Maniac Cop (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Arrow Video) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: 30-06-2014
Price: £17.99
Purchase Links: Purchase here (Live Saturday 6pm UK time)

Limited to 2000 copies only!

Notes:
In collaboration with the ever-brilliant Arrow Video who are celebrating their 5th Anniversary, Zavvi are pleased to announce the first 2 of 5 extremely Limited Steelbook Releases!

10955500-1399637609-181985.jpg

Attachments

• 10955500-1399637609-182228.jpg
    10955500-1399637609-182228.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 298
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 281
Last edited by a moderator:
how lovely for zavvi to drop the price almost immediately after release. all those who pre-ordered got shafted (myself included). a great incentive to pre-order from them in future. not.

back to the glory days of pre-ordering so all those who dont can reap the benefits.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

good job i cancelled all the arrow steels from them just a few days ago

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

as for the steel itself, what more could you want? its just a silly/trashy slasher film.

Reactions: Heche1981
doesnt bode well for the future when its an 'extremely limited' 2000 print run release.

i also wonder why they stubbornly wont budge on the prices of other steels (such as disney and marvel) that dont sell out, and yet others they offer for rock bottom prices seemingly on a whim immediately after release.

?

Last edited:
doesnt bode well for the future when its an 'extremely limited' 2000 print run release.

These print runs are meaningless if it's a seriously bad film, and this one without rose tinted glasses is absolute garbage. It was never going to sell out, and with all the Zavvi steels floating around eBay that aren't selling, scalpers are getting picky because they are now loosing money. :)

These print runs are meaningless if it's a seriously bad film, and this one without rose tinted glasses is absolute garbage. It was never going to sell out, and with all the Zavvi steels floating around eBay that aren't selling, scalpers are getting picky because they are now loosing money. :)

i think the fil m has a cult status. its not a classic film but its well known and has its fans. also, with being part of the recent slew of similar films coming from arrow, it will have value to a collector as part of that series...

it wouldnt surprise me if zavvi just got the price wrong from the start and they only just realised they priced it wrong at £14.99.

yes, i think they are that unprofessional lol

Bad timing yes. Personally, I think Zavvi expected nore out of this one. When the time came for release day, disappointing sales prompted them to make a quick decision.

Was it good customer morale? No. But business is business at the end of the day.

Reactions: BluSteel2012

If you do not like 80's horror then yes you will hate this movie. But It will sell out long before it goes under 9.99. The limited edition Arrow release of this with the blue slip box and all the extras has sold out long ago and still fetches a good price. It also has probably the two best actors from 80's Horror, Tom Atkins and Bruce Campbell. Who really knows why they lowered the price on this one. All their prices are strange today.

If you do not like 80's horror then yes you will hate this movie. But It will sell out long before it goes under 9.99. The limited edition Arrow release of this with the blue slip box and all the extras has sold out long ago and still fetches a good price. It also has probably the two best actors from 80's Horror, Tom Atkins and Bruce Campbell. Who really knows why they lowered the price on this one. All their prices are strange today.

I was a teenager in the 80's and love horror movies including many that are viewed critically as bad. Even some of the cast are ashamed of this film.

Yes the amaray sold out so the small bunch of fans either double dip or skip this, and it looks like they are skipping. No it won't sell out fast and it's already £12, it will drop lower now we know it's a poorly finished one art wise. Double dippers will wait for a good price. :)

Reactions: hansgruber
I was a teenager in the 80's and love horror movies including many that are viewed critically as bad. Even some of the cast are ashamed of this film.

Yes the amaray sold out so the small bunch of fans either double dip or skip this, and it looks like they are skipping. No it won't sell out fast and it's already £12, it will drop lower now we know it's a poorly finished one art wise. Double dippers will wait for a good price. :)

Horror fans never have a problem double dipping for anything. Arrow knows this. They are making a living of it. They have now released 3 different blu-ray versions of this movie alone. I never said it would sell out fast. I said it would not drop below 9.99 before it sells out.

Reactions: psychoscot
I had a hunch the recent wave of arrow steels weren't selling well when Zavvi announced the 2 for £30 deal at the preorder stage.
It doesn't help that they are niche titles with poor designs and high initial prices.

Reactions: psychoscot
i think the arrow steels have excellent art. that is probably their main draw, for me at least. but they arent exactly universally appealing. they have niche appeal. i cancelled all of mine because although i would like to own them, there are more appealing steels out there at the moment (and in the pipeline).

Reactions: hayemaker
All of them really. The only one I personally like is The design for the City Of The Living Dead, the rest I just find uninspired.

Most are just the original poster art slapped on the steelbook. I think the matte finish is the real problem. People are gloss crazy right now. Whether Arrow likes gloss or not they should be taking advantage of what the customer wants to buy right now. Studio Canal recently figured this out.

The only problem I have with this steelbook, is the cheapish feel. It doesn't feel like an Arrow Steelbook. Just look at 'Zombie Flesh Eaters' and 'Foxy Brown', they both have that heavy metallic feel, this almost feels like plastic in comparison. I really like the artwork though.

Seriously annoyed that they slashed the price a week after release. Not a very nice way to treat the pre orderers - the most loyal customers.

Also, I ordered this along with Day of The Dead separately, then Zavvi did the 2 for £30 thing. Separately I had to pay £36. I asked them to change my order to a 2 for £30 and they refused, and added that if I cancelled and reordered myself I'd lose my place in the queue and may lose my copy of one or both steelbooks.

And now Maniac Cop is £12.99.

I can understand everyone's frustration. Yes, it is a kick in the butt.

But I still believe they made a business decision to promote the sales of the product. If they have a 100 pre orders on this, they still have to make good on the 1900 left behind.

And if by dropping the price down by 5 quid makes that happen, then yes.