Purchase link: Maleficent (sold-out)
Price: £24.99
Notes: 4,000 copies, Full gloss finish

01.jpg

02.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg
Maleficent.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would disagree on this, it's a lovely steelbook, and what Kimchi did with it brought it to another level. Only the Kimchi one I think they brought the best out of that steel but it is a matter of simple taste. If the Steelbook would have been that awful, it would not have sold out the way it did and Kimchi's ones were going up to 300$ on bay...lenti and 1/4... but we can agree to disagree as collectors we all have different taste reason why there's diversification in releases so it's not a bad thing to not agree

Frozen did not have anything special other than kimchi exclusive sticker and slip. The good thing ended right there.

Frozen did not have anything special other than kimchi exclusive sticker and slip. The good thing ended right there.

but they still did a killer slip both with the 1/4 and the lenti, back artwork all in Korean just superb, bonus cards and that numbering cards that is so freakin' adorable, and not to forget it wasn't a WEA, same as Nova did with EOT not Wea either... but Kimchi knows how to take a regular steel and to give it a makeover...they did pretty good, all sold for a very high premium on bay after

but like I said before if you didn't read that part, lets agree to disagree !

Reactions: charlie1533pr
but they still did a killer slip both with the 1/4 and the lenti, back artwork all in Korean just superb, bonus cards and that numbering cards that is so freakin' adorable, and not to forget it wasn't a WEA, same as Nova did with EOT not Wea either... but Kimchi knows how to take a regular steel and to give it a makeover...they did pretty good, all sold for a very high premium on bay after

but like I said before if you didn't read that part, lets agree to disagree !

I did read that part. And I am not making any argument, just writing what I feel about frozen kimchi and why I don't count extras when making a decision for steelbook purchase. :)

Back on this Maleficent, I wished I had pulled the trigger when I had a chance but too many purchases this month hold me back. Now trying to hunt one :(

Back on Topic, since I didn't get my steel of Maleficent yet, it's on it's way, I'm opening a Korean Maleficent Slipcover Amaray to watch it tomorrow for the 2nd time :)

Back on Topic, since I didn't get my steel of Maleficent yet, it's on it's way, I'm opening a Korean Maleficent Slipcover Amaray to watch it tomorrow for the 2nd time :)

To be honest once I see pics of the steel the only reason I come back to these threads is for the off topic discussions. ;):p

Reactions: Thelite13
Mine arrived mint too, sorry for those of you that got scratched ones.

I don't mind the back being plain black, it's the front and overall finish that brings this up to a whole other level. The embossing of the horns and title, combined with the debossing of Angelina's face and the slight colour change effect on her skin and eyes is just outstanding.

I can't say if it's steelbook of the year, but compared with some of the less than amazing steelbooks this year has seen (Robocop, Thor: TDW and Frozen - all UK) it's got to be near the top.

Reactions: StifflersDad
Mine arrived mint too, sorry for those of you that got scratched ones.

I don't mind the back being plain black, it's the front and overall finish that brings this up to a whole other level. The embossing of the horns and title, combined with the debossing of Angelina's face and the slight colour change effect on her skin and eyes is just outstanding.

I can't say if it's steelbook of the year, but compared with some of the less than amazing steelbooks this year has seen (Robocop, Thor: TDW and Frozen - all UK) it's got to be near the top.

Of the steels I have purchased this year it's either Mulan or Malaficent for me as my favourite. I cannot comment on any blufans etc as I have not got any of them

As I either display mine with the front showing or they are on the shelf with the spine showing then the back is no problem, just a pity

Well, Just decided to open my copy. Really wished I didn't. Not only is the debossing way off on the face, the embossing is way off on the title aswell. Also has hairline scratches on the front and a dent on the back.

Don't think I gonna waste my money on getting another copy as it dont seem like there's many mint ones out there. Shame as this is a beautiful steelbook :(

Reactions: justhedudeman
that really sucks, when it looks perfect sealed you open it and have that surprised... but in regards to the debossing, you didn't notice anything weird through the shrink wrap ?

I got 2 copies. One was aligned perfectly and the other very slight off on her face. Very happy with both though as I'm not OCD

I'm OCD too, had missed the release, got 2 from a great seller on ebay, he received a perfect copy that he inspected through the shrink wrap and 2nd copy was damaged, zavvi exchanged it for a perfect copy they sent it to him priority and now he shipped them to me...they look OCD shrink wrapped I was told can't wait to see... I figured if the debossing/embossing with the face would be off that it would be somewhat visible through the shrink wrap still on it ???

that really sucks, when it looks perfect sealed you open it and have that surprised... but in regards to the debossing, you didn't notice anything weird through the shrink wrap ?

I saw the debossing was off when it was still sealed. Couldn't see the other problems till it was opened though.

I sent Zavvi an email about the debossing being way off and I sent them pictures. All they was willing to give me was a 10% refund. I was ok with that till I opened it and noticed the embossing on the title was also way off and had a dent on the back. I have sent them another email now as I'm not too happy. Hopefully they will replace it with another one or give me a refund. We will see.

I got 2 copies. One was aligned perfectly and the other very slight off on her face. Very happy with both though as I'm not OCD

I'm also not OCD as I have many steels from Zavvi where the debossing/embossing is slightly off and I'm ok with that. But this one is way off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Actarus
does someone know on which page the pictures of the opened steel with the disks showing is on, I saw the ones posted by Ricster but it's from the Steel still shrink wrapped... I remember seeing ones with the steel opened and disks showing ? I went back to page 55 and didn't see anything

does someone know on which page the pictures of the opened steel with the disks showing is on, I saw the ones posted by Ricster but it's from the Steel still shrink wrapped... I remember seeing ones with the steel opened and disks showing ? I went back to page 55 and didn't see anything

paulboland posted some one page ago.