• Full Slip B

• Quarter Slip

• Dual Pack

• Triple Pack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase links: Type A - Type B - Quarter Slip - Dual Pack - Triple Pack - (Pre-order on September 29, 2016)
Price: Type A: $46.89 - Type B: $46.89 - 1/4 Slip: $45.69

Type A: 2,000 copies - Type B: 2,500 copies - 1/4 Slip: 1,000 copies

13938104_929743153836834_5964674825909768059_o.jpgtype a.jpgType B.jpgQuarter slip.jpg
image.png

- The steelbook illustration is by Krzysztof Domaradzki.
- The artwork for the slipbox was used previously for the Oldboy vinyl LP. It was co-ordinated by Nicolas Winding Refn, the director of Drive, and illustrated by Laurent Durieux. The director of Oldboy Park Chan-wook wanted one of our editions to feature this artwork so we reached out to Milan Records and illustrator Laurent Durieux. You'll be able to see more of the artwork since parts of the top and bottom were cropped out for the vinyl LP.

Old mock up
tumblr_odfq0maYYu1t1dcuoo1_1280.png

Last edited by a moderator:
:dunno: I don't like what I'm seeing so far. I know Plain will do an awesome job, I'm hoping this will be the grail in my collection once they finalise everything

Can't see this being popular at all, as scalpers will steer clear after being stuck with UK stock of the same title.
With all due respect, even though the UK version was pretty nice, you know that Plain Archive is gonna go all out don't you?

They go all out on every title, let alone one of their most critically acclaimed national titles that went big internationally. It's pride that will drive them to do magical things with this release.

Once final artwork is revealed, there will be no competition for this release.

Every other release will not even exist or matter, cause this is THE release to have.

Last edited:
With all due respect, even though the UK version was pretty nice, you know that Plain Archive is gonna go all out don't you?

They go all out on every title, let alone one of their most critically acclaimed national titles that went big internationally. It's pride that will drive them to do magical things with this release.

Once final artwork is revealed, their will be no contest for this release.

Every other release will not even exist or matter cause this is THE release to have.

I agree with you buddy. If ZDT was awesome release,with the Oldboy release, Plain will use their big guns to blow our expectations.

English description :

Update on Oldboy

Firstly, we'd like to apologize for making you wait this much. Oldboy is taking so much longer than we initially anticipated, and took us by surprise last year.

Believe it or not, we are still working on Oldboy.

There's a documentary we're making. It features approx. 40 people (cast & crew). These are new interviews that you've never seen before.

The documentary feature is a proper film, made by a group of professional crew. We're also using a cinematic camera, instead of a camcorder or a DSLR.

In terms of the packaging, there will be a limited edition box set with a Steelbook inside. There are other editions that we can't talk about at the moment. Five designers from four different countries are working on multiple editions.

We're almost entirely sure that our release of Oldboy would be the most costly Blu-ray release Korea has ever seen. One of the reasons being the documentary.

Please bare with us a little longer. We need more time to release the best possible edition of Oldboy.

P.S. Attaching one of the artworks and a screenshot from the documentary (actress Yoon Jin-seo)

Thank you

Best regards
PLAIN ARCHIVE

Guys, no doubt, this release gonna be legendary !
i0vUs9.gif

Can't see this being popular at all, as scalpers will steer clear after being stuck with UK stock of the same title.
Not sure if this is a troll post or you just don't have experience with Plain Archive. I'll pretend it's not a troll and so I'll let you know you should start saving and plotting right now if you want to own this. POPULAR doesn't even begin to explain how quickly this will sell through.

While I don't think this is going to be as popular as ZDT. It's Plain Archive therefore I expect it to be just as good.

From a designers perspective, I love the placement and double meaning of OLD / BOY. Portraying both characters.

But having said that, I hope they use the left side as full artwork. Overall I love the tone and colours. But I'm not so sure of the font. Even though it's the original, it just to me doesn't interwine correctly with the chosen artwork/colours.

@Bluprint @harry @severo @PunkNinja @alatoire @TobinFrost @dan8885 @Hatori @Tchalla @Fisheds @Zyrin @RekLess @AlienKing @MGD @eLviS1987
I do like the art but I think they should've stuck to one picture, either left or right. The dividing of old/boy doesn't fit well. But after all its PA, in hand even this slip will look stunning.

P.S. - Thanks for the tag, but for future references, only the first 8 get notifications. So keep that in mind next time. I didn't get any notifications, I just happened to see it as I was going through this thread. :)

Omg @Tchalla
You got some beautiful timing to post that. Lol.

PlainArchive gang.
Better save some money for this one.

We ALL are gonna need it guys. ;-)
I better start a separate savings account just for this :rofl:
And @Bluprint you WILL get one-click this time. Last time it was unfortunate, but this time the whole OCG is behind you :thumbs: