Nightcrawler (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Dec 13, 2013
West Sussex, UK
Release date: March 2nd, 2015
Purchase link: here (ships only within UK)
Price: £14.99 (instore @ HMV) / £17.99 (online @ eOne)
Notes: Majority of print run qty to be sold by HMV
Initially listed as eOne Exclusive 1st.

Group buy: Click here or via Naughtius Maximus

nightcrawler.jpg
nightcrawler.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure you could just wander in and ask. My HMV lot are pretty chill and would probably gimme a load if I said I wanted to sticker up all my exclusive steels.

I think I saw a HMV GB photo and someone had a whole reem of them...
I asked the guy in my local HMV if I could have any stickers for my copies and he told me they don't have the stickers in store they get delivered with/without stickers.

I can't see the similarities personally. I think because he drives a car around at night time people automatically think of Drive.

You could say the same about Horns with Daniel Radcliffe. It's shot in a very stylized way but you'd never compare it to Nightcrawler!

I can't see the similarities personally. I think because he drives a car around at night time people automatically think of Drive.

You could say the same about Horns with Daniel Radcliffe. It's shot in a very stylized way but you'd never compare it to Nightcrawler!
That's fair enough, the car aspect is irrelevant for me though, I'm talking more over about the way Dan Gilroy shot LA, and how the camera linger's that couple of second's longer on it's lead performer in both film's, the scene's were Gyllenhall is in his apartment and doesn't say or do much, but still manage's to captivate and intrigue are for me akin to Gosling in Drive. I haven't watched Nightcrawler and thought look at that, he's driving a fast car just like Drive, I'm a little deeper than that when it comes to watching a film...

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
So what's happened to all the copies? It's no longer available online and HMV have sold out of their very limited stock! It doesn't make sense?

So what's happened to all the copies? It's no longer available online and HMV have sold out of their very limited stock! It doesn't make sense?
I think it is the combination of a descent steelbook with what is regarded in the main as a great film, I can also tell you that sadly a lot of 'scalpers' have jumped on this, from what I have been told the HMV'S nearest to me were emptied by the day after release, I have also been told that people were buying between 3-7 each from my local store which had an allocation of 35 copies....

• Helpful Post
Reactions: marcls76
Watched it last night and I have to agree that Jake joins the list of robbed at the Oscars, easily his best performance and its a really good movie.
Don't see any similarities with Drive, stlye or story. Birdman and Budapest Hotel were seriously stylised but no familiar traits. If it was that good there would have been a few nom's for it. Actor, Director & screenplay though - very good.
The steelbook itself is nice, I like the understated look and it captures the key elements of the movie.
And for the price, you just can't say no.

I asked the guy in my local HMV if I could have any stickers for my copies and he told me they don't have the stickers in store they get delivered with/without stickers.

I asked in two near me and was told that they do in fact put the stickers on in store (which is why they're often stuck on above the security tape).

Both stores (perhaps coincidentally) gave me a strip of 6 stickers each.