• Full Slip B

• Quarter Slip

• Dual Pack

• Triple Pack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase links: Type A - Type B - Quarter Slip - Dual Pack - Triple Pack - (Pre-order on September 29, 2016)
Price: Type A: $46.89 - Type B: $46.89 - 1/4 Slip: $45.69

Type A: 2,000 copies - Type B: 2,500 copies - 1/4 Slip: 1,000 copies

13938104_929743153836834_5964674825909768059_o.jpgtype a.jpgType B.jpgQuarter slip.jpg
image.png

- The steelbook illustration is by Krzysztof Domaradzki.
- The artwork for the slipbox was used previously for the Oldboy vinyl LP. It was co-ordinated by Nicolas Winding Refn, the director of Drive, and illustrated by Laurent Durieux. The director of Oldboy Park Chan-wook wanted one of our editions to feature this artwork so we reached out to Milan Records and illustrator Laurent Durieux. You'll be able to see more of the artwork since parts of the top and bottom were cropped out for the vinyl LP.

Old mock up
tumblr_odfq0maYYu1t1dcuoo1_1280.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear, might there not be English subs? If not, that might seriously make me reconsider a purchase :(
I'm sure the feature film will have English subtitles, but I don't think Plain Archive have yet confirmed the subtitles for the Oldboy extras one way or the other. Their I Saw the Devil release extras didn't have English subtitles.

Found this post earlier in the thread; that indeed sounds promising wrt English subtitles for the extras :)
PLAIN
Update: Our release of Oldboy would be the most expensive Blu-ray production Korea has ever seen. One of the reasons being the documentary. The final product's pricing would be higher than our previous releases.
The documentary will have English subtitles.

In a way it's a bit of a shame that PA is spending all this money and time and effort on these extras like the documentary when a big proportion of collectors will keep it sealed :wacky::wacky:

Reactions: bojee and rj531
I'm sure that Plain Archive will do a great job with the new extras, but they will be wasted on many of us if they don't have (at least) English subtitles.

Thought Steelbook collectors don't care about bonus features? I got flamed by many out here for highlighting the lack of bonus features or discs.

I, for one, have always considered the extras as important (sometimes more so) than the packaging itself. The packaging should reflect the content in my opinion.... But that's just me.

And yeah, I open all my movies, would seem a shame not to :)

http://www.jiff.or.kr/program/02_movies_view.asp?idx=3412

'Old Days' at Jeonju International Film Festival

'Old Days' is a documentary about the film 'Oldboy', created for Plain Archive's upcoming Blu-ray release.

Directed by Han Sun-hee, the documentary will be screening at the 17th Jeonju International Film Festival under the program: Korea Cinemascape. (April 28 ~ May 7)

From photography to editing, CGI, music, DI, and DCP, we've invested heavily to make sure the final film is produced to the highest standard. The documentary is currently in post-production and we're close to wrapping up.

We'd need a little more time to reveal the pre-order information for our release of 'Oldboy' Blu-ray, but if you'd like to see the documentary before anyone else, please take a note of the screening information at Jeonju International Film Festival.

We've tried really hard to make sure that we didn't just stop at creating the best physical version of 'Oldboy'. With 'Old Days', we're paying homage to one of the most special film in the history of Korean cinema. The documentary is being made with our love and passion.

Our sincere apologies once again for the delay of our release of Oldboy Blu-ray. Our next update on 'Oldboy' will reveal more information about the upcoming pre-order. Until then, we'll be working diligently.

'Old Days' will be screened at the Film Festival three times. The first screening which will happen on April 29th at 5:30 PM will be followed by a cinema class with director Park Chan-wook, Lim Seung-yong (Producer, Oldboy), and Han Sun-hee (Director, Old Days).

Thank you

http://www.jiff.or.kr/program/02_movies_view.asp?idx=3412

'Old Days' at Jeonju International Film Festival

'Old Days' is a documentary about the film 'Oldboy', created for Plain Archive's upcoming Blu-ray release.

Directed by Han Sun-hee, the documentary will be screening at the 17th Jeonju International Film Festival under the program: Korea Cinemascape. (April 28 ~ May 7)

From photography to editing, CGI, music, DI, and DCP, we've invested heavily to make sure the final film is produced to the highest standard. The documentary is currently in post-production and we're close to wrapping up.

We'd need a little more time to reveal the pre-order information for our release of 'Oldboy' Blu-ray, but if you'd like to see the documentary before anyone else, please take a note of the screening information at Jeonju International Film Festival.

We've tried really hard to make sure that we didn't just stop at creating the best physical version of 'Oldboy'. With 'Old Days', we're paying homage to one of the most special film in the history of Korean cinema. The documentary is being made with our love and passion.

Our sincere apologies once again for the delay of our release of Oldboy Blu-ray. Our next update on 'Oldboy' will reveal more information about the upcoming pre-order. Until then, we'll be working diligently.

'Old Days' will be screened at the Film Festival three times. The first screening which will happen on April 29th at 5:30 PM will be followed by a cinema class with director Park Chan-wook, Lim Seung-yong (Producer, Oldboy), and Han Sun-hee (Director, Old Days).

Thank you

take your time. I'm running out of cash as it is.

lol.

wow. this was announced over a year and a half ago. :bored:

is this the all time record for "from annoucement to preorder"?

(and it's not even close to preorder yet)

Reactions: ty233