Life (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #53) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: July 6, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular - One Click (Pre-order June 16 at 2 PM Korea Time)
Price: $34.99 (Individual editions) - $69 (One Click)
Note: 700 Full Slip - 800 Lenti
Group buy: Hosted by cooey One Click - Lenticular - Full Slip

18951111_2104037273156812_7888124099519202822_n.jpg 18920205_2104037303156809_8386935287173614185_n.jpg
14973364730322534.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
What were they doing at quality control?? I can´t believe it, looks like massive problem, wonder how they deal with this issue.

What were they doing at quality control?? I can´t believe it, looks like massive problem, wonder how they deal with this issue.

I very much doubt they/he will be able to do much. Kimchi certainly have some spare slips, but I'd be surprised if they hadn't this problem as well. Seems like a production issue, which could probably affect a whole batch if not all of the slips.
To stress it again, after having unsealed my copy today, I immediately felt something was wrong with this, like not up to the usual high standard of KimchiDVD. The scuffs, the glue residue, the lifting foiling... all screams "rushed job". To be fair, I've seen that lifting of foil on other slips as well, predominately around smaller embossed areas (i.e. embossed titles on slip spines), but I've never seen it flaking off like that. That's a first.

In a grim sense of humor: it seems like the Lenticular Slip would have been the better choice after all! :LOL:

I very much doubt they/he will be able to do much. Kimchi certainly have some spare slips, but I'd be surprised if they hadn't this problem as well. Seems like a production issue, which could probably affect a whole batch if not all of the slips.
To stress it again, after having unsealed my copy today, I immediately felt something was wrong with this, like not up to the usual high standard of KimchiDVD. The scuffs, the glue residue, the lifting foiling... all screams "rushed job". To be fair, I've seen that lifting of foil on other slips as well, predominately around smaller embossed areas (i.e. embossed titles on slip spines), but I've never seen it flaking off like that. That's a first.

In a grim sense of humor: it seems like the Lenticular Slip would have been the better choice after all! :LOL:

I should of mentioned it in here myself the other day but where I always seem to have issues I thought it would be another case of Flloydo being too OCD and was going to wait until I got a response from him. Then I noticed it in all the other photos and insta videos. I even told @Noodles about it and said to him I was worried about contacting Tony after what happened with my last issue

I noticed it on mine a few hours after I posted my pics (you can see it on the side of my first pic). So I should of mentioned it in here days ago but was origianly worried it was just me moaning lol

Its weird though because I've never seen the flaking before like you say but why just with this slip. The image continues a little round the fold so I did wonder if it was because of that but I'm sure I have other slips where the spot gloss carries on round the fold a little. Very odd

These pictures are shocking

I was hoping the issues with It Follows would be the end of the quality control/bad CS problems with Kimchi but I guess not

Makes me really appreciate how much money I spend on retailers like HDzeta, Manta, and Kevin from Blufans who are always doing their best to rectify any and all issues that arise

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
For my GB guys, I'll be sent replacement slips.

For people who ordered direct, I advise emailing in and a replacement slipcase should be provided.

Good for those who ordered through your GB. :thumbs:
No reply to my inquiry yet (sent yesterday, in the morning).

As this is now affecting many, Kimchi have now responded.

They did? I haven't seen a statement. But maybe I just misunderstood you.

Good for those who ordered through your GB. :thumbs:
No reply to my inquiry yet (sent yesterday, in the morning).

They did? I haven't seen a statement. But maybe I just misunderstood you.

Please check Matt's post above. I think Tony responded because Matt probably has a good rapport with him :) For those who ordered direct, the only way is to email and play the waiting game. I am sure this time, Tony won't keep us waiting for a long time as this has affected many.

Got you. I read this, of course. After your comment I thought there had been some official statement been put on Facebook or somewhere else, announcing a replacement for all, not just the GB partakers.
I don't think I'll get a reply. Slowly losing hope after the debacle with Hell or High Water.

@
For my GB guys, I'll be sent replacement slips.

For people who ordered direct, I advise emailing in and a replacement slipcase should be provided.
Yea i just get email from Tony, very smooth and easy, I can return the copy and i will.
Got you. I read this, of course. After your comment I thought there had been some official statement been put on Facebook or somewhere else, announcing a replacement for all, not just the GB partakers.
I don't think I'll get a reply. Slowly losing hope after the debacle with Hell or High Water.

I'm Shocked, also had a reply and told me they will ship an empty slip

See, I think you guys are little bit paranoic about Tony/kimchi CS. I dont think he banned anybody, he is just terribly busy with all those emails coming at him.

Mate he blocked my old account. No lie or joke. Cooey can back me up there

Never replied to any of my old emails when I asked why either when before that issue if I had a problem he used to reply

I was only paranoid this time because of the last time which resulted in a blocked account