Purchase link: Maleficent (sold-out)
Price: £24.99
Notes: 4,000 copies, Full gloss finish

01.jpg

02.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg
Maleficent.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zavvi shipped a product when they KNEW it was not what they were advertising. Spain shipped a product with the correct picture. Zavvi is 100% at fault.

We can agree to disagree on this. It's funny, cause I'm definitely not a Zavvi fan when it comes most of their practices, but I just don't see Zavvi being "100% at fault". Even if it was 95%/5%, it's hard to believe 100%.

Reactions: justhedudeman
snooloui.....i swear to god you are somehow affliated to Zavvi????

how the hell can you defend the indefensible?????

this fiasco puts the V For Vendetta fiasco in the the daycare nursery!!

I am going to put Zavvi to the sword with Trading Standards over this....AND I'M DEMANDING THAT ZAVVI GIVE ME A 50% REFUND AS WELL.....they think they can take £25 of my hard earned money and send me something completely different from what they advertise on their website....change the artwork AFTER it has been shipped and offer the MOST LIMP-WRISTED EXCUSE OF AN APOLOGY on Instagram!!!:muted::muted::muted:

I swear the mob could learn a s***load of stuff from those w***ers at Zavvi!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

every single time YOU defend Zavvi...what is it with you????

Zavvi shipped a product when they KNEW it was not what they were advertising. Spain shipped a product with the correct picture. Zavvi is 100% at fault.

How do you know this? You have ignored the rational posts which offer potential explanations and seem intent on posting unfounded accusations.

zavvi's item order page was 100% COMPLETELY false and misleading. they should not have charged and shipped once they knew the steelbook would be black. zavvi is the retailer and they are responsible. this is a huge fail. a MONUMENTAL fail.

i think i was pretty naive about how zavvi is run. i imagined their offices being inside or at least just by their warehouse/s. i imagined them having direct access to everything they sale.

but the more i hear, the more i get the idea that zavvi's admin are completely severed from the products they are selling. maybe the offices are on the other side of the country to where the warehouses are. im getting the impression of a company that is totally out of touch with its merchandise.

even so, its not a massive stretch of the imagination to envisage somebody from zavvis admin, picking up the phone and calling the warehouse to confirm the colour of one particular item, is it? or is that asking too much

i saw zavvi tweet an image of the maleficent steel earlier, and it shocked me that they actually have a camera. why dont they use them more? why does it take mass hysteria on twitter and in forums for them to be motivated enough to take one solitary picture?

I myself am happy its the black steelbook. If you dont like it, just send it back for a refund. All the fussing is not going to magically turn the steelbook white. I get it, people are unhappy about being misled, but there simply is nothing you can do other than to return it.

I'm really chuffed with this release and whilst its different from the picture advertised I'm still happy.

I find it surprising people get sooo angry and feel a multi million pound company has time or resource to "strategically" make decisions that are expressed in these posts.

They would have posted the images they were given, as they do with all products. These images would only get updated if provided by the supplier and they had resource and time to update the product.

The joy of steel book collecting!

It's odd this error occurred considering the relationship Zavvi and Disney have.

They should never have been provided with the white mock-up in the first place. However, mock-ups are often wide of the mark, a problem happening more and more as so many of us seemingly want to be able to pre-order movies before they've even hit the cinema.

Once the black design had been finalised, Zavvi should have updated their image so we knew what we were getting. Whether or not they were provided the image by Disney, I don't know, but they certainly should have been. If they weren't, then unfortunately, it's not like Zavvi could just cut and paste the image from another website.

It did seem odd that no other images were available on Zavvi's website, but it's hardly uncommon. The Punisher, Demons and Moon (to name 3 from Zavvi's homepage) show no back or interior art.

They did cover themselves with the 'artwork subject to change' disclaimer. Usually it doesn't matter as the image is (basically) the same. This time it isn't.

All that said, many of us have ordered steelbooks based on mock-ups and assumptions. Sometimes it pans out, sometimes it doesn't. I know a few were surprised that the French X-Men: DoFP had a purple banner on it even though it was shown with one. Other recent Fox released hadn't had printed banners on the actual product.

It's unfortunate that some ordered the Spanish version which is basically the same and are now stuck with them. Been there, done that. I ordered the Korean Iron Man 2 at great expense not thinking a better version would come along. I preferred the Play.com version so bought that one too. It happens.

All I can say, is send a copy back. Whichever one you don't want. Argue that the item isn't as described and hope that Zavvi doesn't bring up the subject to change disclaimer.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: apsmith21
"We apologise to anyone who feels misled by the white cover artwork previously displayed on our website but hope that you guys prefer this version as much as we do!"

WHERE DO I EVEN START WITH THIS!!!!!!

Anyone who FEELS misled??? What about EVERYBODY who WAS misled into thinking they were getting a white gloss steelbook with different cover art!!!!

Previously displayed!!! How about PERMANENTLY displayed beyond charging people their hard earned money and dispatching said product until changing the artwork this afternoon....4 DAYS AFTER DISPATCHING!!!!

prefer this version as much as we do!!!! Well thank you Zavvi...that makes it all ok then!!!! You utter f***ers!!!!!

just you wait until Trading Standards get their mitts into you...i'm going to try and get f***ing refunds for everybody who wants one through Trading Standards!!!

Zavvi SHOULD NOT be allowed to get away with this scandalous treatment of their customer base...who spend hundreds, if not thousands on this hobby, obsession...whatever we call it!!

Zavvi...the home of Steelbookz!!! the home of immoral, thieving, lying w***ers morelike!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

How do you know this? You have ignored the rational posts which offer potential explanations and seem intent on posting unfounded accusations.

I have ignored nothing. Zavvi sent out a product not allowing customers to cancel when they were very well aware of what the product looked like. They are 100% at fault for doing so.

Reactions: goufcustom
Folks, I understand being upset. I'm disappointed as well.

But if someone is a member here and takes a different side than you, let's not make our disappointment personal please.

That's where it should stop. :stop:

Take a moment, take a break from the thread, run around your neighborhood for 20 minutes screaming (well maybe not loudly), whatever you've got to do to make it better for yourself...that's what needs to happen.

Everyone is free to express their opinion, just not take it to a personal level and / or attack another member.

Thanks again for your consideration and continued feedback.

snooloui.....i swear to god you are somehow affliated to Zavvi????

how the hell can you defend the indefensible?????

this fiasco puts the V For Vendetta fiasco in the the daycare nursery!!

I am going to put Zavvi to the sword with Trading Standards over this....AND I'M DEMANDING THAT ZAVVI GIVE ME A 50% REFUND AS WELL.....they think they can take £25 of my hard earned money and send me something completely different from what they advertise on their website....change the artwork AFTER it has been shipped and offer the MOST LIMP-WRISTED EXCUSE OF AN APOLOGY on Instagram!!!:muted::muted::muted:

I swear the mob could learn a s***load of stuff from those w***ers at Zavvi!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

every single time YOU defend Zavvi...what is it with you????

Are you presently on any kind of medication? You can certainly use some.

zavvi's item order page was 100% COMPLETELY false and misleading. they should not have charged and shipped once they knew the steelbook would be black. zavvi is the retailer and they are responsible. this is a huge fail. a MONUMENTAL fail.

That doesn't prove that any Zavvi employees were aware and therefore lied. It is definitely possible but I don't think it's okay to make accusations unless you have proof. It is all just speculation right now and unless Zavvi reveal the real reason why this occurred (which I think is very unlikely), it is all it will ever be.

Reactions: justhedudeman
I don't understand why some people think its not Zavvi's fault. Customer are buying from Zavvi directly and not Disney so IT IS Zavvi's fault. Just that straight forward.

Example of some basic professional behavior is JSDVD when they had a slightly faulty Lion King steelbook. Most recent example is I saw the devil from Plain Archive yesterday. I like Zavvi and I have not personally purchased this steelbook but the people who are blaming Zavvi for this debacle are rightly doing so.

What baffles me the most is where did Zavvi get the mock up picture of the white steelbook from???? It doesn't even exist!!!!

I'm sorry but people can throw up as many flimsy excuses for Zavvi as they can dream up, but this is a huge blunder....

What was Zavvi's actual reason? I haven't seen the Instagram post.

Reactions: harry and Bluprint