• Full Slip B

• Quarter Slip

• Dual Pack

• Triple Pack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase links: Type A - Type B - Quarter Slip - Dual Pack - Triple Pack - (Pre-order on September 29, 2016)
Price: Type A: $46.89 - Type B: $46.89 - 1/4 Slip: $45.69

Type A: 2,000 copies - Type B: 2,500 copies - 1/4 Slip: 1,000 copies

13938104_929743153836834_5964674825909768059_o.jpgtype a.jpgType B.jpgQuarter slip.jpg
image.png

- The steelbook illustration is by Krzysztof Domaradzki.
- The artwork for the slipbox was used previously for the Oldboy vinyl LP. It was co-ordinated by Nicolas Winding Refn, the director of Drive, and illustrated by Laurent Durieux. The director of Oldboy Park Chan-wook wanted one of our editions to feature this artwork so we reached out to Milan Records and illustrator Laurent Durieux. You'll be able to see more of the artwork since parts of the top and bottom were cropped out for the vinyl LP.

Old mock up
tumblr_odfq0maYYu1t1dcuoo1_1280.png

Last edited by a moderator:
why do u need a group buy when u can buy it direct from plain archive?

see next quote.

All you need to do is look to how difficult it was to purchase Zero Dark Thirty directly from PA. GB creates assurances people can obtain copies and sometimes in a more expedited timeframe.

in deed. if I had not been in GB I would have missed the edition I wanted.

not all of us can be all the time in interwebs to secure deals.

I really get your passion, just like the UK thread of this release was also filled to the brim with incredible enthusiasm, but I suspect that this may not be as sought after as some suspect.

Fans of this movie are extremely vocal in its defence, and no doubt PA WILL do an amazing job, but I'm not so sure it will sell out as quickly as some believe.

I own the UK release, I like the movie. Scalpers look for opportunity to make profit and got stung on the previous release, I'm just not sure that there are enough true collectors out there for a quick initial sell out.

I may well pick this up myself so don't shoot me old boy!

It's going to go lightning fast, believe me. They're putting nearly two years into this release, it's going to be something very special from content to design, this will be Plain's ultimate release (so far). :D

This has much more international appeal than ZDT, and a huge cult following, and we all know how fast ZDT sold out.

No doubt--it will be interesting to see the allocation of this to Koreans vs International customers as this is a beloved film in Korea.

People are foolish to think this won't go like hot cakes--I had my doubts about ZDT, but seeing how quickly that disappeared makes me think that this will unquestionably sell out in minutes.

It's going to go lightning fast, believe me. They're putting nearly two years into this release, it's going to be something very special from content to design, this will be Plain's ultimate release (so far). :D

This has much more international appeal than ZDT, and a huge cult following, and we all know how fast ZDT sold out.

To be honest I'd just like the remaster. Not sure I need 18 versions of packaging for it.

All you need to do is look to how difficult it was to purchase Zero Dark Thirty directly from PA. GB creates assurances people can obtain copies and sometimes in a more expedited timeframe.

i actually believe that it was that difficult to order ZDT directly, because way too many copies already got sold before preorder time to re-sellers (and GB hosts) all over the world. ;)
if there is a GB for this, i hope it's for premium ninjas only, and not more than max. 10% of the international print-run.

i hope there isnt a group buy for this. you should be there at pre order time fighting for your copies, not writing your name down on some list while your off walking the dog while other people are suffering.

nova has done the right thing and hopefully wont allow any future group buys. i hope plain archive follow

i hope there isnt a group buy for this. you should be there at pre order time fighting for your copies, not writing your name down on some list while your off walking the dog while other people are suffering.

nova has done the right thing and hopefully wont allow any future group buys. i hope plain archive follow

What Nova did could only be classified as the "right thing" if and only if they had gotten there crap together and not had repeated crashes. That side needs to be seen also. Plain has always been more stable, hell even kimchi wasn't as bad as nova

I'm totally in for this. Plain Arcive for the win. If I'm able to secure this, I'll look to unload my Play.com release. Plain Arcive is the trendsetter in the Asian steel market. Quality is paramount with this retailer and I'm more than happy to support them, especially for titles like this.

Reactions: chunk and harry
Ninja's,

i couldn't resist so i made a mockup of my interpretation of Oldboy. I used the teaser image Plain Archive made. It's a PET sleeve with on the other half a print, making it semi-transparant. I just can't bare the thought of not using the iconic kaleidoscope effect. ;-)

On the back, the same artwork is used, but then as a booklet. And since i find that Oldboy should be entitled in their native tongue, on the side i put the original korean title.

Disclaimer: @Mods of HDN, if Plain Archive doesn't like this at all, please remove it from the site, thank you.

444OVeA.jpg

Last edited:
Ninja's,

i couldn't resist so i made a mockup of my interpretation of Oldboy. I used the teaser image Plain Archive made. It's a PET sleeve with on the other half a print, making it semi-transparant. I just can't bare the thought of not using the iconic kaleidoscope effect. ;-)

On the back, the same artwork is used, but then as a booklet. And since i find that Oldboy should be entitled in their native tongue, on the side i put the original korean title.

Disclaimer: @Mods of HDN, if Plain Archive doesn't like this at all, please remove it from the site, thank you.

444OVeA.jpg
Great concept J
I hope @hyunhujang sees this

Ninja's,

444OVeA.jpg

If they could do something similar to that it would be AMAZING! My only criticism is the spine. I don't mind the Korean text but I would want to see the english name as well.