Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Jul 13, 2016
United kingdom
Release date: September 18, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 13 around 6 PM BST)
Price: £15.99

11524895-1784505040982491.jpg

11524895-8914505041150767.jpg
11524895-1874505041211013.jpg
Audio: English 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio, Spanish 5.1 DTS
Subtitles: Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish, English

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, only the second Peter Weir steelbook in the U.K.
138528_large.jpg
185728_large.jpg

Now, how's about steels for WITNESS, THE TRUMAN SHOW, GREEN CARD, FEARLESS and PICNIC AT HANGING ROCK.

Original poster artwork ideas:-
qhl7lbjm.jpg
on2np3wh.jpg

1jd2829j.jpg
xmyhx0hs.jpg
faavgsiy.jpg

cjeqyqjv.jpg

rzx4hne4.jpg

gv1ptrbd.jpg
zdzblahg.jpg

Actually my Favorite Weir films are his Pre-Hollywood films (Like PICNIC at HANGING ROCK):
IMG_0150.JPG

Some of his Hollywood fare is good: Fearless, Dead Poets
Some Great: Witness
Some I find terrible: Green Card, Truman Show.

yeah i have that POS too lol

Good thing about stickerbooks as they are often very rare. Seems 1) the product buyer gets doped into thinking its a good thing thus they never reprint. and 2) stickerbook qty to take on is lower.

The transparent stickerbooks are a lot nicer. ie. inglorious bastards and transformers trilogy

Reactions: howarmat
Master and Commander is a great film but folks need to know if you are new to this film is that its a SLOW BURN ... its just an epic saga and don't expect some super duper hollywood climax ... just watch this to be in this time period and enjoy a long masterpiece. I think its close to 3 hours or so.

A more recent Peter Weir film and a HIDDEN gem in my eyes ... is THE WAY BACK starring Colin Farrell and Ed Harris among others. and a TRUE STORY. Seek it out! Uk had a nice slipcover long ago so i had to snag. Definitely worth all the ninjas viewing time at least once!

138528_large.jpg
185728_large.jpg

Now, how's about steels for WITNESS, THE TRUMAN SHOW, GREEN CARD, FEARLESS and PICNIC AT HANGING ROCK.

Original poster artwork ideas:-
qhl7lbjm.jpg
on2np3wh.jpg

1jd2829j.jpg
xmyhx0hs.jpg
faavgsiy.jpg

cjeqyqjv.jpg

rzx4hne4.jpg

gv1ptrbd.jpg
zdzblahg.jpg
:woot:Hell yeah for the Truman show but the Tv Pixel Poster will be a mess(n) as a steel art.
:watch:That title Of - Picnic a Hanging Rock - is so totally out of context:naughty:, and the sum up of the undertitle is so literally explicit,:cautious: need to keep an eye on this,:watch: by the way whats was the rate for this film?

the cover and back are growing on me, but i'm still not sure about the catalogue pose inside art. :naughty: i know i'll be buying this, though, because, well, it's Master and Commander.

Alright!!
Now MORE Peter Weir steelbooks!!
@elle82 - Australia in the house.... @Mark Wilson

[/SPOILER]

Actually my Favorite Weir films are his Pre-Hollywood films (Like PICNIC at HANGING ROCK):
View attachment 326011
Some of his Hollywood fare is good: Fearless, Dead Poets
Some Great: Witness
Some I find terrible: Green Card, Truman Show.

:woot:Hell yeah for the Truman show but the Tv Pixel Poster will be a mess(n) as a steel art.
:watch:That title Of - Picnic a Hanging Rock - is so totally out of context:naughty:,

:offtopic: i would love some proper Peter Weir releases. one of the best directors of his generation, yet doesn't get the various releases of many, and very few (any?) premiums. Fearless hasn't even had a basic blu-ray release in the UK, i think? o_O

Witness
could be a great Plain Archive release, and The Truman Show pixel poster with today's leading lentis (especially after seeing Manta's Walter Mitty).... :cool:

Picnic at Hanging Rock
i can't comment on, as it's my significant other's favourite film, so by law all negative comments are banned in our house. but it is the film that brought me to this site (searching for a new edition), so i can't complain, really. :cigar:

nice goodies, @Wreck! :wow:

• Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T and C.C. 95
Fearless hasn't even had a basic blu-ray release in the UK, i think? o_O
True. I had to buy my copy as a Warner Archive U.S. import (which I don't mind too much although a fair amount of patience is required to pick up those Archive releases at decent prices) and I think that that's the only release worldwide.
43452_large.jpg

---------------------------------------------------
When I first saw this back I misread it and thought it was "for ENGLAND, for HOME and for the PIZZA". Yikes!

Last edited:
I got an email from Zavvi (at 1:30 PM EST) yesterday that this was live.
When I checked at 9:30 PM it said "Sold Out".
Did they screw up sending me an early email, or did this really go live and sell out?

I got an email from Zavvi (at 1:30 PM EST) yesterday that this was live.
When I checked at 9:30 PM it said "Sold Out".
Did they screw up sending me an early email, or did this really go live and sell out?
They must've screwed up... I believe it goes live tomorrow around 6PM BST.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95