Movies you hate that everyone loves

whysoserious?

a no posting ex ninja
Premium Supporter
Apr 2, 2011
wirral uk
so ive just read the latest edition of a movie mag and basically it interviews a movie star and same question was asked and he said avatar , i totally agree with them , i didnt like that myself, i just think its a chance to relate to people , because the movie im gonna pick every1 i speak to about it , they love it

please make a comment on the move that was submitted above urs only then put ur choice down

so im gonna star it off .........................................................

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

so here goes
GODFATHER
4 hours of utter boredom
sorry guys

Reactions: vurt and PunkNinja
lol, how long have you got?:

LOTR's & spin-offs
Almost EVERYTHING Disney
All musicals (see above...)
Fight Club
Everything by Tarantino except KB 1 & 2, and Reservoir Dogs
Everything with Will Ferrell in, cannot stand him
Love Actually
Tron Legacy
Despicable Me 1 & 2
Almost everything with Owen Wilson
The World's End
Hot Fuzz
American History X
Blazing Saddles
All the POTC's except the first one
The Wolf Of Wall Street
Sin City
Perfume
Kung Fu Panda's
Drive - god, I nearly forgot that one
Amelie
The Wrestler

...ok, I'm bored now...

Basically, the rule of thumb is that if most people love it, I hate it (with some exceptions, occasionally).

Reactions: psychoscot
I dont like the Star Wars movies.
Dont like Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
Dont like Hunger Games movies.
Dont like Bridget Jones movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Oh yeah, many Harrison Ford movies too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah not a fan of ford myself and pirates movies very overrated in my opinion

Reactions: bigwednesday0
Godfather Part II. Never enjoyed it that much really. Don't know if I downright hate it, but it's no where near the first imo.

Jackie Chan's Project A. Soo disappointed with this!

And lastly, the first and the last movie from the original star wars triology. With Empire Strikes Back they got it right, the first was too slow and boring and uninteresting. If you didn't grew up with it I don't see why this is so great. The effects were good, but I don't rate a movie on that.
Return of the Jedi was just a mess. Weird and un-stars-wars-like.

LOTR's & spin-offs
Almost EVERYTHING Disney
Fight Club
Love Actually
Tron Legacy
Despicable Me 1 & 2
The World's End
Hot Fuzz
American History X
Blazing Saddles
The Wolf Of Wall Street
Sin City
Perfume
Kung Fu Panda's
Amelie
The Wrestler

...ok, I'm bored now...

Basically, the rule of thumb is that if most people love it, I hate it (with some exceptions, occasionally).

Can't stand anything starring Ferrell either or Adam Sandler or Ben Stiller for that matter. I still want to punch Stiller for what he did to Starsky and Hutch.

Reactions: satanclaus
Can't stand anything starring Ferrell either or Adam Sandler or Ben Stiller for that matter. I still want to punch Stiller for what he did to Starsky and Hutch.

I agree, I don't find their humor funny at all. They all seem to play the same person in every movie.

Last edited:
Reactions: psychoscot

LOTR's & spin-offs
Almost EVERYTHING Disney
Fight Club
Love Actually
Tron Legacy
Despicable Me 1 & 2
The World's End
Hot Fuzz
American History X
Blazing Saddles
The Wolf Of Wall Street
Sin City
Perfume
Kung Fu Panda's
Amelie
The Wrestler

...ok, I'm bored now...

Don't you think it's because you expect something big or really awesome and it ends up ruining the movies?

Because that's a lot of good movies you got there (yes it's opinions of course), and it seems strange that you hate so many. What do you look for in a movie? Cause you must have a pretty narrow view on movies tbh.

Last edited:
Don't you think it's because you expect something big or really awesome and it ends up ruining the movies?

Because that's a lot of good movies you got there (yes it's opinions of course), and it seems strange that you hate so many. What do you look for in a movie? Cause you must have a pretty narrow view on movies tbh.

Nah, it's not that at all, because some of them I saw without knowing anything about them before walking into the cinema and hated them then. And also, if I hear people saying how brilliant it is, I tend to think to myself "well I'm sure I won't enjoy it then" but don't go in with my mind made up, I just don't go in thinking "I'M GONNA LOVE THIS!". I think part of it is that I don't care what other people think and make my mind up completely on my own, whereas there's a lot of, what we call "sheeple", people who just follow the herd and like things because they feel they should.

