Life (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #53) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: July 6, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular - One Click (Pre-order June 16 at 2 PM Korea Time)
Price: $34.99 (Individual editions) - $69 (One Click)
Note: 700 Full Slip - 800 Lenti
Group buy: Hosted by cooey One Click - Lenticular - Full Slip

18951111_2104037273156812_7888124099519202822_n.jpg 18920205_2104037303156809_8386935287173614185_n.jpg
14973364730322534.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up the full slip at the post office today:

life01.jpg

life02.jpg life03.jpg

life04.jpg

I think it's a very good full slip, but not as great as my last purchase from their exclusive line-up, Arrival. Maybe I expected a bit too much after that amazing edition. I'm sure "Life" will look even better when unsealed, though.

Last edited:
Some more pictures, this time unwrapped:

Unfortunately upon close(r) insprection, I found quite some defects on the slipcover and the steelbook, see the pictures in the spoiler:

The glossy foil is brittle and comes off the slip. You can see this in the pictures I've posted yesterday, too. I didn't notice it then and until this morning I thought it was just a wrinkle in the shrink wrapping.

Now that the shrink wrap is removed, there's no mistaking anymore. I'm afraid even more will come off gradually.

The slip has noticeable glue residue on its sides plus some scuff marks.

Additionally, the steelbook has two very prominent, deep scratches. I can actually feel them through the shrink wrapping. If it was the picture of the broken visor, those scratches wouldn't worry me, I guess...

Not very happy at all. Especially when I think about contacting Tony, who stills hasn't responded about my missing/returned order of Hell or High Water.

Sucks big time!

Some more pictures, this time unwrapped:

Unfortunately upon close(r) insprection, I found quite some defects on the slipcover and the steelbook, see the pictures in the spoiler:

The glossy foil is brittle and comes off the slip. You can see this in the pictures I've posted yesterday, too. I didn't notice it then and until this morning I thought it was just a wrinkle in the shrink wrapping.

Now that the shrink wrap is removed, there's no mistaking anymore. I'm afraid even more will come off gradually.

The slip has noticeable glue residue on its sides plus some scuff marks.

Additionally, the steelbook has two very prominent, deep scratches. I can actually feel them through the shrink wrapping. If it was the picture of the broken visor, those scratches wouldn't worry me, I guess...

Not very happy at all. Especially when I think about contacting Tony, who stills hasn't responded about my missing/returned order of Hell or High Water.

Sucks big time!

Yea I noticed these too, I thought I was alone so I have emailed kimchi/ Tony the other day but I expect it to be ignored. Not happy about it

I then checked other photos and videos posted and noticed a lot have these marks so it looks like most will have them

I'm going off kimchi now anyway. Awful customer service I've received this year and he ignored my emails at the start of the year regarding a damaged steelbook and then blocked my account.
They was my favourite but bad CS, constant defects and a blocked account has put me off them massively

My copy:

image.jpeg

Yea I noticed these too, I thought I was alone so I have emailed kimchi/ Tony the other day but I expect it to be ignored. Not happy about it

I then checked other photos and videos posted and noticed a lot have these marks so it looks like most will have them

I'm going off kimchi now anyway. Awful customer service I've received this year and he ignored my emails at the start of the year regarding a damaged steelbook and then blocked my account.
They was my favourite but bad CS, constant defects and a blocked account has put me off them massively

My copy:

View attachment 322661
Damn man, that sucks! And he's blocked your account for complaining?? :wtf: You're not the first member I've heard say this though.. :cautious::bag:

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and Flloydo
Damn man, that sucks! And he's blocked your account for complaining?? :wtf: You're not the first member I've heard say this though.. :cautious::bag:

Yeah, I heard it happening before and I hadn't had to email him/ them in about 10 months (well since it follows I think it was) but I had a damaged dory steel a few months back so I emailed, never heard anything back then went to log in couple of days before hell or high water pre order and couldn't get in. Emailed him a couple of times asking why and was just ignored. So I set up a new account and used that for hell or high water, arrival and life. But I'm really not happy about the damage on life so I emailed them on Friday and I wouldn't be surprised if that account has been blocked (haven't checked yet)

Shame because they were top of the list for me but because of all that and manta and blufans getting better with each release they have gone below them now and dropping further

that's why I'll never order from kimchi directly again. I messaged Tony about my damaged The Incredibles Full Slip and he wanted to see pics. Of course I sent him pics and after that, he never responded to any other emails. customer service at its best!

Not that I'm going to defend too much as I have problems also, but it's only Tony who deals with all the customer service issues....one guy, nobody else. It's obvious he needs to have at least another person help him out as no doubt with the amount of emails he must get on a daily basis must be ridiculous. I don't get the whole ban thing though when you bad mouth them.....everyone is allowed to voice their own opinion and companies have to take it on the chin and make improvements when and where they can

Not that I'm going to defend too much as I have problems also, but it's only Tony who deals with all the customer service issues....one guy, nobody else. It's obvious he needs to have at least another person help him out as no doubt with the amount of emails he must get on a daily basis must be ridiculous. I don't get the whole ban thing though when you bad mouth them.....everyone is allowed to voice their own opinion and companies have to take it on the chin and make improvements when and where they can

Well said and I agree

You know about my issues anyway as we have spoke in private about them and you know how i feel about his CS and I understand it might be overwhelming for him at times to deal with issues which is why he needs help if that is the case. I feel like his option is ban and then he don't have to deal with that person anymore which is so bad

When I was being ignored for locking my account I was only asking for a reason why and never even got that. I think I sent you those emails but it's worrying if you do have issues with slips like this or badly damaged/ scratched, dented steels that there is no way to sort them out yet some people get replies from him. Awful for loyal customers who spend a lot of money on their packages

I've seen some say the same about nova but luckily any issues I've had they have sorted out and quickly replied too.

Shocked to hear about this. If one man feels capable of running a line of exclusives, he should be able to fulfil those orders. What I mean is, Kimchidvd is obviously a successful company, he needs to hire more people if its necessary. I'm not going to sympathise with the man who is obviously doing quite well (not that anybody is asking me to) while consumers are left with damaged products.