• Full Slip B

• Quarter Slip

• Dual Pack

• Triple Pack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase links: Type A - Type B - Quarter Slip - Dual Pack - Triple Pack - (Pre-order on September 29, 2016)
Price: Type A: $46.89 - Type B: $46.89 - 1/4 Slip: $45.69

Type A: 2,000 copies - Type B: 2,500 copies - 1/4 Slip: 1,000 copies

13938104_929743153836834_5964674825909768059_o.jpgtype a.jpgType B.jpgQuarter slip.jpg
image.png

- The steelbook illustration is by Krzysztof Domaradzki.
- The artwork for the slipbox was used previously for the Oldboy vinyl LP. It was co-ordinated by Nicolas Winding Refn, the director of Drive, and illustrated by Laurent Durieux. The director of Oldboy Park Chan-wook wanted one of our editions to feature this artwork so we reached out to Milan Records and illustrator Laurent Durieux. You'll be able to see more of the artwork since parts of the top and bottom were cropped out for the vinyl LP.

Old mock up
tumblr_odfq0maYYu1t1dcuoo1_1280.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, yes, you're right. I have never bought from them (I'm just starting my collection) and I was only afraid of a fast sold-out. A group buy, even when it's more expensive, seems safer to me :) I may be wrong!

it's very easy to buy from their site. might wanna make account first. I believe this one will sell out soon, but not that soon if you are online when it's released.

Reactions: Immanitas and harry
Oooh! Fighting word. :hurting: Any Ninja here who doesn't like Oldboy (2003)?

I have met only one person who didn't like Oldboy (2003), but loved the 2013 Spike Lee film. I'm huge fan of the Chan-wook Park Oldboy and IMO one of the best movies I've seen. This release is one of the most wanted for me. Brilliant film, absolutely brilliant :thumbs:

Reactions: lolwut and harry
there are many superb movies with the revenge theme but there is no other movie showing better the effects and causes of vengeance in this depth and quiet philosophical way. simply the best revenge movie ever made.

there are many superb movies with the revenge theme but there is no other movie showing better the effects and causes of vengeance in this depth and quiet philosophical way. simply the best revenge movie ever made.
Only in your opinion. I found it a bit contrived and far-fetched though unusual.

It's a good movie for a one time viewing due to the reveal / shock factor involved. You can't re-watch the whole film (only two scenes have re-watch value the hallway fight sequence that inspired the sequence in Marvels Daredevil Netflix TV series and the restaurant eating scene). If you're saying you can re-watch the whole film and enjoy it ... you need to stop kidding yourself.

It's a good movie for a one time viewing due to the reveal / shock factor involved. You can't re-watch the whole film (only two scenes have re-watch value the hallway fight sequence that inspired the sequence in Marvels Daredevil Netflix TV series and the restaurant eating scene). If you're saying you can re-watch the whole film and enjoy it ... you need to stop kidding yourself.

I must be kidding myself for believing I can enjoy the cinematography, score, acting, and story every time I watch it. You can't rewatch the whole film? Tell that to myself. I've seen it many times. One of my top five favorite films of all time (Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance is in my top ten).

I must be kidding myself for believing I can enjoy the cinematography, score, acting, and story every time I watch it. You can't rewatch the whole film? Tell that to myself. I've seen it many times. One of my top five favorite films of all time (Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance is in my top ten).

Agreed. I find it silly the notion that those who loved their first viewing of this film can't continue to enjoy its artistry on multiple viewings. I sure have and will continue to do so when this release finally comes out.

Reactions: dirtyoak and lolwut