Yep, opinions, lol. As a general rule, I don't like sci-fi, fantasy, or period drama's, but I don't have specific things I look for in a film, I simply like what I like and don't what I don't :D With films and music, I'm extremely eclectic, I like all sorts!

Harry Potter Series
Twilight Series

And, above all, The Village. I know a bunch of people that love this movie and I just can't stand it. Just because Shyamalan directed and produced it people tend to think it's a masterpiece. No. Way.

(There may be others I can't remember right now)

After all the hype it gets around these parts, I nearly expected the best movie ever made. I watched half and I just couldn't finish it. It's mediocre at best, but to each their own.

Indeed, if a bloke said as little to a woman as he does to her, she'd do a runner because he was a complete weirdo.

Nah, it's not that at all, because some of them I saw without knowing anything about them before walking into the cinema and hated them then. And also, if I hear people saying how brilliant it is, I tend to think to myself "well I'm sure I won't enjoy it then" but don't go in with my mind made up, I just don't go in thinking "I'M GONNA LOVE THIS!". I think part of it is that I don't care what other people think and make my mind up completely on my own, whereas there's a lot of, what we call "sheeple", people who just follow the herd and like things because they feel they should.

Yep, opinions, lol. As a general rule, I don't like sci-fi, fantasy, or period drama's, but I don't have specific things I look for in a film, I simply like what I like and don't what I don't :D With films and music, I'm extremely eclectic, I like all sorts!
Aaaaaalrighty then! :D I see.

But I would suggest you really open you mind next time you go watch a movie. Try not to divide them into genres, try not to focus on one particular thing. Personally, I'm a film fanatic, so obviously I notice a lot of things during movies that either makes it better or worse. This is not bragging, I'm just saying so you understand where I'm coming from.
But my main thing I always do is sit down with an open mind and expect 'a movie'. Not an action, not a comedy but a movie. Obviously you know somewhere what genre it is, but don't let it be a barrier. And when the film starts the main thing to do is accept what is happening I'm not saying 'like' what is happening but accept it. So if there's an actor you don't like just be like, "okay, let's see if he can do this role and if the rest of the cast is good". Focus on the good and not the bad.
And then there's of course all the things like: dialogue, cinematography, soundtrack etc. but that will most likely come at some points by itself, so do not focus on too many things haha.

All of these things might give you a better movie experience next time around! :D :scat: ;)

Last edited:
The first film that comes to mind for me is Pulp fiction

That's right come at me :box:

Just cant see what the attraction is, I love Reservoir dogs and Django unchained. Kill Bill Vol 1 and Inglorious Basterds were great too but Pulp fiction was just boring. Didn't care about any of the characters and although the dialogues were well put together as all QT films are, I just didn't find any enjoyment in the movie. Great dialogue alone can't carry this film, there needed to be a great plot and interesting characters and this film just didn't do it for me.

Another fan favourite movie I didn't like was Blade Runner

That's the two that immediately spring to mind

The first film that comes to mind for me is Pulp fiction

That's right come at me :box:

Just cant see what the attraction is, I love Reservoir dogs and Django unchained. Kill Bill Vol 1 and Inglorious Basterds were great too but Pulp fiction was just boring. Didn't care about any of the characters and although the dialogues were well put together as all QT films are, I just didn't find any enjoyment in the movie. Great dialogue alone can't carry this film, there needed to be a great plot and interesting characters and this film just didn't do it for me.

Another fan favourite movie I didn't like was Blade Runner

That's the two that immediately spring to mind

I dislike Pulp Fiction as well, I never found what's so great about it either.

Another movie that is getting on my list is The Dark Knight Rises. Good superhero movie, but too many issues with it for me to really enjoy it.

Great thread!

Anchor man 1&2- just not funny for me
Gravity - good for first 40 mins
Star Wars - not dated well at all. Too much hype.
Reseviour Dogs- boring as hell
Evil dead 2 and army of darkness ... Just a bit too cheesy.
Taxi driver ... Yawn