Olympus Has Fallen (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) HDN CHOOSES ART! [UK]

Olympus Has Fallen-HDN picks art-Option 1 or 2?

• Option 1

Votes: 367 54.9%
  • Option 2

Votes: 301 45.1%

• Total voters

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release Date: October 7,2013
Purchase link: Olympus Has Fallen
Price: £17.49
Notes: Limited to 4000 copies, matte finish, 1 disc edition, full color inside artwork, Region B only!!!

10828893-1372926114-905906.jpg

BACK ARTWORK: (minus the text!)
olympus 2.jpg

Actual pictures: (Thanks to Thisisnotsparta)

Attachments

• olympus1.jpg
    olympus1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 822
Last edited:
I don't know why all the negativity toward this. I think it's a really nice Steelbook. Good artwork, and I love the way the fire 'moves' on the flagpole on the rear :thumbs:

I think the artwork on this is fantastic, it would have looked great with a glossy finish. It's still a nice steel, it's just not quite as good as it could have been!

Reactions: chunk
+1 I'm getting fed up with all the borders nowadays, I'm so glad this is an exception. This was a blind buy for and on first inspection the back art is totally awesome. I've just watched the film and WOW!!!!! I loved it. This is what the latest DieHard should have been like

The art is great and if it had been glossy it would've been amazing.. blind buy for me too, film was ok but my partner only got thru half before giving up on it. I felt like it was very silly with some poor cgi especially at the beginning, I stuck with it and enjoyed it to an extent. . Kept thinking, die hard without bruce making a ton of jokes.. I agree they should have gone down this road with die hard 5.

Overall : steelbook artwork used 10/10:LOL:
: steelbook finish used 0/10:ass:

Unsure whether to get this or not? Saw the amaray in Tesco the other day for £7. The artwork on the steel feels abit samey? I would have liked the pic from the J Card of Gerard Butler in front of the exploding White House on the back

Thanks for the info snooloui! I didn't get this but at the price it's worth buying, bad CGI and all. Oh, but it says paypal is currently unavailable as a payment method...

i really want to get this, but am cusious what zavvi's typical shipping method is for the US. it seems to me i recall some mentioning damaged steels from zavvi due to shipping standards. if anyone is on this that got OHF shipped statewide, i hope you chime in.

i really want to get this, but am cusious what zavvi's typical shipping method is for the US. it seems to me i recall some mentioning damaged steels from zavvi due to shipping standards. if anyone is on this that got OHF shipped statewide, i hope you chime in.

I ordered it when it was first released and it arrived in mint condition, as do 98% of all the steels that I order from Zavvi. BUT there is always that chance it can get damaged in transit (they ship in a pretty thin white box with a VERY thin layer of added protection). You should be good though, and FYI it usually takes about a week for it to arrive. :thumbs:

Reactions: jaws finatic
I ordered it when it was first released and it arrived in mint condition, as do 98% of all the steels that I order from Zavvi. BUT there is always that chance it can get damaged in transit (they ship in a pretty thin white box with a VERY thin layer of added protection). You should be good though, and FYI it usually takes about a week for it to arrive. :thumbs:

Awesome dude! Thanks!! :scat:

Ordering now!

Reactions: DJ IXS

Anyone got a despatch notice at all? I have a feeling like recent releases of previously out of stock items all of a sudden being available again e.g. The Prestige, I personally think that Zavvi are using a tried and tested formula of "Bait & Switch" Tempt you in to buying and you then add additional items then, after a week or so they can no longer source the title you wanted and cancel your order. By then the other items have been despatched and received.

You look on your orders and it states through this period that "Stock will be despatched to you as soon as we receive it from our supplier" How when only 4000 made and sold out a long time ago? There is no more available from the supplier!! Or it there?

Just my opinion by the way! :D

Anyone got a despatch notice at all? I have a feeling like recent releases of previously out of stock items all of a sudden being available again e.g. The Prestige, I personally think that Zavvi are using a tried and tested formula of "Bait & Switch" Tempt you in to buying and you then add additional items then, after a week or so they can no longer source the title you wanted and cancel your order. By then the other items have been despatched and received.

You look on your orders and it states through this period that "Stock will be despatched to you as soon as we receive it from our supplier" How when only 4000 made and sold out a long time ago? There is no more available from the supplier!! Or it there?

Just my opinion by the way! :D

I noticed that 'dispatch' thingy, and also wondered about the 4000 copies. If your hypothetical is correct that would be quite bogus. i did only order that one item so should this come to pass I'll at least get a refund.