Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Pre-order here

Release date November 25,2013

Price to be £19.99

totoro.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i asked for all the studio ghibli steelbooks for xmas lol.. got a feeling these are some of those steelbooks which wont come down in price. The studio ghibli dvds are still pretty pricey!!

I love these too. Of course, it'd have been even better if the color was white instead of metallic but this works as well. I want them to release Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away. Personally, Ponyo and Totoro are a bit childish for me. I like it better when Ghibli tackles mature storyline.

i wonder why spirited away has never been released on blu ray anyway! thatl be one of the best steelbooks to be released imo

i wonder why spirited away has never been released on blu ray anyway! thatl be one of the best steelbooks to be released imo
Saving the heavy hitters (Spirited Away, Mononoke, etc.) till last I suspect. Not sure if Japan even have them yet, but can't be too long now Miyazaki's retired.....for now.

As for the next steels, I'm hoping for Kiki, Castle in the Sky, Whisper of the Heart, and I suppose Arrietty since I havent seen it (Judging by what's already on Blu Ray).

^
I'm hopping for Grave of the Fireflies also. It has been awhile since I have watched it and wanted to kill myself when it is over. God damn that movie is depressing.

^
I'm hopping for Grave of the Fireflies also. It has been awhile since I have watched it and wanted to kill myself when it is over. God damn that movie is depressing.

No wonder it was shown as a double feature with Totoro in Japanese cinemas, only that could save you from killing yourself. XD

Saving the heavy hitters (Spirited Away, Mononoke, etc.) till last I suspect. Not sure if Japan even have them yet, but can't be too long now Miyazaki's retired.....for now.

As for the next steels, I'm hoping for Kiki, Castle in the Sky, Whisper of the Heart, and I suppose Arrietty since I havent seen it (Judging by what's already on Blu Ray).

Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away are Ghibli's cash cows, for sure. Clear strategy: Ghibli keeps the most popular to last. On the 4th of December Mononoke has been released http://www.yesasia.com/us/1033937503-0-0-0-en/info.html so add on 4-6 months for the UK/US version, and let's hope we'll get two steelbooks!

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

No wonder it was shown as a double feature with Totoro in Japanese cinemas, only that could save you from killing yourself. XD

Are you sure about that? I don't want to spoil anyone's joy but Totoro is a sad story too ... Read this:
http://ihogeek.com/2012/04/10/two-new-ways-to-watch-totoro-you-wont-like-either-one-part-one/

My apologies for being off-topic (as this is not steelbook related), but the story about Totoro is intriguing .....

Arrietty wasnt one of my favourites, it didnt feel like a ghibli film to me! just a cartoon remake of the borrowers lol.

Im sure theyl all be released soon! i would buy the spirited away collectors edition with the model bath house but the fact its dvd puts me off a bit! that would be the ultimate ghibli blu ray release lol