactions: Skog
This poster would be good artwork.
fantastic_fest_2010_let_me_in_movie_poster.jpg

Also Elias Koteas who gives the best performance in the film should have his name listed on the poster, a great and totally underrated actor.
let-me-in-9.jpg
500full.jpg

For Kermode and others_

FROM JOHN AJVIDE LINDQVIST:
"I might just be the luckiest writer alive.
To have not only one, but two excellent versions of my debut novel done for the screen feels unreal.
Let the right one in is a great Swedish movie.
Let me in is a great American movie.
There are notable similarities and the spirit of Tomas Alfredson is present. But Let me in puts the emotional pressure in different places and stands firmly on its own legs. Like the Swedish movie it made me cry, but not at the same points.
Let me in is a dark and violent love story, a beautiful piece of cinema and a respectful rendering of my novel for which I am grateful. Again."
The film also received kudos from the master of horror himself: Stephen King.
FROM STEPHEN KING:
"'Let Me In' is a genre-busting triumph. Not just a horror film, but the best American horror film in the last 20 years. Whether you're a teenager or a film-lover in your 50s, you'll be knocked out. Rush to it now. You can thank me later."

Reactions: psychoscot
people who order a lot don't get any discount codes but people who haven't bought in a real long time they do get codes ... doesn't seem logic to me but hey it's zavvi we're talking about :)

Reactions: Skog
Couple of questions: How many copies do Zavvi normally distribute on their ultra limited print runs??
Also; is the film any good??! I confess to not having seen it as of yet but have pre ordered this steel...

people who order a lot don't get any discount codes but people who haven't bought in a real long time they do get codes ... doesn't seem logic to me but hey it's zavvi we're talking about :)

I don't get codes to my email address I order from but I do to my work email which I never order from - may be worth having a second email address.

Original film is a masterpiece. Let Me In is very good for a remake but lacks the beauty, emotion, and subtlety.

Not a fan of the front artwork. There were absolutely beautiful posters released for the film. Back is nice.

So I'll be passing on this.

This would look amazing if it was gloss. Or even some spot gloss. Crying out for it!
Don't get your hopes up
Icon UK are new to steelbooks so with all recent ones been matte finish I expect the same

Be great if they went with a gloss finish for future releases as they have had decent artwork so far with their steelbooks and they would have been better with gloss finish

What I like to see happen considering the Hammer Films connection as they are the UK distributor for Hammer Films now is they get the rights to all of the back catalogue of hammer films at some stage and be great to see all the classic hammer films get steelbook releases which to be honest I'm very surprised StudioCanal or Lionsgate did not do this with the films they got the rights to from hammer which were distributed on behalf of Icon as they had distribution deals with these companies before Icon UK Distribution started doing the releases themselves for the UK

Last edited:
Reactions: psychoscot
Icon UK are new to steelbooks so with all recent ones been matte finish I expect the same

I think you're forgetting the three HMV exclusives they released a few years ago (The Devil's Double, Drive and Transporter 3).