Maniac Cop (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Arrow Video) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: 30-06-2014
Price: £17.99
Purchase Links: Purchase here (Live Saturday 6pm UK time)

Limited to 2000 copies only!

Notes:
In collaboration with the ever-brilliant Arrow Video who are celebrating their 5th Anniversary, Zavvi are pleased to announce the first 2 of 5 extremely Limited Steelbook Releases!

10955500-1399637609-181985.jpg

Attachments

• 10955500-1399637609-182228.jpg
    10955500-1399637609-182228.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 298
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 281
Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand everyone's frustration. Yes, it is a kick in the butt.

But I still believe they made a business decision to promote the sales of the product. If they have a 100 pre orders on this, they still have to make good on the 1900 left behind.

And if by dropping the price down by 5 quid makes that happen, then yes.

I'm not that bothered as I only paid 51p more,but I can see why those who paid the the full £17.99 might be pissed.

I'm still waiting for my replacement to be despatched even though they received my faulty copy last Thursday.

The film is missing scenes! Where are the mayors office bits? Excellent transfer but it's missing parts of the film.

Its the theatrical version, the additional scenes which has been present on various DVD versions (either edited back in or as a deleted scene) are missing from the arrow release , as is the directors commentary .

The film is missing scenes! Where are the mayors office bits? Excellent transfer but it's missing parts of the film.

Those were from Japanes TV Cut as far as i remember. So if you saw it on VHS from unkonw source this could be it.
On blu-ray synapse release this scenes are in the extras.

Very lacklustre release to be honest. Love the picture tho. The mayor office but was deffo on sold ex rental I bought years ago from a video shop called show stoppers in Newcastle. Almost sure it's on my DVD aswel.
Also on the menu it looks like officer Cornell from the later films rather than this 1. More zombie like

Price drop to just £12.99 within the first 9 days of release! Absolute joke! Those who still have theirs sealed and who originally paid £17.99 can legitimately return theirs for a full refund under Zavvi's 30 day returns policy, and buy again at the cheaper price thus saving a fiver! I'm very much inclined to request a partial refund as returning is such a hassle for just a fiver, but it's the PRINCIPAL of this which is important!

Also, if this is now £12.99, then who is going to buy two for £30?

View attachment 75170

Price drop to just £12.99 within the first 9 days of release! Absolute joke! Those who still have theirs sealed and who originally paid £17.99 can legitimately return theirs for a full refund under Zavvi's 30 day returns policy, and buy again at the cheaper price thus saving a fiver! I'm very much inclined to request a partial refund as returning is such a hassle for just a fiver, but it's the PRINCIPAL of this which is important!

Also, if this is now £12.99, then who is going to buy two for £30?

View attachment 75170

zavvi are like petty thieves

Reactions: Heche1981
its a joke, i dont mind a price drop but not this soon

Its not the first time, I seem to recall one instance where there was a price drop when some preorders were still in the post.....Which is why if its not an exclusive my money goes elsewhere, I shop with zavvi very reluctantly

Ive not seen Maniac Cop for years, I might grab a copy, but I'll wait as I can see it dropping in price a bit more ;)

Apparently the price drop was a mistake and it's now gone back up to £17.99.

Arrow were made aware on Twitter and immediately contacted Zavvi:

"Thanks for letting us know! We've just been in touch with @zavvi and it was an unfortunate pricing error that has now been amended."

Zavvi then tweeted:

"Apologies about this, a pricing error occurred for that release. It was rectified as soon as it was noticed."

Those tweets to both companies aren't mine fyi.

Last edited:
Arrow Video Facebook
Last May some of you may remember that we launched our Golden Ticket comp! (If you don't have a clue what we are talking about you can find out more here: http://bit.ly/1pEdmgT) So far nobody has come forward to claim the prize which suggests that the ticket may still be out there...

Soooo, the hunt is still on! To make things easier we can reveal that the ticket was packed inside a copy of Maniac Cop! If you have a sealed copy of this one sitting on your shelf now may be a good time to open it.

Good luck everyone!

Do you know does it mean you'd have to buy it directly from Arrow themselves to be in with a shout for it, or could it have been allocated to Zavvis stock aswell?