Movies You Haven't Seen That Make Others Say WHAT!?!

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
So what are some movies that you haven't seen yet for any old particular reasons that just astonishes others that you havent seen them yet?

I think we ALL have some movies that are known as popular or cult etc that people just can't believe we haven't seen them yet.

So what are yours? And why?

I still haven't seen

A Clockwork Orange (own it)
Rocky Horror Picture Show (own it)
The Abyss (have almost bought a dvd a couple times just to watch it.) Is it on any streaming service?
They Live (own it)

That's just embarrassing @Wreck :D

All of those are much watches.

For me, Still havent seen
Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies (I know i know, I'll get to it) :hilarious:
and
Apocalypse Now.
And still havent seen the Arnie flicks
Collateral Damage & the 6th Day.

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
Rocky Horror Picture Show is one of mine also... the trailers put me off as they just make me cringe, but then I've never been a huge fan of musicals anyway. :bag:

Another one that's been on my list for ages but I finally got to tick it off yesterday... the original King Kong! I have loooooads of classics that I still need to catch up on, which is cool in a way as it gives me something to look forward to. :D

Will post more in here when I think of them... there will probably be a few. :p

• Thanks
For someone in their late 50's who's seen everything from Brief Encounter to La La land there are a couple of surprising films I've never seen

High Noon
Scarface (the original)
Collateral Damage (never seen it either)
Never Take Sweets from a Stranger (Hammer)
The Blood on Camp Island (Hammer)
A Clockwork Orange

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Wreck
Rocky Horror Picture Show is one of mine also... the trailers put me off as they just make me cringe, but then I've never been a huge fan of musicals anyway. :bag:

Funny you should mention the Rocky Horror Show. Years ago I went to a showing at my local cinema but what I didn't know was it's one of those movies where all the fans go to join in and I simply couldn't get into the film with all these prats jumping up and dancing and joining in so I left after 15 minutes. Never did see the rest of the film.

• Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and Wreck
So what are some movies that you haven't seen yet for any old particular reasons that just astonishes others that you havent seen them yet?

I think we ALL have some movies that are known as popular or cult etc that people just can't believe we haven't seen them yet.

So what are yours? And why?

I still haven't seen

A Clockwork Orange (own it)
Rocky Horror Picture Show (own it)
The Abyss (have almost bought a dvd a couple times just to watch it.) Is it on any streaming service?
They Live (own it)
@Wreck
Clockwork deserves its status as a cinema classic. Kubrick at the height of his powers.
The Abyss - when that came out on video in 1990, I watched it every day for a year. I just love that movie.
And the extended cut is more than just adding footage. It adds characterization. (The reason the big finale was not in theaters was that ILM could not finish the effects in time + the studio would rather have a shorter running time.)
The Special Edition is really the "real" version. It may be Cameron's best film, imo.

I am a Ginormous fan of LOTR. Have owned all the releases (the extended DVD "books" were awesome - so glad Japan did the new Blu ray book versions).
With that being said:
I still have yet to watch the 3 Hobbit Films.:wow:!!!

Last edited:
@Wreck @denizen WHAT!?!
A Clockwork Orange and Apocalypse Now are in AFI's 100 Greatest American Films of All Time.
I am going to see a new 35mm print of APOCALYPSE NOW at the Eastman Museum in NY THIS MONTH!!!
Vitorrio Storaro is introducing it! (And the next night is a new 35mm print of DICK TRACY!):emb:
So happy!!!:)

A little off topic here but talking about of AFI.
Number 50 is The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. WHAT!?!

afi.png

A little off topic here but talking about of AFI.
Number 50 is The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. WHAT!?!

View attachment 298174
You are confused that LOTR:FOTR is there, or that it is the one LOTR film representing LOTR?
I know a lot of people who think it is the best of the 3.
I hate lists. They are completely subjective (even thought there are some movies that objectively unquestionably great).
Lists only exist to start arguments!:LOL:

• Thanks
I'm not into science fiction movies.
Never saw:
Star Wars (all 7)
Star Trek (all 13?)
Alien 1,2 and 3.
2001 (Huge Kubrick fan and i even have two steelbook of that movie)
Only saw one Will Smith movie (Enemy of the State)

Would recommend Star Wars: The original first film, Star Trek 11: The Wrath of Khan, Alien and Aliens. See them if you have to see any. 2001 you really need to see on the big screen

There are many iconic films I have yet to see (but own copies of and intend to watch one day!)

probably the most shocking... I have never seen
any of the Star Wars films, please don't hurt me... :smuggrin: